Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Life-Size Mega Armor Suit

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:Trigga Fingaz
I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to share a project I've been working on recently. Idk if it's been done before, but a friend recently challenged me to build a wearable life-sized Ork mega Armor suit. I'm in full Mek mode, and wanted to show off my progress to get feedback. I've only completed the upper section and feet so far. Here are some pics!

Upper Torso (minus Gob)
Posted Image

Upper Torso (with Gob [no teeth yet])
Posted Image

Feet sections (the edges will be done up and tape will be hidden in final version)
Posted Image

Feet combined (designed for up to 30 degree lift)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm currently working on the shin pieces which I'll post soon. Let me know what you all think!
"There's nothing like the sound of Dakka in the morning!"

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Wondering how it looks when wearing it but so far it looks like a very promising project :search . Hope you will finish it :cheers !
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
You are the best kind of person.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

greggles

greggles

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 847 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
When this is finished, and if you go to a con, please make a public post about it. Cause I want to see it in person!

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
If You deliver, please don't wear Orc mask. Paint Yourself green, make Yourself famous. Also broklaw guys in beakie suits.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
its more that great but how big you will be in costiume and how yo planning to walk in such big buts? but any way bravo, bravo you are one of a kind sir!
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

boss-eadcracka

boss-eadcracka

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
when you bash other gitz and umiez over the head you will look badass doing so!! keep it up man stoked to see this when its done!
***Removed by the HQ***

alien027

alien027

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
  • Army Name:Green skin
Look great! but heavy! :cheers

Greyhound

Greyhound

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 305 posts
  • Army Name:Greyhound's Horde
Looks like the money. It's going to be a challenge to mimic the ork's posture. Will follow with interest

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
Thanks, all! The support is definitely keeping me motivated. I'm making progress this week and should have more pics this weekend.

Wondering how it looks when wearing it but so far it looks like a very promising project :search . Hope you will finish it :cheers !

I'll be sure to get a pic of me wearing it for you soon! I'm trying to finish the arm sockets before I show off me wearing it, cause it may look a bit strange without sides. I'll get those pics as soon as I'm done with those (those are next step after finishing legs - so a week or so hopefully).

When this is finished, and if you go to a con, please make a public post about it. Cause I want to see it in person!

I'm planning on attending Awesome Con in DC this April. I'll be sure to get pics.

Look great! but heavy! :cheers

Actually, not very heavy cause it only uses foamboard and a bit of aluminum (...so far). the heaviest parts are some of the PVC connections that will be in the arms and thighs.

Looks like the money.
It's going to be a challenge to mimic the ork's posture. Will follow with interest

The concept is a little weird, but the posture will be there. My biggest problem now is the waist. Trying to figure out how to rotate the torso at the proper angle. Any ideas from anyone?

Also, does anyone know a good mask maker? I've got everything figured out armor and body-wise except the face (aka the most crucial part). If you know of anyone or anywhere I'd find someone who would be willing to take commission for an ork bust, please let me know!

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
I just wanna say, regarding glyphs, please add the 'razza' glyph (funfair :D) Also, for a big shoota, or weaponry of sorts, strap an orky nerf gun or so on to it. I'd reccomend the 'Vulcan megablaster' (but it's £50) instead you could buy several 'mavericks' (I think they're about £15). But you need some sort of armorment, you ant be an ork without gunz after all. Also, you having a power klaw?
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

alien027

alien027

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
Do you have any plan for the TL Big shoota? :dakka :thumbs

Let give you an idea! :!

http://www.geeky-gad...-fires-500-rpm/

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts

Also, for a big shoota, or weaponry of sorts, strap an orky nerf gun or so on to it. I'd reccomend the 'Vulcan megablaster' (but it's £50) instead you could buy several 'mavericks' (I think they're about £15). But you need some sort of armorment, you ant be an ork without gunz after all. Also, you having a power klaw?

Do you have any plan for the TL Big shoota? :dakka :thumbs

The Vulcan megablaster is an awesome idea! (this project originally stemmed from me wanting to create a shoota out of a nerf gun, but then things truly escalated). The only problem is that proportionally, the gun barrel is waaaay to small (by scale, the barrel for the TL Shoota is about 5 inches in diameter!). I wanted the gun to be a working one, but I might just have to create a model gun and add light/sound effects. That way I also don't have to clean up nerf all over the place!

That is, unless someone knows a toy gun with bigger barrels?

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,822 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
well as 40k's very much a heroic scale game, scaling things up generally needs to be done slightly differently to make it look good - the bolgun on the 'life size beakie' at warhammer world is a fine example of when scaling doesn't work. if you could afford one or two of them nerf guns, i'd go for that. if you really want it chunky, perhaps build round them?

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 389 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz
That is fantastic. You need to go to Games Day in that or something. Madness!
My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes

alien027

alien027

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
How about this one.... :dakka

http://www.trendhunt...gatling-blaster

Maybe two of this one could mede it the deal. :biggrin

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts

How about this one.... :dakka

http://www.trendhunt...gatling-blaster

Maybe two of this one could mede it the deal. :biggrin

YES! This baby looks like just what I need. :thumbs Perfect size (particularly once I add casing), shape (boxy feel makes it easy to conjoin), and the belt holder look really easy to mod.

The only problem is I'm a nerf collector, so is there any way to mod it for nerf bullets? We all know how fast bullets disappear, and I'd rather lose the same type of bullet (so I only have to restock that type of ammo).

Also, where the hell can I buy these things now? They seem considerably unavailable online and replaced by the smaller Dartstorm/Quickfire gatling blasters.

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor

Ozzy Dentwrench

Ozzy Dentwrench

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
As a nerfer myself, I can say it will take anything that isn't the streamline clip-system darts. As for getting one, try ebay?

Alternatively, how about one of these?

Posted Image
Warning: This poster has little to no hobbying experience. Any advice or ideas presented in the above post should be taken with twice the standard measure of salt.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
http://www.manapotio...m/Chaingun.html

Need more Dakka!
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
Wasn't able to get much done over the weekend due to a number of factors, but I did complete the main part of both shins (still need calf plate, and of course eventually body).

Posted Image

I've also begun work on the shoulder/arm socket pieces, but there wasn't enough done to share pics.

Thanks for all the ideas on gun development (I should have guessed that Dakka would be the most important discussion)! I'm getting more and more excited about building that part. I'm thinking I'll wait to build that last, cause once I'm done with it I'm gonna forget all about the rest of the project and just want to shoot it all the time!

Also, I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has any suggestions on making the actual ork face? Anyone good with latex?

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor