Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mek's Beginnings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Sunz
Hi everyone, long time Beakies player here. I've decided to start a new army, that army just so happens to be Orks since I've always had a thing for them. I also wanted an army that could allow me to fully explore my conversion and scratch building abilities. Always looking for ways to save money; I decided to base my army on the Black Reach Ork forces seeing as the models aren't any way near as awful as the Beakies in that set. Keeping in the spirit of conversion and scratch building and saving money I decided to make my own vehicles seeing as no Ork army can really do without them. Without further ado here is my first weekend's modelling work: Battlewagon/Trukk; it was initially going to be a Trukk, but it's slightly bigger than a Land Raider and about 4 cm higher! DSC00721.JPG DSC00722.JPG DSC00723.JPG DSC00725.JPG Classic GW paint pot Killa Kan with Grotzooka and Jackhammer type DCCW DSC00726.JPG DSC00727.JPG DSC00728.JPG Both vehicles need a tonne of rivets put on and the trukk needs weapons and boarding planks etc. Let me know what you think! :D
{Transmission Ends}

Mek's Beginnings: My scratch built vehicles wagonz!

Take a look at my Youtube Channel

Say Hi on Facebook!

jerrythebellybuttonelf

jerrythebellybuttonelf

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 228 posts
Good start! Coming along pretty nice - just one thing. The plastic sprue-things at the feet of the killer kan could need some attention. Otherwise very nice!

Electromancer

Electromancer

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Da Stompa Boyz
this is a good start, all you really need to do is add some armoured plates, plenty of battle damage and details in places, also on the battlewagon i'd add some extra detail on the tracks, it can be a little tedious but adding some thin plasticard triangles/strips really makes them a lot better :thumbs
Taking commissions on sculpting and building stuff: PM or email at ElectroEmporium@gmail.com

ukpro

ukpro

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gazbagga
loving the way you are using what you can grab to hand like a true mek :) keep up the good work :thumbs

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Hmmm, yes. I agree Electromancer

The sides of the cab are certainly lacking something, I think I'll add some more armour plates to them and add rivet details and bullet holes to those (I've finished about 2/3 of the rivet holes and I've counted 100!)

On the topic of adding more detail to the tracks; I kind of agree. The tracks are lacking a bit of bulk, but the clearance between the tracks and the bed of the truck doesn't allow for much flexibility. Also; the card tracks are super glued on and to change them now would involve starting from scratch again. I'll just have to make them better on the next few projects.
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Here's my progress on the Battlewagon. I've added extra armour to the cab, the rivets are 95% done, I couldn't manage to make a Deff Rolla that looked good, I then tried a Deff Plough, that didn't look right either, so I settled for some reinforced ramming bars and a big killy blade at torso height (fer choppin' through lots and lots of 'umies!) These two combined will be a count-as Deff Rolla. I've half finished the pintle mounted Gatlin' Shoota on the top of the cab which will count as four Big Shootas. Oh, yes and the exhausts on both sides of the engine too! :D DSC00730.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

jerrythebellybuttonelf

jerrythebellybuttonelf

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 228 posts
Looks much better now! Are you going to remove the upper ornage "things"?

Electromancer

Electromancer

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Da Stompa Boyz
Looking much better. Not sure the front constitutes a deff rolla yet, maybe add some buzz saws or something else ded Killy. Also adding some smoke stacks on the back of the cab would look cool, and a general roughening up of the edges of the armour. Looking forward to an updated kan too
Taking commissions on sculpting and building stuff: PM or email at ElectroEmporium@gmail.com

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Here are the beginnings of Kan #2 with a Power Klaw on the left is a pen lid and tip that I will be using as the basis for a Rokkit Launcha DSC00731.JPG Kan #1 is much the same, but gratuitous amounts of rivets have been added :D DSC00734.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:?
I think I like the second Kan a bit more then the first. That Power Claw arm look spot on. Nice work you have there.

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

I think I like the second Kan a bit more then the first. That Power Claw arm look spot on

I couldn't agree more, I'm learning as I go here. Aside from kit-bashing and a little conversion work with GW bits I've never really used plasticard and other household objects to make miniatures!

Here is the second Kan half finished, it needs legs and a Rokkit Launcha, I made one for it which just didn't look right :/. I can't decide whether I like the grimace on it, I quite like the view ports; they have a crazy googly eye feel, they'll need the lenses properly green stuffed in. Let me know what you think! :thumbs

DSC00741.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Kan #1 Painted! DSC00743.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

beatree

beatree

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Looking good, someone already mentioned it but the feet on that one look funny Love the power klaw though, what did you use for rivets?

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

what did you use for rivets?

I intend to make a video within the next week or so as I haven't seen anyone else use my technique and I think it works really well. :thumbs

I really like the feet on the first Kan, but I wouldn't have put pictures up if I didn't want any suggestions or criticisms. Can anyone suggest what I should change about them?
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Kan #2 Modelled! DSC00748.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Here is one of my two Trukks, they are both identical thus far. I got a monster truck toy for 3, I'm going for the classic Gorkamorka style with the large flat bed with the driver and gunner in the front space. The sides of the bed are at a 45 degree angle because I wanted to make it look like the Boyz could just run over the edges and leap into the throngs of enemies! :thumbs DSC00749.JPG DSC00750.JPG
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Here is the Battlewagon, it's about 80% finished; it needs a load of dirt laid onto the tracks and the Deffrolla and Gatlin' Shoota need to be painted up. DSC00754.JPG DSC00755.JPG DSC00756.JPG C & C please :thumbs
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
  • Army Name:DeffSkullz
wow i like your battle wagon, i think i might have to steal your way of making tracks. i might replace the latter with something a little less clunky and maybe detail up the back a little more.

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Grot_Tank_1.jpg Grot_Tank_2.jpg I've not been doing a significant amount of hobby recently due to some bad illness over the past few months. Here is my most recent work I've been doing whilst I recover. These are my first two Grot Tanks, the second still needs a hatch. I have a Kommanda Tank on progress but it's still at a very basic stage at the moment...
{Transmission Ends}

Say Hi on Facebook!

Guest_Nazbag_*

Guest_Nazbag_*
  • Guests
I love the grot tanks, All I think they need is a couple of grots crawling over them. On the second tank you could have one looking out of the hatch you have yet to build.