Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looted Dreadknight

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

MrChaos

MrChaos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Freebooters!
Come on everyone, when you first saw the Dreadknight your heads must be going wild with the crazy ideas to loot it.

This was bound to happen.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spot the bitz!

Also any ideas to further Orkify the Dreadknight or 'Deffknight' I called it, please let me know.
Linky to my miniature gallery: http://www.thepainte...allery/MrChaos/

Mr.Chaos a.k.a. Komrad's CMON entries.
http://www.coolminio...m/artist/Komrad

Dis bit goes e're, dis bit goes dere...

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Hmmm, well it's a damn good conversion, no knocking that. But I guess this is an aquired test. It's not for me, I reckon that the Dreadknight was pretty silly to begin with, and adding a massive defiler klaw (which I still don't like :bleep) and where-ever that massive arm cannon is from.

It's cool, and it reminds me of the walkers from the Matrix But it just isn't for me. :blush

love to see it painted though, just saying, you could do a smashing job :biggrin

Shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

bassman

bassman

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts
Wow, you're a genius! You turned a sucky, sucky model into something that not only make sense but it's cool! This is the touch of a genius :D What a bout a rear shot?
Orks are like beer: the bigger, the better!

Do you want to pillage Italy? Check this place before leaving: www.milantour.net

New, bigger and more professional website! check it out! www.milanoarte.net

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
Bwahahaha!!! LOL!!! Nice one. For one, it shows that the dreddknight really can be positioned dynamically, and not looking like it has a 11' pole stuck up its insides. But mainly it looks ded orky and hard. Cant wait to see it rivveted up and painted.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Spiky Norman

Spiky Norman

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
That is great! Everything just looks so much better "looted". PS: You should post a pic of the backside, so people can see the smoke-stacks or whatever it is back there.

kaomera

kaomera

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
Nicely done! I agree that the Deff-Kan-Igit, which I think we're going to see a lot of, is something of an acquired taste. My suggestions, if you're looking to "Orkify" it more, would be that: I think the legs could be beefier (shorter, too, IMO; but I think a lot of folks really like how tall this thing is...), the "stacks" at the back could be extended and Orked-up (I think, it's hard to tell exactly without a good view of the back), and the arms could use a bit more gubbinz. And rivits, of course, but that kind of goes without saying... I dig the use of the mega-nob for the driva, and the arms turned out real nice, but it seems a bit of a shame to deprive him of his shoota and choppa, just because he's wired into a hueg deth-machine... But at least you drilled out the barrel! :D
First off: Keep yer go-fasta peddle mashed! Then, if you'se gots mor ammo, keep up da dakka! If you'se ain't gots mor ammo, kick tha grotz 'till they'se bring ya sum! Jus' don't use tha' foot wot'z on da peddle!

Murrdox

Murrdox

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 648 posts
Fantastic job. Great kitbashing going on there. I especially love the work on the legs that got rid of the "Aegis" and such that is engraved in the bits. Nice work. I have to say though that I'm not wild about the POSE... it looks less like its "running" and more like it's toppling over.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
If I would be 40k guardsman and this thing would pop out I would be like
"HOLY EMPEROR CRAP, THAT'S BIG CANNON!"

I wonder if legs were actually hard to reposit.
Do you plan to use it for soe sort of "count as" Ork Knights?

Btw those tubes on his back... LEGO wheels?
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

crispy

crispy

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 171 posts
JEEZUS :bleep :bleep :bleep and :bleep !!!! Somebody call Games Workshop and get that man a design job! He clearly has a better idea of what the punters want than the existing team. That is :bleep amazing. Better in every way than the original pile of steaming GK poo. I cant get over how it can look SO MUCH BETTER with the addition of so few parts...? Remarkable. The only negative thing I can think of is... where are the pics of the back of it? Stand up and take a bow MrChaos. Great work.
"When the pin is removed, Mr Grenade is not your friend!"

Aslomov

Aslomov

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
This is one good conversion! :D But I do agree with the whole "running" pose.. It has turned out good though, must get one!!! Ha Also, I have to know.. Where is that cannon from?? :biggrin Love it!
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only little plastic men.

mr_maxime

mr_maxime

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 907 posts
looks very cool. id rotate the base though. also what will you use it as?

I'm right, and nothing ever annoys me more. - Dim

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
I would say it looks like suitable replacement for Mega Dread. Actually... if You would make another/give this one removable hands then make gigant spiked shield, he totally looks like he could run through 'umie Armoured Fist :lol .
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz
The cannon looks like it might actually be a Valkyrie engine. I like the Defiler klaw. I'm going to be looting a Deffnite as well, for a Megadredd, but in looking at yours, I may give it the skull belly plate from the Stompa as a shield.
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)

da kale

da kale

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 221 posts
this was pritty much what i was planing. It does look like it was made to be looted. what i was planing on doing was putting the grot turrent on top, sort of like a head and having the ork with two big shooters conected to the underside of his arms, like the boss smurf. what i haddent thought of was a boom gun of that size(i think its a boom gun, as i dont have the IA book with me at the moment). A gun of that size could also be covered in grots to keep it working, as that is one of my ways of making something looted more orky. well, keep it coming cause this is gunna be looted so many times. da kale

MrChaos

MrChaos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Freebooters!
Cheers folks. The color scheme will be Bad Moonz. Can't go wrong with a bright yellow Deffknight charging at the nearest threat. The gun is from the Stormlord. Any ideas on the base, It's very large and I was thinking of doing something fancy on it. Not sure what.
Linky to my miniature gallery: http://www.thepainte...allery/MrChaos/

Mr.Chaos a.k.a. Komrad's CMON entries.
http://www.coolminio...m/artist/Komrad

Dis bit goes e're, dis bit goes dere...

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA AWSUM...just as stupid as the humie version where a termie is strapped on the robot the orks did the same :D very Orky ! still could need some more rivets....and claws or spikes on its feet :D

crispy

crispy

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 171 posts
With so much room on the base I'd like to see it tearing through a vehicle, maybe a Rhino cleaved in half with a battered crew falling out of the wreckage looking suitably "Tank" shocked! Hell why not... the crew could even be Grey Knights! You know, just to rub it in that little bit more >:
"When the pin is removed, Mr Grenade is not your friend!"

LiveforFun666

LiveforFun666

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Um... lotz o' orks?
This is so awesome :'D
Three cats eats more than a stone

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
Great work. I have one on pre-order to loot myself :cheers To fill up the base, how about a "mini-me" Grot version?

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA AWSUM...just as stupid as the humie version where a termie is strapped on the robot the orks did the same :D

very Orky !

still could need some more rivets....and claws or spikes on its feet :D

Did you just say it was stupid as a compliment? I'm confused.

As for the base, I like the idea of the mini-me version with a grot in it. I'd actually recommend using a Grey Knight Terminator suit with a grot strapped to the front and instead of a head, put a git-finda gubbin in it.

This way it REALLY looks like a mini-me version of it.
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)