Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bughunting
teister
post Mar 24 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Rutted Gob Busta

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 9,448

Having a battle coming thursday against tyranids, perhaps anybody's got some tips for my 1500 armylist?

HQ Warboss, PK, eavy A, poll, attack squig
Elite 12 lootas
Elite 7 tankbustas
Elite Snikrot + 7 commandos + burnas
Troop 5 nobz (Eavy A, big choppa, shoota/ skorcha combi) in Battlewagon (rolla / red/ big shoota / riggerz / plates)
Troop 11 sluggas + pk nob (eavy A, boss poll) in Trukk
Troop 11 sluggas + pk nob (eavy A, boss poll) in red Trukk
Troop 20 grotz + grot pod runtherd
Troop 17 grotz + grot pod runtherd
FA deffkopta rokkit + bomb
HS 2 x big gunz kannons

Its a friendly game but we like it competitive smilingOrk.gif
He's trying out 2 forgeworld units:

His army:
Malanthrope
Meteoric spore sacks
and then he has and might or might not use (from an apoc army list)
hyve tyrant / tyranid brood guard / tyranid prime / Lictor / Zoanthrope / Malantai doom / (ymgrl) Genestealers + broodlord / 2x termagant brood of 17 / hormagaunt brood of 18 / 11x ripper swarm / 6x Shrike blood / 34 spore mines / carnifex / old one eye / trygon prime .

I really have troubles bringing down his trygon prime, and his zoanthrope is all too good vs battlewagons I have learned... and all these spore mines (and meteoric spore sacks now also) are a bummer.

Tactics
- I plan to have a firebase of lootas and kannons, protected by grotz, with tankbusta's in reserves.
- trukks and battlewagon nobz plunge forward; battlewagon out of LOS from zoanthrope. Trukks straight towards his big units or MEQ, I hope for a big explosion and then be charged in the rubble (so my boys attack first from cover). Nobz for drive by flaming and perhaps objective grabbing.
- Snikkrot with warboss en commandos for little surprise attack, near objective or at HQ.
- koptas either turbo charge at turn 1 and dropping bomb and distract, or from reserves flank march.

It depends if I can give some shooting damage before I can give some assault damage. With 12 (d3) S7, and 11 S8 attacks it should be enough dakka; for big units I have 2 burna's, 5 skorcha's, (and kannons can be loaded with frag) . And the nobz, warboss and snikrot should hold some ground in HTHC. With mobile units (trukks, wagon, koptas, commandos) I hope to outmanoeuvre. His spore sacks and mines will won't go unnoticed; so I'd really need to place the lootas and trukks safe.

So what do you think? biggrin2.gif

(Sorry if I misplaced this post: I only found 2 how to build Tyranid posts and didn't want to necromance an old vs tyranids topic)

--------------------
WAAAGH is da WAY FORWARD!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
greggles
post Mar 26 2012, 07:15 AM
Post #2

Lobotomy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,813

When fighting nids, its better to shoot them, then assault them. Shoota's become your best unit, as their torrents of fire can quickly take down genestealers which would have routed the boyz. Don't shoot the doom, unless it's with str 8 weapons. Best to assault it the second it lands. (It'll still get off its 3d6 ld twice though).

Having fought nids about 30-40 times now.... (Almost every weekend for the past year and a half) (these are all my opinons!)

The best things vs nids are.
1) Deff rolla's
2) Shoota's
3) Loota's (str 7 vs T6 is great in volume fire)
4) Skorcha's are AWESOME. Most of the nid codex is 4+ armor saves or worse.
5) As many rokkit's you can fit in a list.

The worst things vs nids are...
1) Sluggas (unless its a large group vs the hive tyrant)
2) Burna's (Because if they are close enough to flame something, they're going to die the next turn).
3) Kommando's. (Because the backfield of nids is usually tervigons, which you'll have a seriously hard time harming). (They are also bubble wrapped).
4) KFF Big Mek's. Since the faq, the hiveguard now ignore cover saves, so the KFF is significantly less effective.
5) Nobz/meganobz. Good in small units...death star units less effective. Most things go before them, and ignore their special things. (rending beats FNP and armor saves, ID bone swords suck).

Things to do.
1) Shoot the crap outta tervigons. They are the primary target. Do not concentrate on anything else until they are down. They can, and will, produce enough gaunts to wipe you out. I had a game once where he produced 10+ gaunts from each tervigon for 3 turns. It was demoralizing. A single group of loota's can wipe a tervigon out in 1 turn.
2) Stay away from board edges (at least 14 inches).
3) Shoot a lot before charging.
4) Deff rolla everything. (more battlewagons better).
5) Split units up. Instead of 15 loota's, try 3 groups of 5. That way the gene stealers or trygon can't wipe out all of them in 1 turn.

Things not to do.
1) Assaulting the hive tyrant group with expensive nobs, manz, etc. You'll be init 1, and ws 1, and they'll instant death the whole unit. Use boyz instead.
2) Burna's (Because if they are close enough to flame something, they're going to die the next turn). Str4 vs T6 isn't all that great.
3) Charging in as quickly as possible. The big bugs will be bubble wrapped by a compentent player. You will have to remove the bubble wrap before charging in. Otherwise you'll charge a bunch of useless gaunts, then get charged on, and be unable to put wounds on the nasty things (str 3 sucks vs t6) and get wiped. This is the same reason why kommando's are ineffective. No matter what you put in that group, the bubble wrap will usually prevent you from getting the charge off on the thing you want to kill. (without shooting it up first).
4) Throwing walkers at trygons...remember they go first, reroll misses, and have 2d6 armor pen. Learned that lesson the hard way! Though I have killed one with 3 killa kan's before!

A good nid player will teach you how to be a better ork player. Bubble wrap, using the correct units vs the correct counter unit, building redundancy into a list, etc.

This is how my friend bill usually has his backfield. Bubble wrap behind and in front of the tervigons. Keep in mind, these are just my experiences fighting them. It's not the only way! (Bill is also very competitive...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ikken
post Mar 26 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,908

hmmm
I play nids as well as orks , what you have to relize is bugs are fast real fast . their goal is to be on you by T2, T3 at the latest . so you need to be mobile .
you need to be able to shoot the #@$@ out of them , for at least 2 rounds . 2 of your key units lootas and kannons are stationary and if they move can't shoot . which makes them vulnerable , plus the units you have picked to cover their flanks are going to be a hindrance to you . they can't fight in cc and have no effective shooting . what will likely happen , is when he hits them he will wipe them out and consolidate closer to you than if they were not there to begin with . and because you will likely try to save them by putting them in some cover he will get to consolidate into cover , giving him a 4+ save from any shooting you plan to do against him . your grots instead of slowing him down will speed him up and give him cover , or in the worst case senario they will by some miracle of bad luck ,stick in combat when he assults which will prevent you from shooting him in your turn because they are tied up in cc , he then wipes them out in your assault and consolidates closer to you for the killing blow in the next turn .
here are the changes i would make , but they are just suggestions , i don't know what he is bringing or what models you have .

HQ Warboss, PK, eavy A, poll, attack squig
- probably ok if you can get him into CC, i assume he goes with the nobz, put cybork on him if you can as well , it is worth the points . with a pk he will be swinging last and nids have bone swords/ sabers which can ID him .

Elite 12 lootas
- probably will never fire a shot , T1 they either will be walking on the board , or subject to night fighting and unable to see anything . T2 if they are lucky will be able to fire but 50/50 chance they will have been eaten by geanstealers and even if they do get to shoot it is only 12 to 36 shots . if you get 36 shots you should get 12 hits and 10 wounds and probably kill something , if you get 12 shots you will get 4 hits maybe 4 wounds and just annoy something . T3 they will most likely be dead .

Elite 7 tankbustas
- these guys may be ok , put them in a truck so they are mobile

Elite Snikrot + 7 commandos + burnas
- these guys are dead from the get go , if you are luckey you may bag something but by the time they come on he will be far enough off the board edge that the flamers will be likely useless , but not so far away that he can't charge you .

( nids will be comming to you , getting at them won't be your problem , thinning them out b4 they get to you will be the problem )

Troop 5 nobz (Eavy A, big choppa, shoota/ skorcha combi) in Battlewagon (rolla / red/ big shoota / riggerz / plates)
- probably a good unit ,but should have a PK in it and make sure you do wound alocation , would also like to see a pain boy in this unit as well especially if your war boss is in with them , a pain boy will pay for himself .

Troop 11 sluggas + pk nob (eavy A, boss poll) in Trukk
- this unit is too small , give them shootas , and a big shoota and combine with another unit .
Troop 11 sluggas + pk nob (eavy A, boss poll) in red Trukk
- same as above , give the truck to the tank hunters and combine the orcs with the above unit .

Troop 20 grotz + grot pod runtherd-
if these are a flank speed bump , a small unit of shoota boys would be more effective and cost the same

Troop 17 grotz + grot pod runtherd
same as above

- probably ok
-probably ok
the koptas give you a similar capability as the commandos ( the ability to out flank and come on from the table edge , they make your commando squad even more redundant as these will likely be more effective for less points .

HS 2 x big gunz kannons
- I personally like kanons but against nids they have the same problem as the lootas they are dead by T3 and won't be able to do anything on T1 , and if you have to move them they loose a turn of shooting .

suggestions :
loose the commandos , the lootas and the Kannons , combine the 2 boys squads into 1 squad of 20 shoota boys with a BP,PK,HA Nob, and 2 bigshootas . Swap the 2 grot squads for 2 basic 10 man shoota boy squads ,add a nob,BP and a big shoota boy if you can find the points, but basic 10 boy squads of shoots will work ok for what they are intended for .

Take the points form the kannons and some of the points from the commando squad to buy a battle wagon with the kannon upgrade and a couple big shoota upgrades , maybe a defrolla if you can find the points . put your 20 man shoota boys squad ( the combined 2 squads of sluggas from your list ) in this and you have a real threat that you can move around and shoot from , as well as protect your shoota boys . if you can manage to find the points for a defrolla you will then have 2 rollas on the field and you are in for real fun

with the points from your lootas buy 2 looted wagons with skortcha and 2 big shoota upgrades . They should cost 60 points each , maybe a few extras if you can find the points but best to keep them cheep . put the smaller boys squads that replace your grot squads in the looted wagons, and place on either side of your battle wagons . but at least 14 inches from either table edge , these will protect the flanks of your battle wagons.

if his GS come in on either side you can role up flame and shoot him . which should wipe him out and even if he does survive he needs 4+ to hit a moving vehicle , and 6's to pen . if he wrecks it you jump out and shoot / assault what is left next turn . this is a more effective throw away unit than a speed bump grot unit , plus if he does assault the vehicle you can still shoot him in your turn , he won't be locked in CC with a vehicle . even if he destroys it he is still out in the open with a shoota squad to deal with that can shoot him as well as anything else that can see him .

this is just what i would do , and is based on my play style as well , so it may not work for you but by mekking up , it should have the added benefit of neutralizing hid DOM until he can break open your rusty red boxes of boys smilingOrk.gif A DOM is something no self respecting nid player would leave home with out if he knew he was facing orks .

+Quote Post
boss loosalot
post Mar 27 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #4

Swab Squig

Member No.: 3,995

I agree with the above posts, lots of shooting. I particularly like tankustas against nids as they have no vehicles so you can shoot anything with those lovely rockits! dakka.gif I also reccomend the boomgun and killkannon along with the shokk attak gun; lovely pie plates to wipe out hordes and the big gribblies!

--------------------
bloody wraithlords!!!!

+Quote Post
Warboss Gorhack
post Mar 27 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #5

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 5,050

Agree with most of the above. I differ on a few areas though.

Trukkboyz are excellent against Tyranids, as long as you pack in Shootaboyz and are willing to do drive-bys. Make sure you roll 7" (with red paint) every turn and it becomes difficult for the bigger bugs to hit it in close combat (since they need sixes). The smaller bugs put out enough attacks for close combat, but he needs S4 to have a chance to glance you. If his genesneekerz are wasting a turn clawing at a trukk moving 7" they may indeed kill it - but he won't be able to charge the contents and I'll likely be able to move/shoot in my turn.

Of course, any shooty bug with a S4+ weapon will hit and kill your trukk, so don't count on 'em surviving the entire game. Use multiple trukk mobs to concentrate your firepower in one small area of the board. If you chew up your opponent badly enough you can even consider dismounting/shooting/charging.

You should almost never start offboard with Lootas, except in the Dawn scenario where you have no choice. If you don't get at least two turns of shooting from Lootas you either left them out in the open, positioned them where they can't see a target, or you have nothing juicier for him to shoot. I think Lootas are more resilient than ikken does. They melee as well as any common Ork. If they are all alone and get charged they will indeed get diced, but if you're smart you'll have a speed bump (grots) or something that can actually fight close at hand to hurl themselves between the Ymgarls (or whatever) and your Lootas.

I definitely love the Boomwagon against Bugeyes. Cheap in points, roll 6"/7" and shoot that big S8 AP3 ordnance pieplate? With enough standoff range to avoid assaults? Yes indeedy. I usually take three. They murder anything they hit, and with three of 'em to shoot one will probably avoid 'Don't Press Dat' and land bang on target. Even if it scatters the chances of that big blast landing on target i pretty good; against a horde of bugs you almost can't miss.

I vastly prefer Boomwagons to Battlewagons against 'Nids, though Battlewagons can be effective. They'recertainly more resistant to Bug shooting than a Looted Wagon. In my experience B-wagons get to squish some bugs with their Deffrollas once - then they die. The Deffrollas do serious damage, especially to big bugs, tis true. However, in the next Bug turn assaults from anything bigger than a termagant turn you to scrap. S10 rear armor is icky for something that expensive, especially if you take the options I prefer.

If you do take Battlewagons, definitely take the Deffrollas and make your glory run. Remember, if you run three Battlewagons together they're much harder to kill than just one, so 'more iz better'. I'd get red paint (so you can reach the bugs faster) armor and riggers (to keep you moving through that first turn of shooting). Roll at least 7" once you're amid the bugs to make assaults harder. A Killcannon would not go amiss if you can afford the points, as another big blast never hurts. I would strongly consider loading Burnas into an open-topped Battlewagon and drive it at the nearest horde of bugs - multi-bug mobs take a pasting from fifteen Burna templates scoring three to five hits apiece. All of which is far more expensive than a stinkin' Boomwagon... hence my preference.

By the way, wreckin' balls are a somewhat viable (though very expensive) option for Ork vehicles. The ability to hit on 4+ with a S9 attack can ruin a big bug's afternoon. Though the big bugs are usually fairly well protected by armor it's quite amusing when a Trukk actually finishes off a Tervigon 2" away and it can't swing back. Not worth the points, probably, but quite a larf (hur hurr!)

I love Tankbustas for Big Bug Bustin' as their Glory Hogs rule is N/A (not applicable) against 'Nids. Since they can get a Nob/Bosspole they won't require a Warboss or Mek babysitter. As they can move 6" and shoot 24", and can even run/waaagh/charge normally against Bugs, Tankbustas become a serious pain in their chitinous backside.

Interestingly, I would not lost the Kommandos. In fact, I'd add to them. Mad Dok Grotsnik's ability to Cybork any unit can come in handy against Bugs. It's quite painful for the Bug player when that mob of vanilla boyz that charged his Tyrant happen to be 'borked, and considerably more survivable than he expected. I'd put Mad Dok in with a good sized unit of Kommandos with Burnas to make it hard for the Bug to 'bait him; if you happen to have Snikrot you can pinpoint their arrival where they'll do the most damage, and Mad Dok makes up for the Klaw you lose by taking Snikky. Kommandos with Cybork and Feel No Pain still aren't ideal against a Tervigon, say, but they're resistant to shooting, able to abuse anything lingering near the edge. They can even put a hurt on genestealers if they flame-broil before skewering.

Now, I see a lot of shooty big bugs locally, so I'm a little biased. If your bug player likes to ush forward and assault with everything Ikken's advice is more appropriate; season to taste as always.

So much for my blabber. Hope it helps!

Warboss Gorhack

+Quote Post
Drobbit
post Mar 27 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #6

Growler (pet squig)

Member No.: 12,867

I just had a match a few days ago against bugs. It was a good match and I draw that conclusions:

- Shooting isn't the solution. Most of the bugs (the important ones that you want to see dead) are resistent enough to ignore the common shooting of your boyz.

- Grotzookas does nice againts most of bugs. I killed two hive guards and a hole unit of GS with them.

- Charge with the deff rolla across the fence of bugs till you reach the tervigon and then charge with the boyz. The claws will end it.

--------------------
May the waaagh be with you...

+Quote Post
greggles
post Mar 28 2012, 08:05 AM
Post #7

Lobotomy

and it becomes difficult for the bigger bugs to hit it in close combat (since they need sixes).

Has this been faq'd? We follow the rule that since the vehicle is still moving at combat speed, then it's 4's. It is only a 5 point upgrade...Can't have your cake and eat it too! I would think the later (you get to move further, and they hit on 6's) would be more appropriate if it was a much higher point cost upgrade.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warboss Gorhack
post Mar 28 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #8

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 5,050

Yes, it's been FAQd for close to two years now. Red Paint allows you to move an extra inch without any of the downsides. Thus you can move 7" and have the passengers shoot, and force your opponent to roll sixes to hit your transport in close combat. Or you can roll 13" and have your fast Trukk armament still shoot, while passengers can still disembark (and shoot or waaagh, then charge).

"Without any of the downsides" is a paraphrase of how it's worded, of course. If I had my FAQ to hand I'd give you a literal quote.

I can tell you this is the way it's been played in the tournaments I've attended as well, including 'Ardboyz... not that this means all that much. Like any other tournament 'Ardboyz (RIP) was suject to the whimsy of the local host/organizer.

This is hardly a game breaker, by the way. It really only makes Orky vehicles a touch more mobile and a bit more efficient shooting on the move. By your interpretation five points for red paint would be semi-worthless, as you couldn't move 7" and shoot or 13" and dismount due to the vehicle speed bands.

It really doesn't surprise me that you interpret the rules this way, though. The rulebook makes it ambiguous. Even remembering that Codex trumps rules you could get all tripped up. Besides, other vehicle users get all agitated when they realize our cruddy lil Trukks are a tad more efficient delivering troops than their better armored, closed topped jalopies. That, and many of our rivals can't do drive-by shootings at all. They're just not gangsta like us.

My two teef,

Warboss Gorhack

+Quote Post
greggles
post Mar 28 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Lobotomy

If you had any idea where that faq was, I'd love to see it! The one on GW doesn't have it listed anywhere....
BUT, then did put the zapp guns don't autohit in there, which is pretty awesome to see they actually listed to the emails!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ikken
post Mar 29 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #10

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,908

one other thing to remember when fighting bugs is watch their synapse bubble . make sure you know which of his models are synapse , if you don't know your opponent should tell you . If you can target his synapse creatures and take them out , you will mess up his ability to control his army .
some models like gene stealers don't need synapse , and others like mawloc have a high enough leadership that if they are out of synapse it likely won't matter , ( make him role the test any way ) , but alot of his core like gaunts , hive guard , and other rely on synapse to be effective or even controllable .

if you kill the BRAIN BUG you will be able to take him out piece meal . It is not a guaranteed win strategy , but it can help you prioritize your targets . It depends heavily on the kind of army he is running . lets say you use the commandos , and when they come on they have a couple targets one is a hive guard unit which needs synaps to be reliable but has been hitting your units hard ( so a high threat ) , another is a tervagon ( a synapse creature ) but one which has rolled doubles and won't be able to poop out any more gaunts ( so a low threat unit at the back of the board ) . if you can kill the tervagon you will seriously impede the ability of the hive guard to do anything , he has to roll 7 or under or they revert to instinctive behavior lurk .

just a weakness in the bug armies to be aware of .

+Quote Post
teister
post Mar 30 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #11

Rutted Gob Busta

Member No.: 9,448

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses! I learned some good new tactics, like the 7" move 6's to hit and still be able to shoot, and also Mad Doc Grotsnik with some cybork lads I might take up for a challgenge to make.

So yesterday it went down. It was bloody. He had: 3 units of tooled up Hormagaunt units,9 Ripperswarms, 2 Melotic spores, Malanthrope, Doom of Malantai, Zoanthrope, Shrike blood of 6, 8 genestealers.

I changed the tankbusta's for a Imperial Armour Big Trakk, with 2 big shootas, skorcha, kanon, ard case,red and ram, for a neat 90 points. It was new, hadn't seen any combat yet.

it was Annihilation, Pitched battle, I won the roll off and chose to go first. I set the lootas in a bunker, kanons on a open area, one trukk near the bunker, the other trukk with the battlewagon more in cover, and some grots to top it off.

He deployed.... only his Zoanthrope. In a bunker. The rest on reserves.
Turn 1 he busted a single defkopta. Turn 2 all my reserves arrive. Bugger. Then I make my first mistake: I place 3 victory points in his backyard: Warboss, snikrot and commandos on the Zoanthrope. I crash the bunker, almost kill the Zoanthrope.

He brings out the Melotic spores and brought up a question (one that can earn me a crate of my favorite beer!) - they arrive by deepstrike and one hit a unit. They explode when they hit a unit. Does the deepstrike rule prevails or the explosion rule? - It killed 4 grots, a trukk that went Kareeng and 2 more dead slugga's. Shrikes deepstrike in front of my lootas. Rippers appear (tunnel deepstrike) behind my battlewagon with nobs and skorchas. Hormagaunts and genestealers which he places far away from the Zoanthrope and my commandos, only to find out he could charge coming from reserves (he was still in deepstrike modus I think?smilingOrk.gif and placing another Hormagaunt unit for the charge.

It then went rather quickly. I wasted a point charging the Shrikes (did you know they are a killer CC unit? I didn't.) with grots. They also demolish a brought in big trakka, just after it made one of them do a burny dance. The lootas open fire, poorly, but manage to bring the Shrikes further down to one. The battlewagon does a hur hur hur drive by flaming, torching the whole lot of Ripper swarms smilingOrk.gif Commandos perish in the combat, and the warboss dies when the Doom of Malantai suddenly appears.

I still felt it was going alright, I could have done worse. But I had forgotten his Malanthrope and Trygon Prime. I've read all the posts I could find on how to kill that Trygon Prime before. With my squat army I couldnt do it, and not in 6 battles with my orks. Here it was again. Bursting up aside my loota filled bunker. Thinking like a Blood Axe, the Lootas shot at a rapidly escaping Shrike. A whirl of bullets cleans the air. His Trygon shoots at my grots. For a moment they loose their nerve, but loosening the squighound on three of them leaves the grots in their place.

My Battlwagon tankshocks across difficult terrain and tears 3 wounds from the Malanthrope. Da Nobs get out and do a suicide charge. (WS 3 is the only downside on this Forgeworld beast) I add in a lone deffkopta, on which he directs 4 of his 6 attacks to make sure he gets another victory point. My nobs survive his 2 attacks and swirl 25 big choppa attacks utterly cutting him down. The proper welcome for it's first time on the battlefield. On the other side the Lootas, warmed up by now, let loose a hail of lead at the Trygon. The kanons on the other side add in two rokkits, and low and behold, nomore Trygon! I do a little dance. It may end all in ruins, but finally I brought down the biggest baddest bug I know!

We're in turn 6 by now, all I have left is a trukk in which the nobz jumped, surrounded by a squad of genestealers, hormagaunts and an approaching doom of Malantai. On the other side my lootas hold watch over a scared unit of grots, and a bunch of lazy slugga's who camped on the remains of their busted trukk. I roll a 3 to see if we get another turn and then its done.

-----------------------------Aftermatch----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orky deathcount: warboss, snikrott, comandos, slugga's, deffkopta, deffkopta, big trakk, grot squad
Tyranid deathcount: hormagaunts, hormagaunts, shrikes, rippers, malanthrope, trygone prime, meteoric spores, Zoanthrope.

Its a draw!
My unit of the match: Nobz with battlewagon. For the flamming drive by on the rippers, and deathrolling and chopping the Malanthrope. They were aided in this by the sacrifice of a defkopta and the commandos (to take out the Zoanthrope, his only real shooting unit that easily shoots up my battlewagon)
Lootas did also fine: shrikes and Trygone prime, (with some grot support but they won't admit it), but hey they didn't got out of their bunker so the honour goes to the nobs smilingOrk.gif

My firebase with grot support worked, small attack by deffkoptas and commandos not quite. Waiting in cover for the charge also worked very good against tyranids with my boys.
As Ikken pointed out: Tyranids are Really fast, by Gork! Leaping everything. I thought I could outmanoeuvre them, but it was more being able to respond then to take the initiative.

It was a thrilling game of fun, just what Warhammer has to offer smilingOrk.gif

--------------------
WAAAGH is da WAY FORWARD!

+Quote Post
ZAP!!!
post Apr 10 2012, 04:28 AM
Post #12

Puffball Fungus

Member No.: 13,037

TACTICS AGAINST TYRANIDS

1. Take out their snypase creatures first (Warriors, Hive Tyrant, Trygon Prime ETC) This destabilises the entire army

2. Focus on the monstrous creatures, if he has any homagaunts, then they will run to cover, This will let you focus on his big critters

3. Clean up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:01 PM