Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can an Orc army win without Goblins?
Oogie boogie bos...
post Sep 26 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Puffball Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 12,692

Well, can they? Or at least, can an all Orc army win consistently against any opponent without the support of massed Goblins and their more exotic units (e.g Fanatics, Mangler Squigs, and, of course, the Arachnarok)?
And if so, what's the best list/tactic?

Discuss. eyerollork2.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kaptun Krum
post Sep 27 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

I would say that they could, but just to make sure that we are all on the same page, the only units you can take with no gobbos in them are orc units, orc boar boyz, black orcs, chariots, trolls, and a giant. Of course different types of orcs and trolls are assumed in this listing.

The best list I would say would probably have to be savages and a troll list. That way you are immune to psychology so you won't be fleeing around and you can just charge right in and smash stuff up. By not having the mass numbers of gobbos or the supporting units, you really need to get stuck in to make sure that their warmachines can't do anything at that point.

That's about all I got.

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

+Quote Post
Oogie boogie bos...
post Sep 27 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #3

Puffball Fungus

Funnily enough, i've just started an all Orc Savage army. The 5,000pt list i have in mind is:

40 Savage Orcs
40 Savage Orcs
40 Savage Orcs
40 Savage Orcs
50 Savage Orcs Big 'Uns
15 Savage orc Boar Boys
15 Savage Orc Boar Boys
8 River Trolls
8 River Trolls
8 River Trolls
1 Giant
1 Giant
Assorted Characters, all Savage.

Hopefully it will have enough models in it to absorb even the shootiest of DE or Dwarf armies. Hopefully..... crazyork.gif

+Quote Post
Kaptun Krum
post Sep 27 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

I was not a fan of the boar boyz. You may be, but I wasn't. The big issue is that they need to be contained near your general. But so does all your other savages and your three troll units. So what are you going to have outside his range? Whatever is, will either be stupid or making some failed charges.

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

+Quote Post
Oogie boogie bos...
post Sep 28 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #5

Puffball Fungus

True, with this army anything not inside the General's Ld bubble is going to frequenty fluff it's lines. And, tbh, most of the time (depending on terrain, scenario, etc.) they're going to be deployed on the flanks, probably with the giants. But, when they DO do what they're told, then i think they're one of the few cavalry units which has a chance of breaking a ranked up unit without support.
Really, it's going to be a case of 'sometimes they work amazingly well, sometimes they'll spend 2/3 of the game picking their noses'.
But that's the fun of Orcs. biggrin2.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 05:34 PM