Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BAD MOON BOY updated jan 21/better pics
Nitro
post Jan 11 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Puffball Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,781

This is a finished bad moon boy for my army. His eyes are white with a black pupil it just did not show up in the pic(camera phone). And he has 3 gold teeth which came up a little odd looking in pic. I still need to base and am looking for some suggestions.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JakubMB
post Jan 11 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #2

squig attack arm
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 10,697

It might be the photo, but isn't he a bit too dark for a Bad Moon? I mean Yella is our colour so It should be more visible (maybe less if you're making commandos). I don't mean they should be painted yellow all over the bodies. No, taht only looks good on MegaNobs and some Vehicles. But give him a shoulderpad and paint it yella. He's a Bad Moon after all! And Bad Moonz a zoggin' show-offs!

--------------------
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

+Quote Post
iEatGrots
post Jan 12 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #3

Snotroom

Member No.: 12,758

Do you highlight the black parts? It's really neglected but it pops. Might be on the lighting but, that metal is too clean! Even for a bad moon! Devlan it up. cheers.gif

--------------------
Da Squigz uv Gork (1000 points) 15/4/7
Oi! Did yer see that? Them uvver greenskins is askin' fer trouble! Pullin' faces, shoutin' rude insults, hurlin' dung! They deserve a good bashin'!

My Warboss single-handedly krumped a Carnifex!
"Ooo, that 'fing looks big and killy. Let's see how 'ard it really iz!"

+Quote Post
Korps
post Jan 14 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #4

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

Member No.: 12,882

I like the skin scheme and the yellow colour you use as well.
Try putting some blood on the choppa to make it look like it is in the heat of battle

+Quote Post
Nazbag
post Jan 16 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 10,487

With all due respect to Korps I think blood usually looks naff, very few people can pull it off well and even when they do it makes me cringe. I have to agree it is too dark for a Bad Moon. Bad Moons are all about ostentation and showing off, the yellow should be bright and fairly clean (bad moons own lots of grots to clean up after them) with lots of it, this should be set of with black flam and dag designs, bad moons can also use checks if they so wish. For bad moons try a white primer, or if you still want some shading in darker areas go for a grey primer.

--------------------
For Fantastic Resin Tracks, Turrets, Bases and Terrain go to War Games Tournaments

+Quote Post
Trogdar
post Jan 19 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #6

Grot Oiler

Member No.: 10,145

1. When you post a pic, it helps if the background is solid and doesn't make parts of the model disappear.
2. It looks like you washed the yellow with out re-highlighting it. Nazbag is right about the colour, but a little dirt don't hurt. Just go back over it with a brighter yellow or add some white to the last yellow you used. The yellow in my opinion does not have to be too bright though. When I started I despised 40k, but I loved the ork models. So I went bad moons to be obnoxious. The now discontinued bad moon yellow is way too bright in my opinion. I personally use a far more muted palette and no one has told me it wasn't yellow enough.
3. Nazbag is 100% correct about blood. It looks terrible in most cases. If anything you can leave a little blood staining near bolts, rivets, and other hard to clean places. But this would be old dried blood and really look more like rust and dirt than fresh blood from battle.
4. In my experience the primer doesn't really matter. I don't like white, because then i have to paint every single part of the model. Taupset Ocre, Iandyn Darksun, and certain browns make great foundations for yellow. The trick is really to paint many layers.
5. Devlan=dirt badab=metal. If you want your weapons to stay clean looking use badab black, then re highlight with chainmail or whatever metal you have.
6. Highlight the black parts with a mix of codex grey and black. straight codex grey after that if you want,but be careful. You want it black not grey.
7. There are plenty of discussions on skin-so I will skip that.

None of this is meant as criticism for what you have done. Just my advice if you want to go for the extra steps.

+Quote Post
Nitro
post Jan 21 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #7

Puffball Fungus

The pic looks really bad strong criticism.... Its from a camera phone. The black needs to be highlighted i know but i just started painting orks and never had to highlight black and am working on that. And where are you seeing blood? There is no red on my model and or blood. Also the yellow is dirty but came in much darker on my camera phone. Personally i dont like the bright yellow to me it seems funny.

+Quote Post
Nitro
post Jan 21 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #8

Puffball Fungus

Heres another boy and i know i need to highlight the black still.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Kleiner Zorn
post Jan 21 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #9

Loota Boy

Member No.: 10,406

QUOTE (Nitro @ Jan 21 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Heres another boy and i know i need to highlight the black still.

you know that those painted things are eyelids right ?
hehehe now he looks like a frog CoolOrkDark.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nitro
post Jan 21 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #10

Puffball Fungus

yeah i know i tried to do them white with a black pupil but im prolly going to just stick to red eyes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:45 PM