Feast of Blades Qualifier in Louisiana!
Feast of Blades Qualifier in Louisiana!
Jul 31 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined: 9-July 12
Member No.: 13,208
7517 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70806-8308
+Please note, highlighted words are advertisements now, with the new board setup and are not affiliated with Little Wars in any way shape or form+
Surprise! We are going to be the ONLY store in Louisiana holding this event!! Spots are very limited (20 seats) so please ensure you go to facebook and find Little Wars, which has the event listed very clearly, join it, and confirm your appearance on the message instructing you to do so. Never fear, there may be spots that open, so it's no harm to show, and even if you can't play you can always watch!
Feast of Blades Invitational Qualifier Tournament
1999+1 Single FOC
Will be held at Little Wars on August 11, 2012 Start Time 10am
Three game tournament, Entry fee $10.00
Finals: Denver, Colorado 26-28 October 2012.
Background: Recently a resounding message has come to us "We aren't ready for double force org." Whether it was because of the financial aspects of building out to that new paradigm or simply the overwhelming depression of staring across the table from 6 psifle-dreads, you just didn't feel excited to play at that level.
As such we are making the following changes. (The following overrides anything we have told you publicly or privately).
- Qualifiers will be played at 1999+1 points. (no 2 FOC)
- Qualifiers will NOT be using Forgeworld rules. Forgeworld Models are fine for representing the standard version of what they are as long as they are WYSIWYG.
- Qualifiers WILL BE played "by the book." with the following exceptions below
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "mysterious terrain," rules.
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Archotech artefacts" rules (p 106)
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "unique terrain," rules (p. 107)
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Warlord Traits," rules
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Mysterious Objectives"
- Qualifiers will NOT be using the Fortress of Redemption from the Fortifications list.
As always, we put a lot of effort and time into this decision but our players come first!
Also, as a side note. These rulings are currently only applied to the Qualifiers.
We may make some (small) changes to this exclusion list at the Finals. For example, it is highly likely that Warlord traits will be allowed at the Finals, though they are not allowed in the qualifiers.
Normal Tournament Rules that apply:
- No hand-written lists will be allowed, Army Builder, Excel, and Word lists only (fully detailed units…. no abbreviation other than stat line, list weapon options taken, etc…) and must have a copy of any relevant FAQs they intend on using. Players are encouraged to name characters (HQ choices, squad upgrade characters, etc…) as this will lead to easier MVP decision.
- If fortifications are being used, they must originate from whatever applicable kit. Additions/customizations are fine, but no scratch built items can count as fortifications.
- Composition will not be graded for this tourney.
- WYSIWYG is enforced, models need not be painted at this time, but must be fully assembled and armed as modeled. Also models must be on an appropriately size base, if yours didn't come with a base or you are unsure, ask what size base is REQUIRED.
- There shall be no proxy modeling using non-GW models, converted models are just fine provided they are the appropriate size and WYSIWYG.
- Tourney Organizer's decision is final.
Feast of Blades FAQ
Will my score from the qualifying round effect anything in the finals?
How long is each round?
- 2 hours.
How many rounds at the qualifiers?
Are there points for good army composition?
Are there any rules on % of troop pts, etc?
- No. Standard Force Organization chart applies
What percentage of figuring out the winner is battle points, painting, etc (qualifiers and Open GT)?
- Battle Points - 70%, Painting - 20%, Sportsmanship - 10%
Who will be invited to the invitational?
- Best overall, second overall and best general
If they can't make the finals who is the alternate?
- 1 alternate: Third overall
- 2 alternate: Fourth overall
- 3 alternate: Fifth overall, etc.
If you have any questions/concerns after reading this message myself (Admin)
Thanks and good luck to all who are planning on entering!
We are already 1/4 full as of 07/27, a single day after posting the event.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2012, 7:13pm by Admin »
For commission Painting, tips and thoughs please visit my blog
|Lo-Fi Version |||Time is now: 18th May 2013 - 09:09 PM|