Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Practicing with da kommandos, advice please
Warlord93
post Mar 27 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Puffball Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,698

hi, I just recently started using kommandos and very much enjoy playing them. I was hoping someone could help me figure out the most effective way to build a stabby mob of kommandos

what I thought of:

265pts- Kommandos mob (15)
+Boss Snikrot +2 burnas

the mob is also accompanied with my warboss

125pts- Warboss
+Power Klaw +Kombi-skorcha +Eavy Armor +Cybork Body +Attack Squig +Bosspole

any advice would be useful. please and thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Magus Gar Kan
post Mar 27 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #2

'Ard Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 3,417

Well if you want them nice and krumpy... put your boss in mega armor. Both the Boss and the Kommando's have Move through Cover, so even though they're going at the boss's speed, you're picking the highest of 3 dice.

If you want them even more killy, stick them with Ghazzy for the same reason.

Overall though... looks good. Your best bet for using them is to just pop them out near anything you have in your opponent's backfield... preferably a unit outside of their transport, light 'em up and go in for the assault.

--------------------
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

+Quote Post
Drobbit
post Mar 28 2012, 04:23 AM
Post #3

Growler (pet squig)

Member No.: 12,867

Ghazzy is your best choice if you can afford the points.
I had an experience with snikrot + Ghazzy + 10 komandos against grey knights and they killed everything on they'r way. The whole grey knight army turn back to face them so I was able to multiattack from everywhere and finish him.
The greatness of "da combo" is that Ghazzy special ability allows you to auto roll 6 on running when he performs a Waaagh. That + move through cover allows you to reach the distance in the turn they appeare and charge.

--------------------
May the waaagh be with you...

+Quote Post
Razda
post Apr 28 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #4

Mushling

Member No.: 12,468

Wait, so they can charge the turn they come in, they just can't move or run? I feel like a snotling right now...

+Quote Post
Nork
post Apr 28 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #5

Grot Orderly

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 12,863

Razda, Kommandos are either on the board as infiltators or they walk on from reserve. If something walks on from reserve then it acts normally (I'm pretty sure anyway, never had reserve units that could do anything other than walk of course), in the case of Snikrot, his ambush rule means that he walks onto the board from reserve but from any table edge you choose.

So Snikrot and his unit can walk on from the back edge, you can declare a Waaagh! if you like (seeing as reserve rolls occur after the first game turn which is when Waaagh! becomes available), run and then assault. So for your opponent to be safe from five S6 attacks then they have to keep more than 13-18" from a table edge, run rolls depending.

Warlord93, you've pretty much got it there and anything I could add has been covered already smilingOrk.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:38 PM