IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grot Rebel Motif, They don't have one!
Fenrir
post Feb 16 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,941

I'm working on a grot rebel force using Dread Mob rules.

Now I've gotten my first mega-dread on the way (pics to come soon in da garage) and I've hit a rather unique problem...

Grots don't have a motif! Every other klan has their own icon, and if it were orks I'd use a generic grinning ork motif, but these are grot rebels! They're not gonna go around with ork motifs on their vehicles. Dey be free of all dat now!

It being a heavily mechanised grot force, I jumped on paint and hammered out this as a vague outline:

(should have cropped...)

...but I'm not convinced. It's a little TOO similar to this well known symbol:

...and grots may be an unimaginative bunch, but I'd rather avoid confusion.
So, I'm looking for feedback and suggestions. Nothing I can't do with relative ease in plasticard, mind you!

Thank ye all cheers.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dedruf
post Feb 17 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #2

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Member No.: 8,170

In GorkaMorka, the rebel grits motif was a red star on a White background, try that, or something as simplistic.

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Feb 18 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

Group: Grot Rebelz
Member No.: 1,598

QUOTE (Fenrir @ Feb 16 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Grots don't have a motif! Every other klan has their own icon, and if it were orks I'd use a generic grinning ork motif, but these are grot rebels! They're not gonna go around with ork motifs on their vehicles. Dey be free of all dat now!

As Dedruf said, the Rebel Grot motif is usually a Red Star. It's so widespread that the Red Star can be acquired for your Forum membership's group image (when your post count is significant enough), as you can see from looking under my avatar.

Also, I'd argue that Orks are an unimaginative bunch, but I wouldn't be so keen to make the same about Grots, seeing as many grots are merchants by trade. Getting teeth off Orks for the kind of fair they'd have on offer suggests a rather significant abundance of imagination.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fenrir
post Feb 25 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

Member No.: 12,941

Hehe, you may have a point there. Thanks to you both, I'll probably go for some sort of stylised star to keep in with tradition cheers.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:26 AM