Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BloodAxe Klann Rozter
Rafal
post Oct 10 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Rutted Gob Busta

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 10,521

And here will be second quite small band for GorkaMorka.
This would be a band for newbies (like my friends that don't play GW games, just to teach them). So generally I don't won't to spend a lot of money on this warband. And there would be maximum of 8 minis.
Here's the roster for Gorker Warband.

NOB (15)
- Slugga and Choppa

DRIVER SPANNER (8)
- SixShoota and Knife

GUNNER BOY (6)
- Blunderbuss and Knife

SHOOTA BOY (8)
- Shoota and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA YOOF (6)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA YOOF (6)
- Slugga and Choppa

Thats 100 Teeth.

Blunderbuss would be changed into kannon if warband earns some teeth. The only things you can spend teeth on would be boosting car and weapons. Thats because I want to have WYSIWYG all the time. I don't want to convert models I'm going to use, that's why so many orkz has slugga and choppa option. And I wont buy more than 6 running orks. I could make another car but it would to be totally close-trooped to hide driver and gunner. Trakk would be also close-trooped for gunner and driver. Both those carz would be more like tanks. Anyway please tell if one trukk is enough for starting mob. And what do you think about the roster.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Da Bikers
post Oct 10 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Grot Orderly

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,791

QUOTE (Rafal @ Oct 10 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Anyway please tell if one trukk is enough for starting mob. And what do you think about the roster.

One truck is usually enough for starting mobs, obviously there are a lot of other variations your mob could have, but one truck is fine as long as you can fit everybody on it. Your mob itself looks fine, also could you say what vehicle they all in, has it got a big gun? etc.

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 10 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #3

Rutted Gob Busta

They will ride on TRUKK wif 'EAVY SHOOTA (35)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Da Bikers
post Oct 12 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Grot Orderly

I don't like the heavy shooter myself but that's just personal preference, I prefer the rocket launcher but there is nothing wrong with the heavy shooter.

--------------------
(\__/)

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 12 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #5

Rutted Gob Busta

About Big Shoota. I think I need extra rounds of ammo becouse of low ammount of Orkz. There would be never more than 6 running boyz. Anyway I was thinking if I would build small tank, would it count as trukk or trak? Coz I really like idea of traks with no wheels on this mob.

Tank would be similar to 'umie Chimera, but lighter. Troopers would be able to see throught traks (or jump over) and the driver and gunner would be closed in kan. 6 Boyz on the pack. I'm thinking of giving Nob the access to 'Eavy Shoota as BS 4 would make a hell difference on a starting mob. Also I think I have good mini to be a gunner Nob so It wont be needed to be closed in the tank.

And if I trak can take 8 Orkz (wif Driver and Gunner) than it is even better option for me. Coz I'll have less yoofs and more boyz. This is supposed to be high skilled ork warband thats why I've choosen BloodAxes.

Eavy Shoota probably would be easily made on magnets so It can be swapped with skorcha or rokkit launcha.

I'll let you know if I get models. Tank is probably going to be scratchbuild or chimera if I'll have enough money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 12 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #6

Rutted Gob Busta

just a fast idea. I could use another trak (a very small one for 2 orks only) with spanna driver and a Nob with rokkit launcher. But this would be the future extension of this klan if they get enough teeth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamekebab
post Oct 13 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Tankbusta Boy

Member No.: 10,900

QUOTE (Rafal @ Oct 12 2010, 07:36 PM) *
About Big Shoota. I think I need extra rounds of ammo becouse of low ammount of Orkz.

After your first game, get "Loadsa Ammo" for it, one of my mobs has an 'Eavy Shoota and without extra ammo it rarely gets off more than a single burst per game.

QUOTE (Rafal @ Oct 12 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Anyway I was thinking if I would build small tank, would it count as trukk or trak?

Tanks aren't really a GoMo thing, they end up too tough. If you want to use a model for one, ask your opponents if they're cool with it, if they are then you're fine. Other than that I'm not really sure what to say!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 13 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #8

Rutted Gob Busta

I was thinking about something I saw on eBuy. Chimera with open trooped place for Orkz.
There would be enought place for my 6 Orks. Also I would change the traks into lower ones so orks can jump of the trakk more easily. And Driver and Gunner place is covered so I don't have to buy extra Orks for it, but maybe I'd put plastic ones from GM truck crew. when making it and then make option to open doors... just for fun.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mae_usd_bat_034_org_346_01_large.jpg ( 73.24K ) Number of downloads: 9

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 15 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #9

Rutted Gob Busta

Time to think about Ork Fort. I think this mob is so small that it cannot afford it's own Ork fort. Instead of this they live in a few buildings. First one would be 2 stored, where they live. Second would be one stored building - kind of spanner's workshop. An oil cans and stuff near this one. Maybe a gate or watch tower. Of course some barricades made from junk. Buildings would have access to roofs so you can shoot from there. But as this is quite small band this would be not big 'fort'. I may change this idea into one really small fort but I think making 2 buildings would be better. Of course there would be lot's of Orky glyphs all over building so you know they are blood axes.

New Roster:

NOB (15)
- Slugga and Choppa

DRIVER SPANNER (8)
- Slugga and Knife

GUNNER BOY (6)
- Shoota and Knife

SHOOTA BOY (8)
- Shoota and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

SLUGGA BOY (8)
- Slugga and Choppa

TRAK (15)
- 'Eavy Shoota

Thats 100 Teeth.

I may swap gunner with nob to have BS4 on Eavy Shoota. not sure yet. Not sure about how I should paint them. I was thinking about camo, but I'm not sure what kind of camo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Da Bikers
post Oct 16 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #10

Grot Orderly

As you are using blood axes I was wondering if you have seen this, it could be useful for them in a campaign:

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=47215

(I know it was posted on this forum but I’m not sure if you were on here then)

--------------------
(\__/)

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 16 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #11

Rutted Gob Busta

I haven't read it before. It's quite interesting. But before I use it I want to play normal gorkamorka. I have no time right now, but soon I'll make this klan and a klan of Goffs and then I'll start playing. Than I'll make some more klans so my friend can join GM. I like the idea of individual klans so I'll try to fore those rules. Also I love Killa kans idea.

Currently I'm looking on some camo types for my Bloodaxe clan. Any Ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 17 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Rutted Gob Busta

Some digital paintings to see how it fits this kind of minis I'm going to use. Of course all my Blood axes would have Bloody Axes as Choppas. Chimera tank would be customized and converted to look more GM.
I'm thinking of painting those guys with desert camo scheme coz, you know, desert is all around the skid.

I also Like my other idea. The only black clothes give that thief style. This is because the wear those funny caps. I also saw mini painted like this somewhere on Coolminiornot, but it was to bright on browns and to light on blacks, so I repainted id in PS.

Not sure witch one should I use for those Blood Axes.

(The chimera is NOT MINE job, but this gives you idea how it would look like with desert camo minis. Of course if I pick black painting, I'll use black painted chimera, but Black is rather the color of Goff klan)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  theme2.jpg ( 54.79K ) Number of downloads: 10
Attached File  theme3.jpg ( 48.21K ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  5369913920091012214304050.jpg ( 60.22K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 17 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #13

Rutted Gob Busta

I've just recieved an email that those Orks are comming to me! stay tuned!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rafal
post Oct 28 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #14

Rutted Gob Busta

I did get my mob Today!
6 blood axe kommandos from '90s.

I think the baest cammo would be the desert one. Soon I'll start making chimera based tank-trak for them, and of course some buildings to make and ork desert settlement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boss Gobbstompa
post Oct 28 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #15

Warbike Boy
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 10,635

gratz on your reinforcements arriving! Just remember to sprinkle in some bright colors with that camo. Ork camo isn't supposed to look like it should hide anything, it just does.

--------------------
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) *
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:14 PM