Closed TopicStart new topic
> Completed Blasta Bommer!, Stormblebee Conversion
Mik McMok the Me...
post Apr 28 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #21

Flash Git

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,796

I see your weight differential problem there and i guess that moving the base back towards the tail is not an option? Guess that rules out having a pile of storm boys clambering over it for greater astetics. Still it rocks anyway!. I had a similar problem with my own Chinork conversion Kopter. It took me longer to get the basing right than it did to make the rest of the model. I ended up using three different normal flying base uprights on a blast template for a base to get the right effect of precariously hovering at a nice angle.

--------------------
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post Apr 28 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #22

Loota Boy

Member No.: 7,154

Had I thought more about the cut I made when I extended the fuselage, I'd have incorporated cutting in front of the stand receiving hole, as it is it will just stay on the stand providing I don't put any more weight on the tail.
The centre of gravity actually pivots around the tail door hinge, right at the back, so it would have been almost impossible to place the stand exactly correctly anyway.
I guess I could weight the Deff Arsenal with some lead in the gun barrels and that would help the stability, it's a possibility for the future, but not right now as I have to get on with some other hobby stuff for now! CoolOrkDark.gif

HG

+Quote Post
Erik Linbeast
post May 7 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #23

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 11,144

There's one thought i'd like to share... What about turning whole plane a little (counter-)clockwise, turning away from just-dropped bomm?

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post May 8 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #24

Loota Boy

I think I understand your point.
However, the flying stand is the standard GW one and the hole it fits is lined horizontally on the underside. Therefore to do something like that would mean cutting and redoing it, and then it wouldn't be "un-mountable" for storing and carrying, and probably even more unstable in game than it already is! cryork.gif

However, I do agree that a more dynamic pose would add to it's appeal!
Thanks for the comments.

HG

+Quote Post
alien027
post May 8 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #25

Grot Oiler

Member No.: 9,941

Question, the engine are original of the regular model or are from the valkiry Gw MODEL? AND DID YOU DID IT! THIS IS INCREDIBLE JOB! i LOVE IT thumbs.gif

+Quote Post
Mik McMok the Me...
post May 9 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #26

Flash Git

Member No.: 11,796

Its a great model but i would have done a few flames like the fighta bomba before id call it finished...just a thought. That way, it shows more affinity with your other models..and lets face it looks really cool and obviously goes faster. I mean if reg goes faster , then surely red and flames goes even faster!

--------------------
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post May 9 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #27

Loota Boy

@ alien027, original engines from the kit mate, just repositioned and adapted with the flattened wings.
And did you mean to link something in there? All I can see is that you got all excited! (Caps lock! ) LOL

@ MMMtM I know what you mean, and I may go back and put a few flames on it yet. I may also go back to the Fighta Bommer and dirty that up to match as well. I didn't have access to the washes back then so it will be easier to do that now, provided the varnish doesn't mess it all up! CoolOrkDark.gif
So with a couple of flames on the Blasta and more dirt on the FB they should tie in more as a "Skwadrun"! CoolOrkDark.gif

Thanks for the comments.

HG

+Quote Post
alien027
post May 13 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #28

Grot Oiler

I just gonna say..... I WANT ONE! This one of the best lotta idea ever! 10 of 10!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post May 14 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #29

Loota Boy

Thanks!
I'm very pleased with how it worked out myself! CoolOrkDark.gif

HG

+Quote Post
WaaaghBoss Grimg...
post May 16 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #30

Paint Squig

Member No.: 4,272

Great build dude.

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post May 17 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #31

Loota Boy

Thanks. CoolOrkDark.gif

HG

+Quote Post
Harkon Greywolf
post Aug 27 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #32

Loota Boy

OK, seeing as this is only on Page 2, I don't think I'm contravening any "dead post" resurrection rules here! (And it is my post! LOL)

I've been asked a couple of questions about the construction so I thought I'd add the replies here just in case any one else is interested.
Several people have expressed an interest in making one similar so I'm happy to help if I can! CoolOrkDark.gif

Firstly the bombs and stuff - I bought a set of "Hasegawa X48-1 Aircraft weapons: A - U.S. Bombs & Tow Target System", and a set of "Mirage Hobby - Polish WW2 & German WW1 Bombs" and mixed and matched them a bit. I got them off an eBay supplier I think, but can't remember the exact details. There are loads of bomb options ans it's ideal for Orks as they are so varied. I have enough left over to finish several more Ork aircraft too, and as I will be making a Fighta soon this all helps! CoolOrkDark.gif

Next, the guns alongside the pilots cockpit - They are a set of twin linked Lascannons, probably sponson ones off a Land Raider if I recall correctly. They are definitely a "pair" anyway as the fixing points dictated which side each would be placed onto the fuselage. I trimmed bits off to make them slightly less Imperial and also did a "patented HG chop" on the tip of the gun barrel. I cut the tapered lascannon end vertically about half way along the taper, inverted the cut off pieces and glued them under the barrel, thus making a "complete" pipe like barrel end. This has the effect of partially disguising the origin of the gun and making it definitely more of an Ork Dakka gun! With some "air vent" holes drilled into the end cowling when it's fully dry (don't try when the glue is still wet, that's a bit messy! LOL - experience and impatience vying for the win here! LOL) ends up with a Proppa Shooty gun or two!

Hope this is of some use, and I'll add to this any further specific requests for information.

HG

+Quote Post
alien027
post Dec 31 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #33

Grot Oiler

what did you use for the tail plane? I mean the tube extension?

+Quote Post
Nosher
post Dec 31 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #34

Stikky Fingas
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 139

QUOTE (alien027 @ Dec 31 2011, 09:20 PM) *
what did you use for the tail plane? I mean the tube extension?

Alien027 - this thread is 4 months old. Resurrecting long-dead threads just pushes new threads down before their time.
Send Harkon a PM if you have a question at this point. Harkon - I'm closing this thread for now, if you'd like to have it opened again so that you can post updates just contact anyone in the HQ and we'll gladly open it back up.

--------------------
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 05:49 AM