Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waaagh UK 2012 - Da AftaMaff, We Came, We Fought, We Died
eddie the troll
post Mar 27 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Da Mole

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 613

In time honoured custom, the thread for the Waagh UK photoes goes here.

I've dropped GW events an email to say thanks for the table - it wasn't what we asked for, but I thinks it was the best table we could have had.

So lads, drop yer beers, post yer photos, and show the other gitz what a proppa Waaagh is like thumbs.gif

DJ - Interwebs back now they've repaired the hole in the road

The Man with the Goldenballs hasn't been made, so next years films will have to be different

--------------------
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cookie
post Mar 27 2012, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,466

crap i'm still sorting though the photos from saturday, so you'll have to wait for those, but i do have the sunday ones done.
and no i'm not gonna link all 30 of them here.

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/sa...0waaagh%202012/

theres the link to the sunday folder, I think i'll just add discriptions and titles there
titles and discriptions are up.
i hope to have the saturday ones up tonight.

--------------------
standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

+Quote Post
pete1000
post Mar 27 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #3

Ammo Runt

Member No.: 7,006

Hi,
just to say what a great event this was. I really enjoyed it despite getting almost completely wiped out on the Saturday in the big game. It was good to see you all again, this was my fourth year at Waaagh UK and I think it gets better every year. cheers.gif

I have played a few 3 way games before and they have all been unsatisfactory, so I wasn't very keen on the idea for the sunday game. I had a big Apocalypse 3 way in January and was almost a complete disaster! However I must congratulate Ed on the brilliant 3 way system we played -it really did work. thumbs.gif . That DJ and I won was obviously great but "DA 3WAY SISTUM" made it a very clever game and you really had to think ahead. Look forward to playing that again next year.

See you at WAAAGH UK 2013!
Pete

+Quote Post
Keg
post Mar 29 2012, 06:44 AM
Post #4

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 4,856

Get dem zoggin' Sat pikz up Cookie! winkingOrk.gif

I was really surprised to win the Golden Grot with Grimskull, it actually puts a little more confidence in my painting ability, normally I thought I was sub-par but to see that it was so close in the votes between me and DJ I was shocked. I may not have portrayed well on the day (Despite the "WOOH!" after accepting the trophy) but I was, and I still am, very grateful for votes. Thanks ladz. thumbs.gif

I really enjoyed this year, it was good fun even on the train journey there and back with Dim. As well as at Eddie's but let's not mention what happened at around five in the morning that night. blushork2.gif laughingOrk.gif

The mega battle on the Saturday was fun and I really enjoyed the following three-way battle we had on the Sunday, I agree in that it was a good system.

I cannot wait for 2013.
No promises but maybe then I might actually have more than a boss and a nob this time. winkingOrk.gif
Keg cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
geoff123
post Mar 29 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #5

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,969

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year, was planning to come in 2008 I think? But dropped the hobby for a while. Started again though and now I've been teaching my fiancÚ to paint, shes excited to start learning how to play too CoolOrkDark.gif should have a large force by then too, as long as my student loan can accommodate both my bills and the orks pphhtork.gif

+Quote Post
Kleiner Zorn
post Mar 30 2012, 05:52 AM
Post #6

Loota Boy

Member No.: 10,406

id love to come but its a looong way from germany CoolOrkDark.gif

looks like it was fun

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dribble Joy
post Mar 30 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #7

Phobiak
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 2,391

QUOTE (Kleiner Zorn @ Mar 30 2012, 11:52 AM) *
id love to come but its a looong way from germany CoolOrkDark.gif

looks like it was fun

Dude, I'm planning to go to the US for a meet next year. Starting to save already!
Two years ago we had a guy from Australia!

Trains run from Cologne -> Brussels -> London -> Nottingham.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keg
post Mar 30 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #8

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 4,856

Please pardon the crappy mobile phone pictures, but this is what I got from the event.
My only Saturday picture:
STOMP!

Sunday:
"I knowz where I'm aimin'!"

"Derr ova der ladz! I'm comin' fer ya!"

"I'z bringin' death and I'm on a skull... Ironik me finks!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
cookie
post Mar 30 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Runtherd
Group Icon

right saturday photos are up here:

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/sa...012%20saturday/

dim said he would do the wirte up for this, so i'll hand it over to him, i'll label the pic so you know what turn they belong too.

and i put all 4 off the group photos up, ask dim again why theres 4.

--------------------
standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Apr 3 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #10

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

Group: Grot Rebelz
Member No.: 1,598

Okay, so sorry for the wait.

WAAAGH MEET REPORT PART ZE FIRST

Saturday [Pt 1: Deployment]

So, we all arrived on the Saturday morning in various dribs and drabs, a large proportion of us via the Eddiemobile. As with WAAAGHMEET tradition, Saturday was devoted to the playing of the megabattle! Teefordz arrived a little bit late, and I think by that point we'd just about sorted out the sides and who was playing what, following another wondrous tradition of WAAAGHMEETing, that of having no bloomin' organisation whatsoever...

One alliance consisted of David (Cookie's fighting buddy guest), Cookie, Dribble Joy, and Pete1000. The other, superior alliance conisted of Dim, Keg, Teefordz and Eddie.

Without wanting to spoil the outcome, it ended in a draw.

Okay then, so, deployment...

This is Dim's force. I was using mostly stuff from my Rebel Grot Codex, for the first time, and I spent most of the game learning how little I knew of my own rules! I took the far left of our side of the board, facing up against Dave's (well, Cookies stuff used by Dave) force. The Rebelz consisted mostly of a Brethren horde, led by The Prophet of Zork (who did bugger all for the whole game), with a supporting wing of Junkz, a Scrapgrinda (think 40k Doomwheel), with some Ork Codex Big Gunz (to avoid confusion) and a outflanking reserve of Cutta riding Raidas led by Da Korsair Kaptin, and 3 Deffkoptas.

To my right, was Warboss Keg's force, consisting mostly of borrowed things from Cookie and Eddie, mostly big things, and Keg's handful of painted models, including his Mek, and Warboss Keg himself, whom Keg had spent most of the Friday evening painting ferociously. Keg was facing off against Cookie.

To Keg's right was Teefordz, similarly borrowing everything, mostly from Eddie, and I presume those are DJ's Lifta Droppas. Teefordz was mostly facing off against DJ.

Ah now, this is a fantastic picture, capturing the wonderful moment when Eddie couldn't be bothered to wait for the pre-turn 1 pictures to be finished, and started moving anyway, eager to get stuck in. Eddie was facing off against Pete, who was probably not relishing all those Deffkoptas breathing down his flank...

To the opposite side now:

Here we find Dave's force, utilising Cookies stuff that he wasn't using, basically all the not as nice stuff. Unlucky him. Doubly unlucky that he'd have to spend most of the day gabbing with Dim. Poor sod didn't know what he was in for. Hur hur hur.

To Dave's left (my right) was Cookie, with his block of red and metal things, with what is likely some of Dj's dready things, either that or Cookie's going part bad moon. In true Cookie style, he's gone for a suitably odd and rather nasty deployment method, of using bugger all space up, and making what is essentially one nice big steamroller. Also off board he has a Lancasta Blasta Bomma.

Yeah, DJ.

and last but not least, we have Pete's Deffskullz/Blood Axes stuff, with his very blue and very nice Battlefortress.

I was hoping to get the full report done now, but the computer is being a sod at the moment (plus I do need sleep), so I'll finish the rest tomorrow. Hope Cookie's working on the Sunday pictures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dribble Joy
post Apr 4 2012, 02:15 AM
Post #11

Phobiak
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 2,391

QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Apr 4 2012, 04:38 AM) *
Yeah, DJ.

What? CoolOrkDark.gif

Good fun was had, even if Da Krawla couldn't hit for toffee.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pete1000
post Apr 4 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #12

Ammo Runt

Member No.: 7,006

Hi, just seen that last photo. I think I must be pregnant! No more burgers in Bugman's!
Pete cheers.gif

+Quote Post
cookie
post Apr 4 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #13

Runtherd
Group Icon

sunday pics are already in this topic, look at my first post.

I made my metal and plastic dread different colours, the metal ones are rather rusty, while the plastic ones are rather new, the yellow is on there to tie them into one of my big mekks and to help them stand out.

""In true Cookie style, he's gone for a suitably odd and rather nasty deployment method, of using bugger all space up, and making what is essentially one nice big steamroller. ""
I like this quote thumbs.gif

"Also off board he has a B-17 Blasta Bomma and P-51 mustang figtha.""
fixed this part for you though dim biggrin2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddie the Troll2
post Apr 5 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #14

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 13,006

"Ah now, this is a fantastic picture, capturing the wonderful moment when Eddie couldn't be bothered to wait for the pre-turn 1 pictures to be finished, and started moving anyway"

Wrong - I'd already finished movement and was starting the shooting from the three supa-kannons on the hill.

As an old friend once said - stop yer bitchin' and roll the dice.

+Quote Post
Zot Mek Blastabo...
post May 1 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #15

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 2,694

I miss a Grand WAARGH event....and me old mate Dave to boot....heres to next year..... biggrin2.gif

any way...

wheres Me styrene spanner trophy from last year?... crybaby.gif

Zot Mek Blastaboltz

--------------------
Damm, can't an Ork have a biscuit...!

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post May 1 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #16

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon