> Preparing for 8th ed., A goff approach to fantasy
Malte
post Feb 15 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 10,951

'Ey there lads!
For quite some time I've had more then 2.5k OnG in various boxes and bags just collecting dust or serving as bitz for my 40k needs.
So when GW announced the new army book I made up my mind, time to pick up the bow and choppa.

The idea is to bring the goff klan from 40k into fantasy, just since I love those colours. Whats on the schedule is to strip and buy magnetized bases for all the old models but while waiting for colour to dissolve and orders to arrive I've started out with some boar boyz. Just fantastic models! Will have lots of them in my final army with a big block of black orcs followed up with them mandatory boyz, in short an elite army.

Wordz and stuff is fer 'umies so on with the first pictures!

Sorry for not top-notch photos, have no better camera at the moment than my iPhone.

First completed model in the army so far, a vanilla boar boy with the goff themed colours.
Attached Image

Second and last for tonight is the hero level boss or either just boss for the boar boyz depending on final results.
I have no idea how 8th will treat OnG but a 'uge two-hand choppa can never go wrong!
Attached Image

Next update will include PIP on the boss and hopefully more boar boyz.

--------------------
"Zog me its bootiful!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mik McMok the Me...
post Feb 16 2011, 04:52 AM
Post #2

Flash Git

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,796

Like it . Looking good!

--------------------
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

+Quote Post
PsychosisPC
post Feb 16 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Mimic Squig

Member No.: 142

That looks sharp. I do love these new boar boys.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Malte
post Mar 13 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Member No.: 10,951

Sunday is update day!

New armybook is out and so far I'm really pleased!
Even though this army is no tournament material I still like the change in lowering the points for boar boyz since I will have quite a few, thinking about 2 x 10 units.
I've had a hard time trying to get some quality time with my boyz due to work, but today I waaaghed in some green time.

First up is the boar boss, he's soon done just need the final work and jobs a gud 'un!
Also, need to start on his 'uge choppa.
Attached Image

The rest of the evening was dedicated to the rest of the boars, a lot of drybrushing so it was just a bore but necessary.
Attached Image

At the moment I feel a little bit held back since I don't have any 25mm magnetic bases, I must really order a pack of those so I can start to strip my old boyz and black orcs.
Hopefully next update will include the complete boss and a startup on the other two boyz.

Cheers!

--------------------
"Zog me its bootiful!"

+Quote Post
BadToof
post Nov 23 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #5

Squigpipes

Member No.: 11,364

Hey Malte

I really really like these guys. I've loved the models for a while now (nearly convinced me to start a fantasy Orc army) and the paint scheme really seems to work. I love how the crisp black contrasts with the Ork skin, it makes it stand out.

On the subject of the skin, do you mind if I ask how you painted it? At first i thought it was the standard recipe from GW tutorials but looking a little closer it seems to have a different, slightly yellower tinge to it.

Keep up the good work thumbs.gif

+Quote Post
popisdead
post Nov 24 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 1,115

Very cool and good work! Shouldn't Goff be sloggin' it though?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:31 AM