Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grot Rebels

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
i had these second edition plastic grots laying around so i decited to build me some grots..... and i think i did well making them look at least a bit different :biggrin Grots.jpg Grots2.jpg

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Not bad at all! I also made a few 2nd Ed Grots into better versions, but I took a long time doing them and then regretted it for so few points worth! LOL They do look good tho! ;) HG

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
These look really cool, they are different enough to be interesting, but simple enough that they keep their 2nd edition charm, and presumably were not too much effort to put together. I especially like the one with the shoota barrel addition. The runtherd is good too, and the paint job is very nice and crisp.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,628 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

i think i did well making them look at least a bit different :biggrin

You're doing well to make them look at all different!
Love the way you haven't bothered drilling the barrels - wot for, they aren't going to kill anything anyway :lol
Nice job :thumbs

edit: looking at the photo again it looks like one or two of the barrels have been drilled, so if they all have just put that comment down to failing eyesight.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
hahaha yeah seems i forgot to drill one barrel :D @ redtoof i like that one with the shoota barrel alot too....but that tool a bit more work than i imagined....so i skipped that on the rest :D putting them togeter didnt take that much time as i only addet some bits and can produce as many skulls to add as i want :D same goes for the bases ( wich spares alot of time too :D ) oh and Thanks :D

laserplane

laserplane

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Wrekkaz
very nice, it's great how an excellent, clean paintjob can make even old samey models looks great
in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only your empty wallet

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
i did 8 more Grots3.jpg Grots4.jpg C&C always Welcome :biggrin

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
so i decited to use this toppic to post the progress on my Grot Rebels and Grotz in general :D so i edited it heres the first Member of my Grot Rebel Army Mad Grot Doksn........uhm wait....... :rolleyes:sowhat well a Mad Grot Dok :D who surprisingly turned out to look like Mad Grot Doksniks avatar :biggrin Grotdok_1.jpg i will post some more pictures of him as sioon as i finished the grotesks im Building

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,776 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
:lol

That is one awesome Lab Coat! Incidentally, I forgot to link you to the Grotesks I'm working on. Might help give you some inspiration! Mind you, there's lots of free reign with these guys. Probably one of the better modelling projects in the Codex!

Incidentally you can download the Rebel Grot Codex from here [/horrendous plug]

Sorry about the plug, Zorn, but I'm going to do it in every thread that I know people are using the Codex! ;)

Back to C&C: You're off to a good start anyway. I think you could perhaps have done a slightly better job with the weapons on the Grot Dok, but ultimately the emphasis of the unit is definitely the Grotesks. Looking forward to seeing your take on them!

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
Grotesks.jpg ok so heres the 3 Grotesks i build so far i must admit i just splapped together some bits i found in my Bitzbox but i really love how they turned out

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury
Gah! I love it! the gaunt with a grot's head. It's so funny I almost lolled at work when I saw that (kinda risky in a library...). I think the stitches on the other two make the models so cool. Thumb up Zorn. You did a great job :)
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
and heres some of the Squigs im planig to use the finished ones ! SquigsIII.jpg and the ones i have yet to finish SquigsII.jpg i have a bunch more but they are not even primed yet...so i guess posting a picture of them would be a waste of time :biggrin i will post another picture when i painted them i guess

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
Grot_Hero.jpg a gorkamorka Grot hero i did.......

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,776 posts
Awesome stuff! Said GoMo Grot Hero is the Head Honcho model from GoMo, so you could use it as a Head Honcho, or a Grut, or even a Warboss if you wanted to. The Squigs look great - where'd you get the big one from? The Grotesks are very good. How many are you planning on building, just the 3?

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
it was done by This Guy
hes registered here too....but i forgot the name :D

i bought a bunch of his Sqieks....... and it includet this Big thing....though i addet the horns with greenstuff :D

i havent thought about how much Grotesks i will build....... but i think i will play as much as i can because i find them pretty fun to look at and its a fun project anyway :D

as i collected squigs and grots for a while now its a great opportunity to finish them :D

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
My Squigs so far Squigs3.jpg & Snotlings Snotlings.jpg

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,776 posts
:lol those Snotlings are fantastic! Thanks to you and Toxic Bunny I no longer think the current range of snotlings wouldn't fit very well for Rebel Snotlings. Good stuff! Keep it coming!

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
i finished the Grot Snipaz Snipaz1.jpg i must say i like the oes buildt from the old metal gretchin much more than the ones fbuildt from the newer kits.... Snipaz2.jpg as you can see i have 11 so far....but im planning to build another 9 btw i cant seem to find toxicbunnys Snotlings anywhere........ could any of you repost them here for some inspiration :D ? Dok_Grotesks.jpg oh and heres a pic of the Grot Dok with the 3 Grotesks

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,776 posts

btw i cant seem to find toxicbunnys Snotlings anywhere........
could any of you repost them here for some inspiration :D ?

Your search fu is weak, young padwan.

;)

Looking good, keep it up!

Don't be surprised if I loot some of these for the Rebel Codex's Hobby Section.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts

Your search fu is weak, young padwan.

;)

Looking good, keep it up!

Don't be surprised if I loot some of these for the Rebel Codex's Hobby Section.

i hope so ^^