Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH GorGak! (returns for 8th edition.)

- - - - - Painting Pictures WAAAGH GorGak! Squanch

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,686 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

some kind of scrap yard bases.

Scratch built or bought-in pre-cast resin ones :?

Looking forwards to seeing what you come up with :thumbs

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I'll scratch build them.  It shouldn't be too difficult as the larger the models is the more detail will be put into it. The boys will will just have less involved bases. I'm thinking plastic stock, quark board, dirt and what ever else look appropriate. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

Update, er. Blog updated.. 

http://warhead01.blo...f-painting.html

And here are a few of the better pictures. 

1015170955.jpg 1015170954.jpg

There are 28 of these little grots. Not sure where the last two ended up.  Probably eaten. 
In my last game the warphead had the idea to put da Jump on my mob of 30 grots. This would have gotten them killed except for realizing there was a better spot to put them. They would go on to pop a bunch of shots at some flying Beakies. the final tally would be 2 Beakies dead and one wounded. he was cooked by some burna boys just after that. 

1015170957a.jpg

I found a strange head in the bag these were in. I think it from AoS, one of the Iron Jaws kits.   (The one on the left.) 
I have another 20 or more that will be going along with these. work work work!

1015170958a.jpg

Nothing too flashy just yet..... 

Their gunz are as large as they are! 

1015171000.jpg

More Kannons! this will make 6 in total. 
I need to bring in one of the others to match them. 

I have a few Burna Boys in Bits I may build and paint as well in a month or so. I would like to get through these before I mess with those. 

Thanks for looking!

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,686 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Those are some nice rust effects you've got going on those grot sluggaz and choppaz - even more eager to see your skrapyard bases now :thumbs

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

The rust did come out well. it's just my usual dark brown + rust color but this time with a wash of gunmetal grey. That's gone dark, it used to be much brighter. I've had it for a while and maybe the pigment is separating? Who knows. 

I'm going to have to scrounge around for the stuff for the bases. I think they'll turn out nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Painting, Pictures, WAAAGH GorGak!, Squanch