Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Azbag da Stomper-er's Freebotin' Rockin' Stompin' Army

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
Hey Warboss Tae here with my first ever 40k army.

Fluff-wise, it's a freebootin', world-hoppin', fungus-beer-drinkin' mob of orks that have left their separate clans to join Azbag da Stomper'er's space-farin' Waaagh!

I like painting all of the different clans and thought, "Why bog myself down with one of the six clans, when I can paint stuff from each one?\" Hence, the freebooter theme.

Also, I thought, why just have squads of each clan (a squad of Deathskull lootaz, a squad of Evil Sunz bikerz) when I can mix em all up? So, my solution was to create the following table and roll a D6 for each model in the unit, to decide what clan the model originally came from, then paint it accordingly. It's kept it fun and kept me interested in continuing to find new and interesting ways to convert and paint the models once I knew where they came from.

Case in point, I knew that one of my Nobz would have a power klaw and a WAAAGH banner, so I rolled on the following table:

1-Snakebite
2-Deathskull
3-Evil Sunz
4-Goff
5-Blood Axe
6-Bad Moonz

I roll a 1.

So, a Snakebite, eh? That influenced how I would model and paint him. I gave him some Warhammer Fantasy bitz like the bull skull helmet and a Fantasy Goblin Standard, and thought, since he cam from the tribal and primitive Snakebite clan, it would be hilarious to give his Power Klaw a hand crank, to show that each time he wanted to use it, he'd have to crank it up to get it going!

Hope you guys like them, I'll continue to post pics as I progress!

Here's my Warboss, Azbag da Stomper-er:
Posted Image

Mad Dok Smash Atoms (he thinks he's a klown at a chldren's hospital! Notice the ducks painted onto his scrubs? Haha, I rolled a Deathskull and wanted to do something original):
Posted Image
Posted Image

All the Nobz have Cybork Bodies, 'Eavy Armor, and various weapon loadouts.
Starting with my Snakebite Nob, Chief Raging Squig (Waaagh Banner and Power Klaw)
Posted Image

Major Bludd with Greenstuffed Commisar's cap (Power Klaw and Slugga)
Posted Image

Yellow Fevuh (Twin linked Shoota and Power Klaw)
Posted Image

Big Bloo (Big Choppa) and Da Red Baron (Slugga/Choppa)
Posted Image

Serjunt Slaughta (Shoota/Skorcha and Power Klaw)
http://i198.photobuc...jr/DSCN0079.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0063.JPG
  • DSCN0058.JPG
  • DSCN0055_1.JPG
  • DSCN0068.JPG
  • DSCN0070_1.JPG
  • DSCN0071_2.JPG
  • DSCN0072_1.JPG
  • DSCN0079.JPG
  • DSCN0066_2.JPG
  • DSCN0056_2.JPG
  • DSCN0067_1.JPG
  • DSCN0035_1.JPG

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
And finally, a converted Blood Axe Zzap Gun with extra crew!
Spotter "Deadeye" Zipglitz
\"Range, forty meters! No wait, eighty meters! No wait...uh, boss, I fink dey is assaulting us.\"
Posted Image

Sentry Skabpik
"Dese 'umie uniforms is itchy!"
Posted Image

Korpral Fudjit
"It's a Grot's life in da army."
Posted Image

And Gunner Cheeky Bongwater
"Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka!"
Posted Image

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Nice work on the grots ya zoggin git. Love em. Good use of the Umie bitz. I like the blue choppa nob as well, even if he is weedy Deff Skull blue he still looks ded ard. Keep up da gud werk ya git. :cheers WAAAGH! da Ork blogs
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
:eek These are awesome :! The painting is fantastic & the conversion here & there really stand out. I especially like the gauges from the stormboyz sprue on the Major Bludd's shoulder, very convincing cybork & how you did Smash Atom's face is just classic :thumbs Gotta love dem Freebottaz :cheers
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Gobbla

Gobbla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
This is why I think there should be drug testing in this hobby… Seriously, great stuff! Lot’s of imagination well executed. I have the same painted up lascannons left over from my old (sold) 'umie army, gathering dust. You’ve given me a use for them.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
hahaaa i love the doc and the big bloo one....

kanvass

kanvass

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
  • Army Name:none
Haha, mate those cadian grots are killer !! love it.

Nazdakutsmega (the Ork)

Nazdakutsmega (the Ork)

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
Nice paint job. Any chance we can get a group picture to see what the different colors all look like together? I too contemplated this concept, but feared I would end up with a mob looking like a bag of skittles; I decided just to stick with entire mobs from one clan. Thanks.

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
Oi, mates! Thanks for the kind words! Zagursnik - I'm really happy you noticed the fuel gauges on Major Bludd! I was digging around my bitz box and noticed that you get extra rocket accessories in the stormboyz box (it's the age old Hot Dogs/Hot Dog Buns package enigma), and thought the gauges would make a great Cybork conversion. Also, if you look hard, you can see that I actually added a Cadia decal to Major Bludd's left shoulderplate, and with the paint scheme, I wanted it to represent that Major Bludd tore off some scrap from an 'umie tank and riveted it to his shoulder for extra 'ard 'armor plating. Nazdak - I'm working on the last few Nobz and would like to base them before I take a 'family photo'. I do keep them close to each other on my table though, and I can tell you, even though they do look like a big bag of dead 'ard skittles, I believe that the unified way I paint their skin seems to tie them all together. If I wanted to have a completely unified looking army, I would've gone with beakies haha!

Nazdakutsmega (the Ork)

Nazdakutsmega (the Ork)

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
I look forward to the group pic.

By the way, you have not ended up with skittles at all - all your models look great and the bright colors are my favorite part of the paint job.

But I would have definitely ended up with a bunch of skittles.

Cad@veR

Cad@veR

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
  • Army Name:Oomfink's Sneeky gitz
Haha! That made my day! :D I love the clown-doc and Corporal Fidgit!! , reminds me of my army days :P

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
Oi!

Here are some shots of my first slugga mob, I still need to finish the Nob and a few more, but I thought you guys might like to see what I have so far!

I gave the Blood Axe his own picture because he was the first 40k Ork I ever painted and I lavished him with detail, even though he's a regular AoBR boy. I gave him a Greenstuffed beret and a few tattoos (one that says "MOM" on his left shoulder and a Blood Axe icon on his right forearm). Also, if you'll notice, I drilled some holes in one of the Deathskulls' helmet, which previously belonged to a goff before it was 'acquired' and given a coat of blue paint

Hope you guys like em!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
Great job on the tat's man! It's good to see other people using colors effectively. Some oranges would be good to see also :biggrin . Keep it up! :thumbs
Makin' it up as I go along!

daedalusaf

daedalusaf

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
  • Army Name:Lutenplunda Klan
you sir, are mad! luv it all....and consider the d6 idea looted!

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
I posted this in Mek's Garage as well, but since these are finished pics, I thought this would also be a good place to put em.

My favorite part was painting the little red commie star on Korpral Putz' hat!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Gorok Gorz

Gorok Gorz

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 170 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaaagh Gorz
Consider the grots looted. I love em. I love the sentinal. The Damage and blood stains is proper. Im really tempted to do a grot/guard army using what I've seen here as the inspration. Keep it comming.
"Quantity is its own quality" Stalin

warboss_tae

warboss_tae

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
Deffwing Termeenatuh!

or Assassun's Kreed!

Rolled up a Blood Axe for my first meganob and thought I'd do him up in style!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, here's my interpretation of the Apcoalypse formation "Loota Wreckin' Krew". I rolled up Deathskulls for the trukk and Snakebite and Evil Sunz for the two lootaz in the bed. I originally thought of having all four lootaz and mek boy in the bed of the trukk (by removing the walls and using them as extensions to the main trukk bed, but I decided in the end that there were too many figures and it made the whole thing look too crowded. Also, I didn't want to cut up a perfectly good loota model to represent the special rule of designating a loota model to be killed by indiscriminate fire when rolling a 'natural 1' to determine number of shots, so instead I decided to model the Evil Sunz boy as he's about to fall off the trukk after slipping on a banana peel (which must've been dropped by that no good fruit eatin' Snakebite). I greenstuffed the banana peel.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Truly inspired stuff. Luv the Grots and stuff. Even funnier the banana peel ork fall-guy! LOLOL Keep 'em coming! HG

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
Great stuff, I especially like the ultra-beakie plate on the back of the trukk bed. :thumbs
Makin' it up as I go along!