Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vietnamese Trukk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,113 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

I'm pretty sure the vietnamese are secretly Orks. They can somehow make anything work. They grab scrap and make something out of with lots of weird levers and controls where you have to use both hands and your feet just to steer. (Side note, my partner is Vietnamese so I hope she is not an Ork) Today I rode this trukk:

dpnx33n.jpgoUvqaLX.jpg

• warhead01, Garslag and Garr like this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 312 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
I've got bad news for you Skumdreg, if she's not 7' tall and green... she may be a grot.
  • warhead01, Garslag, Grimskul25 and 1 other like this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

When I was in Kosovo on 01' I saw a lot of stuff like that Farm equipment fixed up to pull carts and the back end of small trucks for transportation. 

Cool stuff. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Almost meeting that for sheer bonkersness from the opposite end of the spectrum the most 'you wot?' vehicle I've ever seen was at a demolition yard. The chap who owned the company had enough smarts to have a look round and pull anything of worth out of the building before he let the wrecking ball off the leash so this thing may have been a 'barn find' but it was in pretty good condition for its' age. So, I see's the front of this thing poking round a corner - 1920's/30's looking Daimler limo, big fluted radiator grill in the centre with a pair of zoggin' great wings swooping up to either side of it housing the biggest diameter road wheels I've ever seen on a car. The wings swept up and over the front wheel arches to a trough fitted in each wing with a full-size spare wheel in each held down by a leather strap, from there the wings swept back along the stupid long bonnet to the base of the front doors - don't know if Daimler were making a straight eight at the time but this bonnet would have easily swallowed it. Inside the drivers bit was a bloomin' great wood rimmed steering wheel attached to a black centre boss (with a gold 'D' on it) which had levers radiating from the centre marked 'air/fuel' and 'advance/retard', the driver and front seat passenger sat in a pair of huge comfy looking leather chairs (not seats - if these things had been fitted with arms they would have been proper armchairs). And, behind the chairs was a steel blanking plate, don't know if the back of the body had been cut off or if it had been made this way (Daimlers could be bought at that time as rolling chassis and delivered to the coachbuilder of your choice so it's possible that this motor was like this from the day it was certified). And, behind the plate was the body of a fully fitted out horse-drawn traditional gypsy caravan bolted onto the back of the chassis :/ - now THAT is what I call a GT :lol (probably explains why I think my 'Ferrari front with a motorhome stuffed up the back of it' Skull'Amma looks perfectly normal) :cheers

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 475 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Used to see many of these type of agricultural "vehicles" in the U.S. during the 60's. Many large power mowers worked this way, with the drive and mower deck up front, and the seated operator trailing behind. 

P.S. Not going to comment on your partner's potential background.  :nono

P.P.S. Daimler made a V-12 that they called the 'Double Six'. A lot of Daimlers from the 30's had very long hoods, especially the cars equipped with a 'Double Six". I found a picture of a 30's Daimler limo, perhaps it was similar?  :?  ( <https://classiccarwe...jpg?w=584&h=387> ). " And, behind the plate was the body of a fully fitted out horse-drawn traditional gypsy caravan", I guess that would require some serious horsepower to move around.  :lol

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

P.P.S. Daimler made a V-12 that they called the 'Double Six'. A lot of Daimlers from the 30's had very long hoods, especially the cars equipped with a 'Double Six". I found a picture of a 30's Daimler limo, perhaps it was similar?  :?  ( <https://classiccarwe...jpg?w=584&h=387> ). " And, behind the plate was the body of a fully fitted out horse-drawn traditional gypsy caravan", I guess that would require some serious horsepower to move around.  :lol

The straight eight replaced the sleeve-valved double-six from about 1934, the pic you linked to may have had the same chassis but the bodywork was made in whatever style the customer wanted by whichever coachbuilder they'd chosen to build it :D

As for the power requirements, the gypsy's used to manage perfectly well with one horse dragging it around - the straight-eights' claimed 90 horsepower would probably shift it a bit quicker ;)  

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 475 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

With that long bonnet, maybe the horse was left under there, and not the straight eight?  :?  After all coach builders started out with building coaches.  ;)

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,129 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Finally, a thread worth reading. ;)

• Giganotosaurus and Skumdreg like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,113 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

It's okay guys... turns out my partner is just Saint Celestine so I'll probably be impaled for being a heretic rather than ripped apart with an axe.

na7NaPz.jpg

• Dim_Reapa likes this