Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conversion idea for AOBR boss, help?
Da_'Uge_Goff
post Oct 23 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,741

Well, I recently decided to get Ghazghkull Thraka smilingOrk.gif , so my AoBR boss was no longer needed. He was unpainted anywayz. Does anyone know a good way to turn that boss into a Mega Nob? He's got all the correct gear as well (Power Klaw and Twin Linked Shootah). I was thinking maybe GS armour plates on his legs, body etc, and spiking it up more.

However, due to my limited GSing skills, I don't know if it'll work and don't know where to start. crybaby.gif Help from all da Big Meks please?

Da 'Uge Goff
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nazbag
post Oct 23 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 10,487

TBH you are better off keeping him as a standard warboss makes a good alternative to ghazy, also why not take both? that way you can have two nobs squads as troops. I always like to give my war boss a sqiug not only does it keep him company and so stop my boss stating fights in the figure case but the +1A is useful as well. Small old school squigs can be bought for a fortune on ebay, or you can go for a larger warhammer squig or have a bash at making your own.

As for the rest of the boss a simple cut and pin job to reposition the arms a bit, filling in the gaps with green stuff should be all you need to make him stand out from a vanilla AOBR war boss.

--------------------
For Fantastic Resin Tracks, Turrets, Bases and Terrain go to War Games Tournaments

+Quote Post
jackdoud
post Oct 23 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #3

Kaptin Kork

Member No.: 5,743

Not really the right place for this and they don't really like "show me" threads here. Here's one I made: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=48111 and the Blooprints are the first place you should always look for ideas: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=25118

--------------------

+Quote Post
Da_'Uge_Goff
post Oct 24 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Thanks. It's just I'm new here so please excuse me for not knowing where everything is. Thanks for the linkies, their really useful

@Nazbag - Nah, it's just I like fielding a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field better. Gives a better cover save than my Orkses armour save crazyork.gif but I'm pretty sure I've got a squig stuffed in my bitzies somewhere... I don't have enough points for an apocalypse game yet though, only enuf for 1850, so I can't take 3 HQs

+Quote Post
Nazbag
post Oct 24 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

Member No.: 10,487

By all means get a Mekk with KFF they are fantastic, and convert one if you want to but I would not get rid of your warboss, yes you can only have 2 HQ units, and I have Ghazy, a couple of Big Meks (ok amout 5) and various War Bosses as well as weird boys, and in normal games (I only play Apoc 2-3 times a year) I can only use 2 of these.

I very rarely use Ghazy, he is simply too expensive for smaller games. At 1000 pts he is ridiculous, he takes up nearly a 1/4 of your points and is a ludicrously large personalty to lead such a small force. Even at 1500 pts he is a bit on the pricey and over powered side. A warboss is over 100 pts cheaper (thats a whole mob of boys) and much more appropriate than Ghaz. for a small game (1500 or less). My favourite combo is a Warboss and Big Mek (with KFF) together they come to less than Ghazghkull and are much more useful.

My point was that you should keep him because in most games you will not want to use Ghazghkull but rather the normal Warboss. By all means build a KFF mek but a Nob may be a better starting point, also you probably don't ant your mekk to have a PK as this is a good way of getting him killed.

--------------------
For Fantastic Resin Tracks, Turrets, Bases and Terrain go to War Games Tournaments

+Quote Post
Taytonclait
post Oct 24 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #6

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,298

as for attack squigs, I like kitting out little gretchins with huge guns and axes and knives and stikkbombs in stuff, and labeling him 'attack squig' or having a little leash go from the warboss to the grot. The added idea of a drunk grot swinging a big choppa into some git's head as a warboss' extra attack is also comical and lovely.

--------------------
Smash 'em, Bash em, Skin em alive!!

+Quote Post
Da_'Uge_Goff
post Oct 25 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #7

Thanks guys. I'll probably keep the boss, otherwise I have to buy a few more Meganobz just to make it into an effective unit. But I normally play games at 1850 points, just right for Ghazzy I reckon, you can field four mobs of Orkses in da Battlewagons yes.gif
That's a 27 inch assault range... CoolOrkDark.gif
You need the prophet of the Waagh to make something as terrifying as that happen

+Quote Post
Deimos
post Dec 17 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Yoof

Member No.: 329

I started this chap a little while ago and overall very pleased the way the he turned out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iEatGrots
post Dec 18 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #9

Snotroom

Member No.: 12,758

Reposition his weapons, slap some plasticard (I used toilet signs as cheap plasticard for my megaboss) on him, and you're good to go! You have to add some bitz to get the Ghaz look going though. Like the two horns from the Killa Kan set for Ghaz's horns. But I think he looks good enough though, he has a bionic head and looks like the adamantium skull.

--------------------
Da Squigz uv Gork (1000 points) 15/4/7
Oi! Did yer see that? Them uvver greenskins is askin' fer trouble! Pullin' faces, shoutin' rude insults, hurlin' dung! They deserve a good bashin'!

My Warboss single-handedly krumped a Carnifex!
"Ooo, that 'fing looks big and killy. Let's see how 'ard it really iz!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:04 AM