Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making a Big Lugga
rob_alderman
post May 13 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #21

Juicy Squig

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 6,476

This is simply awesome. Have you not thought of breaking it down to parts and having it cast?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chaoshead87
post May 13 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #22

Squigpipes

Member No.: 5,251

Hello everyone,

@plaguebearer - Thanks, I also am looking forward to getting this done, if only to move along to the next project.

@rob_alderman - Well, actually, I had not thought about doing either of those things...frankly the prospect of tearing apart a vehicle that I just built is a little unsettling. Thanks for the complement though, glad you like it.

Well, I think its time for an update!

First just a quick pic of the tiny drill bit that has been holding up this project. The other drill bit in the pic is the standard gw drill bit and the pin vise handle, just for reference. I had to superglue a spacer of sorts to the drill bit as it was too small to be held in place by the gw pine vise!

The start of the Splattapult. If you look hard enough it actually makes a cameo in one of the previous pics.

The mostly finished Splattapult.

The Splattapult and the twin-linked shoota, not yet attached to its base plate.

Another view.

Here are some sketches of the Cuttas that I am thinking of making after the Big Lugga is completed. I am not sure if I will make a mix of the traditional gw type and more real world sand sailing vehicles or just stick to one type. Either way I will have to try to scrounge up some of the old style gun carraige wheels that gw used to make...

I know that it is nothing too exciting after a month of waiting but I had to beat Portal 2!

More in a few days, until then c&c is always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks guys,

--------------------
Chaos

"Those are my thoughts, not yours."

+Quote Post
Flamekebab
post May 13 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #23

Tankbusta Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 10,900

I really like how things are turning out. I'm not really sure what else to say, except that I'll be posting pictures and a link to this thread on tUGS when you finish it as it's so inspiring, assuming you're okay with that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rob_alderman
post May 13 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #24

Juicy Squig

Member No.: 6,476

I know it's a weird thing to say, but your rivets are nice. Not too untidy, very nice size. What have you used? Did they take a long time to achieve and how did you apply them?

+Quote Post
chaoshead87
post May 13 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #25

Squigpipes

Hello all,

@Flamekebab - Thanks for the compliments and feel free to link to the thread. I am still thinking about the article you were interested in. I have never done anything like that before so I am just lost as to where to start, what to include and just plain and simply lost.

@rob_alderman - Boy do I wish I could take credit for the rivets. The rivets are mini rivets that I bought from Scale Hardware. They make great products, imo, they have cheap, fast shipping and I have never had a problem with them in all my years doing business with them.

I use the;
0.8mm brass rivets,
0.85mm brass simulated hex bolts,
1.2mm brass simulated hex nuts,
1.0mm nickle plated brass simulated square bolts,
1.0mm nickle plated brass simulated square nuts.

I worked a little bit more on the weapons, they are nearing completion now. Next will be the Big Lugga itself, I may have to buy some more rivets!

No progress will be made tomorrow as thats my D&D day for this month! WOOHOO!

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks guys,

--------------------
Chaos

+Quote Post
Flamekebab
post May 27 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #26

Tankbusta Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 10,900

QUOTE (chaoshead87 @ May 14 2011, 04:25 AM) *
@Flamekebab - Thanks for the compliments and feel free to link to the thread. I am still thinking about the article you were interested in. I have never done anything like that before so I am just lost as to where to start, what to include and just plain and simply lost.

Sorry for the delay in responding!
So, some structure and advice. Hmmm. Right, here we go:
  1. I would start out with a little introduction stating why Rebel Grots appeal to you and perhaps talking a little about the old vehicle models.
  2. Then I'd talk about the planning stage of construction and the requirements you have for the vehicle (how many models it needs to transport, whether it needs interchangeable weapons and gubbinz, etc..).
  3. Construction! A step by step explanation of what went into the construction of the vehicle with photos
  4. The finished product and some thoughts on it. Did it turn out the way you intended? Improvements? If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?
Does that help?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chaoshead87
post Oct 21 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #27

Squigpipes

Hello,

Well, things happen and stuff needs to go to make money, my loss is your gain.

This is up on ebay now.

Have a look, there is all my ork stuff up for sale.

Link to Big Lugga here.

Thanks for looking and all the words of encouragement.

Chaoshead87

--------------------
Chaos

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:08 AM