Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cheetors Gorkamorka Stuff

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

cheetor

cheetor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I have been preparing for some Gorkamorka gaming over the last few months. In addition to getting a lot of terrain ready I have been getting a few orks painted up for my mob Da Bigdogz. These are the first orks that I have painted since 1997 or so :D

Budget is tight chez Cheetor so the majority of the figures used are the guys from Black Reach, with a few simple conversions here and there. I also used one box of Ork Boyz plus a few bits that I got on ebay.

I tried to ensure that the paint job would be easy and quick to replicate as I didnt want to get bogged down in a complicated scheme. I tried out a couple of others on test figures until I got one that worked for me. It ended up being a pretty traditional scheme. Its not showcase army standard or anything but it is pretty neat and has enough contrast to look good on the table I think.

Posted Image

A Black Reach Nob and a Yoof made from GoMo plastics with a modern head.

Posted Image

A Yoof and a boy.

Posted Image

A Boy and Frankenork

Posted Image

A Boy and a Yoof

Posted Image

Two Yoofs and a Rogue Trader era cybork.

Posted Image

The last Yoof and a Shoota boy.

cheetor

cheetor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
The cyborks below have magnets inserted at the waist. As I was running out of torso parts from the Boyz set I only have two cybork torsos and six pairs of legs (from Kromlech). That why the torsos repeat in the next three photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I painted up three resin vehicles from Ramshackle Games for the Bigdogz. Although they are painted primarily for use in GoMo I wanted them to be suitable for use in other post apocalyptic games. Therefore I avoided using specifically orky iconography. That is also why the photos include some post-apoc humans as well as orks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have more figures than I need painted up for GoMo now but I will continue until I have painted up the remaining fifteen or so that I have, largely because I have enjoyed the ork painting project a whole lot.

More details regarding my ork related stuff can be found on my blog if you are interested.

Comments and criticisms are all welcome of course. Thanks for looking :)

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Good luck to you then, I hope you will be posting in the GoMo forums soon! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,222 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
first things first: welcome to Da Waaagh!! Enjoy your stay!! nice idea with the old body+new head for yoofs. Looks a bit off but certainly gets the idea through. :thumbs And finally I see the kromlech stuff in use. I'll have to grab it sooner or later, very sweet!!

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

cheetor

cheetor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

Good luck to you then, I hope you will be posting in the GoMo forums soon! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Thanks. I have some GoMo planned for next weekend. I will be taking photos and recording some of the games so I may post on the GoMo forums after that.

first things first: welcome to Da Waaagh!! Enjoy your stay!!

Thanks!

nice idea with the old body+new head for yoofs. Looks a bit off but certainly gets the idea through.

The modern heads are just a fraction big alright, but like you said, it gets the idea across. I just imagine that adolescent orks are as gawky looking as human ones and then the big headed yoofs look fine to me ;)

And finally I see the kromlech stuff in use. I'll have to grab it sooner or later, very sweet!!

The Kromlech cybork stuff is great. I ordered the cybork arms once I saw the quality of the "legs". They are fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thoume

Thoume

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgul's Lootaz

Posted Image

A Boy and Frankenork

Is that a heroquest ogre I see there? :D

cheetor

cheetor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

Is that a heroquest ogre I see there? :D

Hell yeah!

Those bodies go surprisingly well with the current ork heads actually. I would rather that they were not barefoot, but for Frankenork (or a Snake Bite Nob) they are chunky and fun.

ramshackle_curtis

ramshackle_curtis

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 450 posts
Ahh, hero quest ogre conversion, good work. These are great models and lovely paint jobs!

cheetor

cheetor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

Ahh, hero quest ogre conversion, good work. These are great models and lovely paint jobs!

Thanks Curtis.

I have had problems painting vehicles in the past but I actually enjoyed painting the three Ramshackle vehicles shown here.

The blue one (The Skeeta I think?) is a particularly nice design. It looks rugged and reliable to me, like a Tonka toy :)

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:?
I like the Yoofs...that is just brillant. I might have to take that idea..lol good stuff there.