Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KOPTA TO BIKE CONVERSHUNS

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Dirkum
Hi there ... Im back after a long break when I didn't like the new codex . I wanted a vast book with freeks and feral included and proper looting with imperial weapons ( ork snipers mmm sweet ) But have surfaced in the new green tide after all the new models starting to arrive , new forge world stiff is incredible . So i'm going to start with a bike squad using converted Deth coptas :biggrin Good to be back and good to be green :cheers ORCHEAD Pics to follow soon :search

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Pics at last hummie ... Used one of the new Deth Coptas , new trukk wheelz and a black ridge Nob . The shoulder pad is from the plastic Black Orcs .... Enjoy Good to be green .... Orchead :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__2_.JPG
  • Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__24_.JPG
  • Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__7_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
It's the BIG trukk wheels , chain drive is from the trukk wrecking ball , A fair bit of green stuff and pinning required ... Good to be Green ...Orchead :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__9_.JPG
  • Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__11_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Problemwith sum of the pics but willput on what I can .... Orchead Good to be Green :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__11_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Yes I know I put two the same on last post .... Orchead Good to be Green ... :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__13_.JPG
  • Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__16_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Will put more pics on my facebook group WAAAGH DIRKUM ... Sum just won't load up

Second bike is built and will start painting tonight .... Orchead :thumbs

Good to be Green :biggrin

WAAAGH DIRKUM

Attached Thumbnails

• Dcopta_Bike_Conversion__14_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Bike number two .... Should be painting tonight .... Orchead :thumbs Good to be Green :biggrin

Attached Thumbnails

• B2__3_.JPG
  • B2__4_.JPG

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Bike Three bits .... Orchead Good to be Green :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• B3_Parts__1_.JPG

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
Those look really good. I've seen a number of kopta to buggy conversions but this is the first kopta to bike conversion. If you are going with just nob bikers I think this will work. If you plan on using the boyz that come attached to the koptas I don't think they'll look as good. They are a bit on the weedy side with those tires. Keep up the good work. :cheers
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Your right ...Nobz only and will do a warboss on a trike for good measure . Waaagh's in it's early stages and loas and loads to do . Just glad of all the new plastics out there .... Orchead :cheers Good to be Green

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Looking great Orchead - & great to have you back!!! :thumbs
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Taytonclait

Taytonclait

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 326 posts
excellent conversion, a great way to boost your ranks of Nob Bikers with the larger size of the Deffkopta. I really like the sleek, lowriding look but still heavy and solid enough to plow through Chaos Beakies. Awesome work!
Smash 'em, Bash em, Skin em alive!!

nmcgregor

nmcgregor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Love these! I love the look of the new bikes but these have something that those don't.

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
  • Army Name:Big Lenny's 'alf-Pints
@Orchead The other images probably don't want to load due to "file size". I'm guessing they are in the 1Mb+ range ;) Decrease the size of the file and it should even out, no problem. LOVE. The Nob bikes, very well done conversion work :)
Always stay true to Ork beliefs: Bloo is lucky, Red makes fings go fasta, and rivits can fix ANYTHING!!!

Big Lenny's Death Skull Rebellion

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Good to be back thanks ..... Painting bike three this morning and will post pics then starting the Warboss ( looking like he'll be on a quad instead of a trike ..... Just the way of things ) Thinking about a looted Basilisk as well ( had one yonks ago and would give the Waaagh a BIG gun ...... mmmm Good to be green ... Orchead the Red :thumbs

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Willpost more pics on the face book group WAAAGH DIRKUM as well ..... Orchead the Red Good to be Green

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
mmmm might go with a trike after all ? Good to be Green ... Orchead the Red :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• triquad__2_.JPG
  • triquad__1_.JPG

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
I like 3wheel better
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

Warboss Gorhack

Warboss Gorhack

'Ead Graft

• Bad Moonz
  • 730 posts
  • Army Name:Gorhacks Bad Moonz
I like both the bike and trike conversions. You made good use of the existing Kopta housing and made it mesh well with bike suspensions. The wheels chosen are a good scale match to the kopta frames, and the Nob works well too. Good variety developing with both bike and trike approaches. Excellent kickoff here, I'll be watching with interest to see how the final product pans out! My two teef, Warboss Gorhack

orchead

orchead

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Going to go Trike ..... have done a basic fit while painting bike 3 and it fits better with the rest ( no pointing by Hummie and cries of buggy buggy ) Had to drill and pin trukk axis then chop a bit out to fit the chain drive ( more fiddly that a bag of squigs but has turned out OK ) Must go paint No3 now and try to fit a Warboss onto the trike har de har ( going to use the Blackridge one ) Doc Doc pass the hacksaw ... good to be Green Orchead the Red :thumbs

Attached Thumbnails

• WARBOSS_TRIKE_WIP__3_.JPG
  • WARBOSS_TRIKE_WIP__4_.JPG