23 Slugga/Choppa Boyz
- Boyz Nob
- PK, BP

23 Slugga/Choppa Boyz
- Boyz Nob
- PK, BP

Killa Kan
- Grotzooka

I play 2 games last night. 1 was a 2v2. The other was a 3-way FFA. Both were objective games, but I didn't care. I wanted to see what the boyz could do.

On the first game, I teamed up with Chaos beakies, he went head to head with Space Pups, while I went head to head with Ultra Beakies........

I took 1 unit of boyz and Big Mek and cleaned house with the Ultra Beakies player... I will never EVER leave the house without a PK... It's just too good. It destroyed his drop-pod and his dreadnought with the klaw alone...

The grotzooka was not as good because he deployed well (even though he didn't know I was playing the Killa Kan), however it did wipe out a unit of scouts with the grotzooka! Then it killed his HQ with its CCW CoolOrkDark.gif So it got it's points worth.

The kicker was that 1 unit of boyz held the objective, so I took out 500 pts of Beakies with around 300 points... Not bad.

The second game was a 3-way FFA between fish'ead, Chaos beakies, and Orks (obviously!). I did not deploy well. I took out lots of small things, but mostly stayed quiet while the Chaos player and fish'ead player fought it out. Although I tried to engage the Chaos in CC, I failed my run (rolled a 1...) and I couldn't assault. The Chaos charged me and wiped the floor with me. Killed 15 orks with his Beakies... I failed my LD, and the Ini test... and got wiped out.

Still came out as a tie between CSM and Orks. The fish'ead player.... just failed.

I'm having TONS of fun with this list and the players don't know how to handle 24 wounds with a 5+ cover save. Not to mention WS 4, T 4... So good.

--------------------
- TGO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
greggles
post Mar 12 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #2

Lobotomy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,813

If you dropped the killa kan and KFF Big Mek...
1) Take a Warboss with a Power Klaw.
2) Take a unit of grots which can act as bubble wrap for the boyz, giving them a 4+ cover save (instead of 5+), and giving them the charge everytime.

Spend the extra 5 points on avy armor for the boss, or an extra grot.

KFF's are best used when you have a heapload of vehicles. That's because they confer obscurement to vehicles, which gives the vehicle a 4+ cover save. Vs troops, it's only ever a 5+, so it's always better to use grots instead.

This is the fundamental principal behind a kan wall. The kans walk in front, giving the boyz behind them a 4+ cover save. The KFF covers the kan's, giving them a 4+. Everyone gets a 4+ and is happy.

The reason I mention this, is because having a str 10, armor ignoring, 5 attacks on the charge, at WS 5 at this point level is REALLY nice.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
thegreatoxe
post Mar 12 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,953

Thanks for the advice greggles! I will include that in my 4th list that I want to play with. Right now my opponents are so overwhelmed with 40+ wounds on the board... when they only have like 23... LOL "Datz why we Orkses is da best!"

I have 40 grots on their way (hopefully).

Would you take a unit of 30 grots in front of the 2 units of ork boyz?

--------------------
- TGO

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:54 PM