Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looted Dreadnaught

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:The Flesh Ripperz
Hi :thumbs I decided to make a Deff Dread out of the beakie dreadnaught from AoBR I had lying around. I started by cutting the front plate off. I then tried to get a boyz head to stick in, but it's just too small. :scowl Should I use a bigger head (I will have to buy another as I only have 1) and if so what one? :? Thanks :cheers
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Have you tried putting the head in some sort of frame to make it seem bigger? Otherwise go for a Nobz head - one with a cybork eye if possible
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Hi :thumbs Thanks for the suggestion, but I managed to get the boy head to fit. I have edited the dreadnaught by adding on spikes, glyphs and engine parts. I am going to order some weapons (probably a shoota, burna,buzzsaw and something else) but they might be a while. Pics may be coming soon. ;)
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

spazmonkey

spazmonkey

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
Pics or it didnt happen....

Ruthgut

Ruthgut

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
I was thinking of doing something like this with my own AOBR Dreadnought. We originally built and painted the Beakies for practice, but now they just gather dust in the corner, since everyone else plays a different army.

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Ok, here are the pics :thumbs

http://www.the-waaag...p...st&id=51799

Comments and critisism are welcome
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

Trogdar

Trogdar

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Badmoons
Good start. Here are a few suggestions. 1) I don't see where you added any engine gubbins-just stick bombs. Find yourself some exhausts from the bikes/truck or whatever kit, or use some tube to fancy up the exhausts. 2) Get rid of the beakie symbols. 3) Add some spiky bits around the feet. If your up for a bigger challenge, try to incorporate some of the hoses/wires on the torso into the head of the ork.

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
4) resize your pictures! them things are huge! generally i go for making the largest edge 900 pixels long - makes them big enough to see details but small enough to not eat into the bandwidth.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

RichardBranson

RichardBranson

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
  • Army Name:Yngwie's Bling Orkestra
"try to incorporate some of the hoses/wires on the torso into the head of the ork. " and you might also have a few tubes/hoses dangling between the legs... More 'looks like its falling apart but hanging together' effect - I like the way you've done the head for this reason.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
I opened your pictures in MS-Paint. Shrunk them to 25% of their original size, cropped out the surrounding background, and pasted the two together. All of which took me less than two minuets. Please delete those huge band-hungry pictures and replace them with this one. Your two pictures are munching up almost six and a half MEG of bandwidth the Waaagh kindly allows us to use free of charge. But as you can see with a little editing they use up less than 100K and are far easier to view. There are very few forums out there that allow it's members to upload files directly because bandwidth isn't free. So the least we can do is acknowledge this generosity by using it sparingly ;) The dred itself looks rather promising.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dred.JPG

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Hi :thumbs Sorry about the massive pics :blush I will make sure the ones in the futre aren't so huge. I've edited the dreadnaught a bit. I took off the iron gob (accidently ruining the head, so I had to replace it) and streched it with pliers and put on the bottom of the cockpit. I will continue to work on it, escecially the legs, and will put up more pics when it's done. I might be a while though, as I'm currently saving up for the codex, and will get the arms after. Thanks for the comments. :biggrin
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

Guest_popisdead_*

Guest_popisdead_*
  • Guests

Good start.

Yes I agree, looking good so far!

My suggestions is for the head, the banner top of the Black Orc kit might work well for a face instead? One of the tops is an Iron Orc face (this one, not the Beastmen head).

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
I think he wanted to do this without buying anything new, popisdead. I think it looks good, and has some serious potential. ANd don't worry about Krooza and tank kusha choppin' ya for big pics, they did the same to me first time I posted pics. Intresting to see it was them who did it then, and it's them who do it now.
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts

I think he wanted to do this without buying anything new

Actually I am going to get new engine gubbinz and guns from Bits and Kits

If there is any bits sites that are better, they would be much appreciated :thumbs
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
This is what Id do with it... mega big PK and equally impressive dakka arm of some kind.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dred.JPG

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.