IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New fantasy orc monster!!, jumping on the chance to build a giant rock....thing
Big Mek Irongob
post Feb 3 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Attack Squig

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 9,578

Heres the pics/ rules for that new orc/goblins monster, in case some of you havnt seen it yet

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ORC_ROGUE_IDOL.html

Besides the pink foam, is their any kind of "rock models" that can be used as the body? i think their mat be some GW scenery sets with extra rocks in it, or hobby plastic rocks hoping to get some input
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sproston Green
post Feb 3 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #2

VeryMetal Plunderer
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 39

I was quite impressed with this fellow when I saw it for the first time. He has a nice lumbering and violent air to him. yes.gif If you wanted more rock options, you may want to expriement with different putties and such. I know there a variety mentioned throughout the-waaagh. yes.gif

--------------------
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

+Quote Post
Kleiner Zorn
post Feb 4 2012, 01:57 AM
Post #3

Loota Boy

Member No.: 10,406

this thing is a joke !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Drakon7
post Feb 4 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #4

'Ard Boy

Member No.: 12,478

Why is it a joke? I think it looks pretty badass! XD

As for rocks, I think your stuck using foam for the big stuff, but you could always use greenstuff for the little jobs winkingOrk.gif or whichever putty your comfortable with! CoolOrkDark.gif

--------------------
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

+Quote Post
eddie the troll
post Feb 4 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #5

Da Mole

Member No.: 613

Rules are AFU'ed

" At the start of any turn that a Rogue Idol is not able to charge or is not already in combat, its player must roll a D6. On a roll of a 1 it must charge a friendly unit if one is available to charge (and a single round of combat is fought as normal) or if no friendly units are available the Rogue Idol bellows and stomps, but otherwise may do nothing this turn. "

So on turn one, if there is no enemy within charge range you have 400pts doing nothing, not even moving.

If your opponent knows this he places a squad of cheap archers just outside charge range and shoots its pebbles off.

Only way out is to move one of your units infront as a 'stepping stone' and hope you roll a one.

Like the model tho'.

--------------------
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

+Quote Post
Kleiner Zorn
post Feb 4 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Loota Boy

Member No.: 10,406

QUOTE (Drakon7 @ Feb 4 2012, 10:45 AM) *
Why is it a joke? I think it looks pretty badass! XD

As for rocks, I think your stuck using foam for the big stuff, but you could always use greenstuff for the little jobs winkingOrk.gif or whichever putty your comfortable with! CoolOrkDark.gif

its a bunch of stones and putty for 65 quid
thats the joke......

i dont get why anybody seems to be ok with them selling stuff like this for that amount of money !
if anybody wants to spend this money they can gove it to me or another guy on this forum and will get a better beuildt that this crappy thing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kr00zA
post Feb 4 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Grumpy ole Git
Group Icon

Group: Goffz
Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Big Mek Irongob @ Feb 4 2012, 01:33 AM) *
Besides the pink foam, is their any kind of "rock models" that can be used as the body? i think their mat be some GW scenery sets with extra rocks in it, or hobby plastic rocks hoping to get some input

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=32740

--------------------
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

+Quote Post
mr_maxime
post Feb 4 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #8

'Ard Boy
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 1,457

QUOTE (Kleiner Zorn @ Feb 4 2012, 11:27 AM) *
its a bunch of stones and putty for 65 quid
thats the joke......

i dont get why anybody seems to be ok with them selling stuff like this for that amount of money !
if anybody wants to spend this money they can gove it to me or another guy on this forum and will get a better beuildt that this crappy thing

I completely agree. For the amount of detail it is quite overpriced by FW standard.

That being said though, I would love to see someone convert one as a deff dread for snakebites.

--------------------
here's why my orks are blue. they have an intense hatred of historical recording of any kind which results in none of them knowing why they're blue. because of this, anytime anyone questions the origin of their skintone they waste no time adding the inquirer's head to their bosspole. no one will ever know why these orks are blue, as merely asking about it is a death wish. in the end there will be only 3 types of people left, the blue orks, those who don't want to know the history of the blue skin, and the dead.

+Quote Post
eddie the troll
post Feb 4 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #9

Da Mole

Member No.: 613

QUOTE (mr_maxime @ Feb 4 2012, 07:44 PM) *
That being said though, I would love to see someone convert one as a deff dread for snakebites.

And in one simple comment the whole snakebites are underpowered problem is solved thumbs.gif

--------------------
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

+Quote Post
Kr00zA
post Feb 4 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #10

Grumpy ole Git
Group Icon

Group: Goffz
Member No.: 345

Baring in mind I reckon I could build something equally good from Milliput in around 8 - 10 hours I would say 65 for a cast is very steep.
Thats not to say I don't like the model as it looks great.

--------------------
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

+Quote Post
mr_maxime
post Feb 4 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #11

'Ard Boy
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 1,457

QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Feb 4 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Baring in mind I reckon I could build something equally good from Milliput in around 8 - 10 hours I would say 65 for a cast is very steep.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would expect to pay around that for something that is not cast. Id also expect it to come with a few more options, it looks like its missing something.

--------------------
here's why my orks are blue. they have an intense hatred of historical recording of any kind which results in none of them knowing why they're blue. because of this, anytime anyone questions the origin of their skintone they waste no time adding the inquirer's head to their bosspole. no one will ever know why these orks are blue, as merely asking about it is a death wish. in the end there will be only 3 types of people left, the blue orks, those who don't want to know the history of the blue skin, and the dead.

+Quote Post
The Nurge
post Apr 27 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #12

Puffball Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 11,288

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Feb 4 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Rules are AFU'ed

" At the start of any turn that a Rogue Idol is not able to charge or is not already in combat, its player must roll a D6. On a roll of a ‘1’ it must charge a friendly unit if one is available to charge (and a single round of combat is fought as normal) or if no friendly units are available the Rogue Idol bellows and stomps, but otherwise may do nothing this turn. "

So on turn one, if there is no enemy within charge range you have 400pts doing nothing, not even moving.

If your opponent knows this he places a squad of cheap archers just outside charge range and shoots its pebbles off.

Only way out is to move one of your units infront as a 'stepping stone' and hope you roll a one.

Like the model tho'.

Pretty sure you're not understanding this right...

If no enemies are in range, roll a dice. On a 1: you must charge a friendly unit, or do nothing if you cannot charge one. On a 2-6: you may move as normal. Everything after "on the roll of a 1" in the rule you state only applies when you actually roll a 1 (that's why there's no period in the middle of that really long sentence...)

It's not too bad.

+Quote Post
KILLBOT
post Jul 9 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #13

Paint Squig

Member No.: 10,917

I think model railroad guys also use chunks of redwood bark. You may find it at a gardening shop. The bark has a very nice rock look to it...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:42 PM