> Kill Krusha Finished, 2nd big tank for my March threat finished
Nosher
post Mar 17 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Stikky Fingas
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 139

Well, slopped on a lot of mud on/around the tracks, then gave it a thorough drybrushing of khakito get the dusty/dirty effect - and I'm ready to call this one done. Hope you guys like it!

Attached Image

For those of you who wondered about this kit and how well it fit together - this pic of the left side shows a problem area. The roof of the gun compartment can close tighter (see the right side) - but it doesn't want to, so I've only got it fitted loosely. I can certainly force the roof/side together, but I don't think it's worth damaging the paint to do so, not if I'm going to leave it unglued.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

My threat for the month still isn't complete - next on the list are a trio of rokkit buggies I built from trukk kits last Summer. More on those in the Meks Garage!

--------------------
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DocNuK
post Mar 17 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #2

'Ard Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 3,744

it is very interesting to see this wonderful model in blue.

is it the light or is the model so bright?
maybe the tracks could use one more wash of black or mud?

the problem of the non fitting roof is imho this little part:
Attached Image

whilst painting my own kill krusha i was so stupid to break this little part.
in the first pics i took from the kit it has the same a little slope angle as in your build.
even at the forgeworld website it is a little slope (and the roof doesn't fit smilingOrk.gif )
i pinned and glued it back more rectangular and the roof fits without any pressure.
Attached Image

maybe the original mold is a little warped here.....

and a maybe stupid nitpicking:
i interpreted this 5 round pins as flashs and cut them
Attached Image

--------------------
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

+Quote Post
Nosher
post Mar 17 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #3

Stikky Fingas
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 139

Hey DocNuk - thank you so much for the detailed response!

The blue is Vallejo Prussian blue, & it always seems to look brighter in photos. The whole tank has had 2 washes of Badab Black. I think the brightness may come from the dusting of Kommando Khaki.

Looking at yours, I may need to go back & have another look at my own. I was happy with it, damn you! That said, I'll have another look at fitting the roof to the tank, & maybe a bit more detailing.

--------------------
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

+Quote Post
Gitkilla
post Mar 18 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #4

Hair Squig

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,471

Hey Nosher! I like your Kill Krusher, but I would add some more colors.
- painting some of the barrels red
- painting the teeth on the reinforced ram in a bone color
- drybrush the exhaust with black and wash it with griffon sepia (it get's a mega cool oily look)

--------------------
"Today itz Waaagh day! But thatz every day!" - Rutzgob
Epic song 'ere: DA ORK SONG

+Quote Post
Kleiner Zorn
post Mar 18 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #5

Loota Boy

Member No.: 10,406

i would keep the round things on the bumper CoolOrkDark.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gaf-Naz
post Mar 30 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #6

Mayor of Orktown
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 1,210

I really like the paintjobs of both your kill tanks Nosher. thumbs.gif

The blue looks nice and smooth and the khaki drybrush really picks out the details nicely and looks nice and dusty.

My only suggestion would be to add some decals to finish it off. Some white skulls or checks maybe.

I want to get my hands on one of these kits now. cheers.gif

--------------------
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

+Quote Post
killercroc
post Apr 6 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

Member No.: 10,550

I love the Tank, acutally mad you have the ones I want but cannot afford >_< I bought 2 Khornate Dreads and those set me back a lot so no more ForgeWorld until a better paycheck biggrin2.gif Guess I'm stuck with the generic GW plastic kits

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:38 PM