Lost Boyz
post Mar 29 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #1

squig attack arm

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 9,023

Kind of a small count for Planetstrke (1500) - but ere goes:
I am attacking. (vs beakies or guard)

Warboss - Warbike, Squig, Klaw, Cybork (he takes squig 'case he is on a giant squig)

30 Boys (shootas) 3x rockets, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole

30 Boys (shootas) 3x rockets, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole

5 Meganobz (3 w/ scorchas)

19 Miserable Grots

15 Stormboyz - Nob w/ Klaw & Pole

5 Bikers, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole

Copta - Buzzsaw & Rockets

Copta - Buzzsaw & Rockets

Coptas and Bikes are for claiming objectives (or attacking vehicles if handy). Bikes and grots provide cover for the mobs (IF they deploy correctly - you roll for that!!) Manz would deep-strike right in their face (unless it is GK!!) I might deepstrike more depending on the board setup... I have lots of fast stuff ... I don't waddle on and just get ripped by shooting in the first 2 turns. No vehicles to confound their lascannons (in bastions) and anti-tank guns. I want a lot of bodies. I want them in assault.

I will either take night fight + meltabomb drop (love to give those grots bombs) or maybe the 'cataclismic bomb' - which will give all the bastions a str. 10 hit 1st turn & pins troops.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
laughterofgods
post Mar 29 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #2

'Ard Boy

Member No.: 11,707

You might consider buying the MANZ a trukk as a dedicated transport. I don't think you would have to deploy them in it so they could still deep strike, but it gives you the option of getting off a first turn charge with them if something is within 12-18" of the board edge, which it hopefully will be.

+Quote Post
Lost Boyz
post Mar 30 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #3

squig attack arm

That is a good idea. When i defend I bring 2 trucks w/ Manz - and deploy them in reserve - they enter from a random table edge and what a lot of fun. Last time there were Broadsides in the corner.

I would be sad if they got lost during deepstrike - and they cannot assault!

+Quote Post
Lost Boyz
post Apr 26 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #4

squig attack arm

I changed my boys to 3 mobs of 20 and plopped the MANZ in a truck.

We got slaughtered. We also won. (kind of the Ork theme!)

Grots got bombs and destroyed one wing of the Fortress, Stormboyz destroyed the other 'wing.' I assaulted units to get closer and closer. Knights shot the hell out of us all the time. Last turn I held one bastion (the ruins) with 3 boys and a nob - contested the wrecked bastion with a lone turbo-boosting copter. Thats' all I had left. I only killed 1/3 of the Knights - if that. If we had gone another turn I would have been tabled - but life is good!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:47 AM