IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> funny occurrence vs tyranids, lil battlereport thing - swarmlord aint that bad!
big mek tank kru...
post Mar 20 2012, 05:39 AM
Post #1

Battlwagon Driver
Group Icon

Group: Blood Axez
Member No.: 10,090

so last wee k ihad a battle vs nids, using trukkboys and battlewagons, and it was pretty funny.

the trukkboys drove up, charged, took out a unit each and were smushed with shooting & cc in his turn. the battlewagonload of nobs ran around deffrolla-ing things.
then the battlewagon was taken out by the swarmlord in CC, the explosion taking a wound off 1 of his guard, and the nobs were unloaded next to them. naturally, this isn't an ideal situation for me, so i hopped in a nearby trukk and legged it to fight something squishier.
that trukk gets popped in CC by the swarmlord again (sadly had to drive past him, so was just in range), but luckily it's next to my other trukk left from the boyz, which i'd been using to ram the tyrannofex closer to my 30 shoota boys on an objective laughingOrk.gif so I hopped in that too and set of for the (debatably) squishier genestealers.
again, popped in CC, took out a few stealers in the blast, and my nobs were deposited between stealers and the swarmlord.
i charged the stealers, who botched their rolls a bit, and i got lucky with only 2 rending hits, which i saved, and a few normal wounds, and lost 1 nob. i gave a better account for myself, leaving only 2 'stealers and the broodlord alive (after fearless saves).
swarmlord charges in. i bid my nobs a farewell.
i lose 1 wound to a tyrant guard, and 1 to the 'stealers. my day gets brighter.
i wipe out the swarmlord with massed attacks and powerklaws. the 'stealers run off and are (miraculously) caught and destroyed.

so having spent 3 transports running from the swarmlord, he turned out to be pretty bad. game ended in a tie, due to objectives.my opponent was adamant that he would have won, having a full-strength tyrannoex on the board. i pointed out 30 shoota boys with a PK nob, and he changed his mind winkingOrk.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Killbless
post Mar 20 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #2

Runtherd
Group Icon

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,172

Haha... Your nobz aren't being cowards, they were just running in the other direction.

Sounds absolutly hilarious, I've played games where a swarmlord has killed my nobz like they were nothing sp you must have had some good rolls to keep them alive after that.

Things like this is what makes the game fun . You play 20 games and in one of them, something like this happens and it's a fond moment you hang onto. <3 Times like this.

--------------------
"Natural progression I guess; Wartrakktor, Wartrukk, Battlewagon..." - Thoume on the evolution of Ork vehicles

'It is considered a great breach of protocol to open fire upon a challenger in a race such as this, though truth be told Orks have never cared that much about protocol' - Ork Codex

"In the end the towing stompa literally bristles with weaponry from across the galaxy. Sometimes the gunz are even pointing in the right direction!" - Imperial Armour 8 on Deff Arsenals

+Quote Post
big mek tank kru...
post Mar 20 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Battlwagon Driver
Group Icon

heh yeah, i just love playing nids, cos it's always funny how most of the models he loses are due to my vehicles exploding when he assaults them laughingOrk.gif and even when he shoots them they kareen into his units anyway!

--------------------

+Quote Post
greggles
post Mar 21 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Lobotomy

Member No.: 11,813

That's some great luck. I never get near those tyrants anymore. The combination of paradoxysm, lashwhips, and bone swords makes it nearly impossible to wound them in CC. Hitting on 5's sucks...especially when 400 points of nobz die before you even get to swing!

Just shoot them with rokkit's. The tyrant guard don't get an armor save, so he can only apply the first wound to the tyrants 2+ armor save (if he took the 40 point upgrade).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warboss Gorhack
post Mar 22 2012, 02:30 AM
Post #5

'Ead Graft
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 5,050

Actually, it sounds like you did a great job doing the 'Benny Hill' with that Swarmlord. He wasted the game killing three cheap transports whilst chasing a Nob unit when he could have been knee-deep in Boy gore every turn. On top of that you managed to do a smackdown on his Genesneekerz... and the Swamy... so the Nobz killed two of his killiest units in return for three transports. All in all I'd say you did far better than he did, with his fixation on your Nobs.

Yep, a Swarmlord is a tough close combat customer. You need to kill him by alternate means if possible; say by shooting, though I'd frankly focus on shooting the squishier 'Stealers first. If shooting fails try to keep him running after you, just as you did, or tarpit him with something cheap, for example. Only when you can focus overwhelming firepower/close combat attacks on him should you bother trying to finish him off.

You dun gud.

My two teef,

Warboss Gorhack

+Quote Post
Mudd da Grot
post Mar 24 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #6

Squighound

Member No.: 12,930

As an avid Nid player prior to turnin green I can appreciate the intimidation of the Swarmlord...but that account just made my weekend...

I have a mental image of the Swarmlord finally getting into combat but huffin and puffin, leg cramp/pulled muscle, leaning on one of the Tyrant Guard tryin to catch his breath... biggrin2.gif

Mudd

--------------------
Mudd da Grot...turning FTW into WTF since 1991...

+Quote Post
big mek tank kru...
post Mar 24 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Battlwagon Driver
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mudd da Grot @ Mar 24 2012, 04:26 PM) *
As an avid Nid player prior to turnin green I can appreciate the intimidation of the Swarmlord...but that account just made my weekend...

I have a mental image of the Swarmlord finally getting into combat but huffin and puffin, leg cramp/pulled muscle, leaning on one of the Tyrant Guard tryin to catch his breath... biggrin2.gif

Mudd

that, my friend, is a brilliant image!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:01 PM