> Orks vs Blood Angels, Upcoming battle
colinabrett
post Mar 24 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Oily Squig

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 2,045

Hi,

I've been out of the game for a couple of years and am facing my first game against Blood Angels in a few days time. It's a 1000 point friendly. Here's what I've got so far:

HQ

Warboss w. Eavy Armour, Bosspole, twin-linked shoota, Power Klaw (100)
With some remodelling, I could change the TLS to a normal Slugga and save a few points.

Elites

Warboss Retinue 4 Nobs + Painboy with Orderly (205)
Eavy Armour, Stikkbombs, 1 Power Klaw, 1 Waaagh Banner

Team the Warboss with the Retinue and have them in a Trukk (50)

Troops

Sluggaboyz (29 + Nob) (240)
Slugga, Choppa, 3 x Big Shootas
Nob with Eavy Armour, Boss Pole, Power Klaw

Shootaboyz (29 + Nob) (230)
Shootas, 3 x Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Eavy Armour, Boss Pole

That makes 825, leaving 175 to play with. For infantry I can muster units of 10 Tankbustas, 10 Lootas, 10 Burnaz, 30 Grots or 10 Stormboyz. For support, I can play 3 Kans, 3 Buggies, 3 Trakks or a Battlewagon with Zzap Gun.

I don't know what to expect from a BA army, so has anyone got any experience or suggestions on how to fill up that 175 points?

Thanks,
Colin

--------------------
"The smartest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
-- Verbal Kynt, The Usual Suspects
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
big mek tank kru...
post Mar 24 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Battlwagon Driver
Group Icon

Group: Blood Axez
Member No.: 10,090

I'd swap the rokkits in the shoota boys out for big shootas, just to add a little extra kick as you pound infantry down. shootas will generally have something better to shoot than vehicles.

to be honest, i'd swap the BS in the sluggas out for rokkits. chances are they'll be running until they're in charge range, and there's always that chance that 3 rokkits will destroy a transport, leaving the contents available to charge (only time you can charge something you didn't shoot). it also means that once you've chewed through your first unit, you can use it to tank-hunt anything which got past while you were fighting.

blood angels love thie fast rhinos, so the best thing you can do is take them away. lootas, big guns or rokkit-buggies will do this fine. focus on one flank of his army, then withdraw from it, so you fight the side that's still got fast vehicles first, then the other. that piles your full force into half of his, which should leave you enough to deal with the other half afterwards.
his death company have to move and charge the nearest thing to them, so if you know which transport they're in, you can focus on that with something fast like deffkoptas or warbuggies, then have the company chase them round the back of the board for a while. works a treat for breaking an enemy force up.

actually, i will reccommend deffkoptas with rokkits. scout move 24", first turn pop over a transport and crack open the rear. make sure you're not in charge range winkingOrk.gif also works great for dealing with dreads, as they're the only things you don't hit rear armour in CC against, and players generally rely surprisingly heavily on dreadnaughts (kinda in the 'flagship' class with landraiders).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shabbadoo
post Mar 25 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Wartrukk Gunner
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 4,901

Put the rokkit launchas in the Slugga boyz, as they compliment the power klaw (i.e. they Assault what they shoot), and put the big shootas in the Shoota Boyz mob, as then the whole unit is anti-infantry. Otherwise, if you target something armore with those 3 rokkit launchas, you are sacrificing the rest of the unit's fearsome firepower for what, one statistical rokkit hit? That is just a bad idea 99% of the time.

I would take Tankbustas and Gretchin screens versus Blood Angels. Trust me. The Blood Angels will get in your face fast, and when they do, feed them some Grots instead of something juicier. Once the Grots are mush, then you hammer them with rokkits. Use tankbusta bombz as a last resort, as I usually find that the explosion they usually cause kills more of them than the enemy does. Dumb Ork luck often works both ways. laughingOrk.gif

Oh, and rokkits ignore Feel No Pain too, so they can be useful against infantry too, if you can screen enemy vehicles using your own vehicles. Looted wagons with boom guns also work great. Most things, including Blood Angels, fear the Strength 8 Pie Plate of DOOOM!. winkingOrk.gif

And don't forget Deffdreads and Killa Kans. They do well enough in close combat, seeing as any penetrating hit on them still only has a 1-in-3 chance of destroying them. A Deffdread in particular will be very useful against the Furioso Dreadnought with Blood Talons, which they usually have, as a Deffdread can only be penetrated by a Blood talon on a armor penetration roll of a 6 so that it is then Rending.

That's just a few things I have had fun with versus the Sons of Sanguinius.

--------------------

+Quote Post
colinabrett
post Mar 27 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Oily Squig

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. After a bit of mixing and matching, this is what I've got:

A) HQ

1) Warboss - Badrokk Gitsnika (100)

Warboss (Twin-linked Shoota, Choppa, Stikkbombs, Eavy Armour, Bosspole)

B) ELITES

1) Warboss Retinue Nobz (4 Nobz + Painboy 205)

Da Boss's Best Mates and Drinking Buddies!
4 Nobz with Slugga, Choppa, Stikkbombz, Eavy Armour
1 x Power Klaw, 1 x Waaagh Banner
Upgrade 1 Nob to Painboy + Orderly

DEPLOYMENT: Join Warboss to Retinue and mount in Trukk (with Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, Armour Plates 50)

C) TROOPS

1) Sluggaboyz 1 (29 Orks + Nob 255)

30 Boyz with Slugga, Choppa
3 x Rokkit Launchas
1 x Nob with Slugga, Choppa, Power Klaw, Eavy Armour, Boss Pole

2) Shootaboyz 1 (29 Orks + Nob 215)

30 Boyz with Shoota
3 x Big Shootas
Nob with Shoota, Eavy Armour, Boss Pole

3) Grot Mob (14 Grotz + 2 Runtherds 62)

14 x Grotz with Grot Blasta
2 x Runtherds with Squig Hound, Grabba Stikk, Slugga

FAST ATTACK

1) Warbuggy Squadron (3 Buggies 105)

3 x Warbuggies with Twin-linked Rokkit Launchas

RUNNING TOTAL: 992. REMAINING: 8

Not a lot I can do with 8 points, except perhaps add Ammo Runts to the Warboss and Nobz units.

I hope to post a battle report later this week.

Thanks,
Colin

--------------------
"The smartest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

+Quote Post
Warboss Gorhack
post Mar 27 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #5

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 5,050

I'm kinda cringing at the lack of Klaws here. Expensive, true, but they're instakills (Except Mephiston and a few other ICs) and ignore both armor and feel no pain. Plus they're good at cracking vehicles if you get close up. The way you're conficured you'll be hard pressed to generate enough unsaved wounds to overcome his toughness and armor, even assuming you get off the charge.

I'm not sure how many vehicles he'll bring in a 1000 point game. What do you think he'll be fielding? That's kind of crucial if you're going to try for a rock-paper-scissors on him.

A Baal Predator with flamer options would really hurt your army up close. Your foot troopers will get crisped, and no amount of cover will protect you. Not trying to scare you, just advising you to kill anything with a flamer first.

Since you're footslogging, if he takes a jump army he's going to be able to choose his target and concentrate multiple units against it - you're going to have to be careful tokeep your units within range to support one another. You'll also have trouble catching him if he's in Rhinos... unless he wants to get caught, or you shoot him out of his armored boxes.

My two teef,

Warboss Gorhack

+Quote Post
colinabrett
post Mar 27 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #6

Oily Squig

Again, thanks for the input.

There are currently three PKs in there (warboss, retinue nob and slugga nob have them). To get another, I'd have to drop the grots and buggies and play a 10-strong Ard Boyz mob and give the Nob a Klaw, which would just about squeeze in the 1000 points. Viable or not?

Regarding his vehicles, I simply have no idea what he might field. This is the first game I've had in ages and the first at that club so I don't know what the regulars might have.

I figure I have to go for something. What if I dropped a couple of grots and added grot prods to the Runtherds? These are 4+ poisoned weapons, so would this make a cheaper alternative to the Klaws?

TIA
Colin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sorric
post Apr 10 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Mushling

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 11,696

I have had issues with Deepstriking and outflanking storm ravens loaded up with death company and fursio dreads.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:19 AM