Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2k list (not what I usually bring)
laughterofgods
post Apr 26 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #1

'Ard Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,707

I'm playing a 2k point against MiniWarGaming Dan in a week or so, and trying to have a list that is a bit more fun since he is also playing orks. My idea was to field as many non-BW vehicles as possible, and here is what I came up with.

Big Mek w/KFF
Big Mek w/KFF and Bosspole (goes with MANZ)

Lootas x9
Lootas x9
MANZ x3 in Trukk

Boyz x18 (goes with unclaimed Mek)
Boyz x12 w/trukk
Boyz x12 w/trukk
Deff Dread w/4 DCCW
Deff Dread w/2 Big Shootas

Buggies x3 w/Rokkits
Buggies x3 w/Rokkits
Skorchas x2

Killa Kanz x3 w/Big Shootas
Killa Kanz x3 w/Rokkits
Killa Kanz x3 w/Grotzookas

Any thoughts would be appreciated since this is nothing like what I play.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TMK0377
post Apr 26 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Mushling

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 6,251

I like the list, but it is sorely lacking on scoring units. I would try to bulk up the 18 strong squad to 30, and add another scoring unit. At least some grots to objective camp, or screen the lootas in kp games. I feel the 3 manz in the trukk may not work too well. Maybe swap them out with another trukk mob?

+Quote Post
Goregut
post Apr 27 2012, 01:58 AM
Post #3

Grot Oiler

Member No.: 12,827

QUOTE (TMK0377 @ Apr 27 2012, 12:49 AM) *
I like the list, but it is sorely lacking on scoring units. I would try to bulk up the 18 strong squad to 30, and add another scoring unit. At least some grots to objective camp, or screen the lootas in kp games. I feel the 3 manz in the trukk may not work too well. Maybe swap them out with another trukk mob?

I second the above advice. Add more boyz, and perhaps drop all trukks as well and flesh out the boyz squads even more. This will turn your list in a more traditional Kan Wall list, and makes sure your whole army will hit him at the same time.

Hope this helps and good luck on your game VS MWG Dan. I am sure i will see how you performed on the MWG site soon soon enough biggrin2.gif

--------------------
Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't lose neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

+Quote Post
laughterofgods
post Apr 27 2012, 08:24 AM
Post #4

'Ard Boy

I understand the more scoring units comment. I'll change the MANZ into a 3rd unit of trukk boyz, but dropping the trukks totally does away with the theme I am going for, which is having an absurd number of low armor vehicles. The Dreds aren't techincally low armor I guess, but I can't get Kanz as troops.

+Quote Post
greggles
post Apr 27 2012, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Lobotomy

Member No.: 11,813

log,

Instead of doing that, replace one of the big meks with a warboss. This makes the meganobz scoring! That gets you another troop choice, without drastically changing your list. Plus without that extra kff, you'll basically be forced to be more aggressive with the units not under the umbrella. (ie, way more orkish and fun).

Oh wait...crap, just realized the deff dread. DAMN. Well if you ignore the above, at least make sure the deff dreads are kitted out identically, and have grot riggers and armor plates. I'd also give them skorcha's instead of big shoota's, since you have the 3 kan's with big shootas. The skorcha's are mainly used to prevent the deff dread from being horde mobbed by a cheap unit, such as hormagaunts, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
laughterofgods
post Apr 27 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #6

'Ard Boy

I could drop one of the Dreds. They aren't really essential to the army. I just threw them in to get 2 more armor units. My thought was to use one KFF to protect the Trukks and the buggies for at least the first turn, and then the other KFF to provide some cover to the Dreds and the Kanz, but having one KFF protecting that many walkers is going to mean I can't cover much of them, so dropping it could work for me. Plus if my fast stuff moves fast and whatnot, my opponent will have to spend a few turns dealing with all of the contents of my trukks, giving the walkers a chane to move up without taking too much fire. Then I could spend the points from the extra dred on some extra boyz.

Also, all of my units have the normative upgrades like grot riggers and armor plates on the dreds, and reinforced rams on the trukks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:27 AM