Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2 GW Battlewagons with a little twist (Pic heavy)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Hi,

I decided it was about time to build the four BW lying in the shelves since the heresy :biggrin The first two are OOB so I won't bother you with them.

For the third one I wanted a full wheeled vehicle. I took the biggest wheels I had in my bitz box and fitted them. I had to lift the front suspension but I find the result quite cool.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fourth one was a little more challenging. I thought that a fully tracked BW would nicely complement a wheeld one so I butchered four set of tracks into two long ones. After two evening of cutting, carving, grinding and gluing I was left with this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Waaagh! too much images in the first post :bleep

Part 2

The other little change was to replace the cab, which will go on a Stompa, with something else. It was not long before Mek Jamnutz pointed to me that the easy way was to take the lone stompa head and use it on the BW :!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those two changes implied some major work on the front par of the BW

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Part 3

New, beefier exhaust.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overall look so far

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Part 4

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see you can still use all the little turret options on the cab.

And to close this lenghty post a viw of a kitbash rokkit launcha option

Posted Image

I'm now woking on the Deff Rolla that will adorn the front.

:cheers

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Excellent work, I love the Stompa head on the BW, but is that extra turret you added also the outside toilet for the boyz? The big wheels really work on the second BW, which toy did you loot them from?
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

bootboss

bootboss

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 169 posts
  • Army Name:Choprot Bootboss and his footstompas
I love the look of the one with tracks only, it looks like its unable to take a turn.
- Bootboss

Murrdox

Murrdox

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 648 posts
Having just recently taught myself how to do rivets, I find the details in your rivet work amazing. Fantastic work all around. My only piece of criticism is that the Stompa Head BW rides a bit high off the ground, and there isn't much detail on the front of it. It needs a Deffrolla down there or something.

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
I really like the wheeled one. And you did a great job getting the tracks together. Maybe a closed top on the wheeled one would tie it all together. For some reason I am envisioning a SWAT style van. Nice work
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Coco

Coco

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
Excellent work! I like the attention to detail for adding the trck to the front! Well done! I agree with Murrdox that the front could use more detail, but I think the head/cab works well at that height, just need a little something in the fron. Dozer blade, deff rolla, megga bumpa!

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
To quote myself from my last post (just under the last picture): I'm now woking on the Deff Rolla that will adorn the front. ;)

eddie: - Good one about the toilet :lol This remind me of this comic:

For those who don't know that comic strip, the Sisters are taking about a BW
Posted Image

As for the wheels. I don't remember from what toy exactly they come from. It's been quite a few years now and th e only thing I can remember is that I bought them in a dollar/pound/yen store.

Murrdox: The tracked one seat at the same level as a regular BW. Maybe an illusion from the full lenght track? On the other hand the wheeled one IS higher :yes

Lorax: All my BW are modular so I can add the hard top if I need to. The SWAT idea is quite interesting. I may have to look into it :thumbs

Coco

Coco

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
Woops! Guess I should pay more attention! Just some many pics to look at!

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Super nice detailing work, I really like the way the all wheeled one came out in particular. I think the tracked one looks a bit front heavy, which is probably what Murrdox was seeing as well. I would be kinda neat to put a big fin/weapons platform in the back to offset it, perhaps. Make it able to be swapped out for a Lifta/Droppa!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Some WIP for the Deff Rolla. Coming along quite nicely I thing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

b0und in3rtia

b0und in3rtia

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Mekunized Blood Axe Deff Core
Your work is just amazing. i can never get my death rollas to look even close to that good. My only dislikes is.. well it isnt my tracked BW your building. GREAT work man.. :thumbs
Got Waaaaaaagh!!?!!?!?!?
"Killa Kanz down Deff Coptas up Dis is how we like ta KRUMP!! " -=Looted=-
My Photobucket of Orc stuff.

Spores of Anarchy Ash Waste Nomad Chapter

Coco

Coco

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
Whoa! That is some nice work on that Deff Rolla! That will look really nice on there!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
some excellent workmanship there, even down to the rivets. Love the stompa head BW best but both are great.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
Very cool, TheSnake. :thumbs The wheeled was plenty cool, but that trakked one is the squig's growl. :yes The stompa noggin as a cab make perfect sense and looks great. I know I like BW'd cab stompas so a headed BW makes good use of swapped parts. :lol I know I am keen to see how you attach that rolla. :yes Thanks for sharing! :)
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
HAH what i love the most is the ork with the pole ^^ hiw did you make the spikes on the rolla though... i didnt get that good looking one from a spure.....so what the heck am i doing wrong ^^ ? and did you do the rivets by adding drops of glue or why are they so small?? and round ...

Warboss Grimek

Warboss Grimek

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,284 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh Grimmo, till I come up with something original...
Could I ask for the pics to be hosted on a different image server? Whenever stuff gets hosted on Imageshack, all I see are frogs in ice cubes... :(

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts

Could I ask for the pics to be hosted on a different image server? Whenever stuff gets hosted on Imageshack, all I see are frogs in ice cubes... :(

I'm sorry you have problem with Imageshack. I've been using it for over 5 years now and find it very reliable. My first picture is still there after all those years. Try that with Photobucket :P

I can send you a few of them via email if you want? :yes

HAH what i love the most is the ork with the pole ^^

hiw did you make the spikes on the rolla though... i didnt get that good looking one from a spure.....so what the heck am i doing wrong ^^ ?

and did you do the rivets by adding drops of glue or why are they so small?? and round ...

For the spikes I'm using a mitre/miter box like this one.

Posted Image

I make the first two cut with the box and then use an X-acto to make the remaning two. Not the best way as you could buy some pyramidal beads in a craft store and be done with it but I like the Orky look of the homemade ones.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the tiny riveitz I'm sure I posted it in the past but it myst be one of thone little gems now hidden in the depth of the forum. So here we go again :biggrin

The punch is made from the head of a 0.5mm mecanical pen. I sharpened the tip using a dremel and a file. After that all you have to do is make an handle (brass tube in that case) and there you go. You can make hundreds of rivitz in no time using a little 0.25mm plasticard sheet.

Posted Image

Posted Image