Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Meganobz

* * * - - 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz
Well, to supplement my Battlewagon list, I am needing three Meganobz, so I ordered a set of the AoBR nobz, and set to work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
I have made some more progress over the last two days, including the engine block and starting on the iron gob.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am going to have one with a PK, one with a two handed hammer and a 'Storm Shield' (will still count as a PK) and one with a wrecker ball from the Ork trukk.

One will also have a shoulder mounted rokkit launcher.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

glomscient

glomscient

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 149 posts
  • Army Name:da bloo bonez
nice! i really like the regular shoota for the exhaust! i think that i will have to loot that for my next battlewagon... :D

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
Its such a simple idea, I dont know why I didnt think of it.

And just because I dont want to open up too many new threads, a few pics of my bitz box bashed Big gunz. They count as Zzap Guns.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I now need to build some more grotz to man them.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Colloquial

Colloquial

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Snagrods Burnaz
I like the look of the mega nobz, i'll keep an eye on this one looks well worth lootin' Keep it up Colloquial

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
And now for a further update. I have pretty much got the weapons down now, I may still swap the chainfist out for the wrecker ball. I think the only thing I really need to worry about now is detail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope this does inspire, as previous threads have inspired me, and I have shamelessly taken bits of other peoples ideas, and expanded on them with my ideas. I firmly believe in Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
  • Army Name:-
Could we get abetter look at the last nob's left arm?I think they look quite fantastic so far, just a little more "roughing up" and micro-detailing work IMO

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
Posted Image

Upon closer looking, I can see the magazine is going to need pinning on.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz
Great work so far! A simple idea, but not too simple. and those rivvets on the boots look promising. I especially like the chainfist and the thunda-hamma MANs, but the kombi-skorcha on the last one is kind of odd. Maybe it should start right after the elbow. It seems to be set to far IMO. The cybork/iron mask heads fit great with these MANs, so do the BS exhausts. Could you please show us some photos of how do the nob's backs look? And good work with the zzap guns. Again, simple but cool :) Awaiting more progress! Cheers :cheers

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
I like the Zzap guns, but I'd make one suggestion- cut the tips off and rotate them 90 degrees, so you have the usual angled and going from top to bottom, not left to right. :thumbs

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
I must admit, I am still not happy with the chainfist. I might try making the fist a little more square, otherwise I shall remove it and add the Wrecka Ball (which came from the Snakebitez thread, shamelessly nicked). I agree that the Kombi Skorcha is not sitting right. It is too far forward. I may try underslinging it to his arm (rather like Beakie Termies have theirs). But cheers for the comments guys, I do take them all on board, and hopefully they will go towards making my figures looking even better.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

uglybeast

uglybeast

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
  • Army Name:oDd Ballz
Might I recommend a spike on the other side of the hammer? It looks kinda offbeat to me with a massive crushing side of the head, and a rather weedy spike on the other. :?

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
I have now shortened the two gunz that were too long, and they certainly look less overbalanced now. I have also added shoulder pads, horns and some other small pieces to further detail them.

I also have a 'Big Boss' for the unit. As they are based on Beakie Terminators, it seemed only right that the chief Nob had a Banna to say how ard they are.

And then there is a piccy of the engine block.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am currently rebuilding the chainfist. I didnt feel it looked right, so the fist is a little bigger (and squarer) so it looks more menacing.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
Keep them picts a-coming, these guys look great. I'm probably going to be lootin some ideas for an upcoming project :biggrin . What are you going to be using for the rivets on all of those plates, if I might ask?
Makin' it up as I go along!

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
The only rivets I have used are on the legs, and these are actually dress making pins. I drilled the holes first, and then cut away most of the stalk. I need to get hold of some very thin plastic rod to make other rivets.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
Nice. That's what I was thinking too. They look awesome so far. I've changed my mind...... I will definately be looting the heck out of these, and saving some money to boot along the way :biggrin .
Makin' it up as I go along!

Black Bird

Black Bird

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
Those are looking very good. Great job with the plasticard! Where did you get the bitz for your guns? :thumbs
Cheers,

Black Bird

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
My bitz box. I just pulled stuff out which I felt looked good. There is an old Ork Warbike Autocannon, some new Bike Dakkaguns, a Chaos Combi flamer and an 'umie Heavy Stubber.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
And while I am thinking about it, last night I finally did something about the Kombi Rokkit Meganob. I was not happy with the rokkit, it just didnt work for me, so I have changed it completely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rokkit was originally from the Epic Mega Gargant, may years ago. It is amazing what creeps into your bitz box.

I have also rebuilt the 'Power Fist', making it larger and more boxy. the sensor array on top is from a Chimera.
My Ork Album Blood Axes

glomscient

glomscient

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 149 posts
  • Army Name:da bloo bonez
well, i tried a bit of looting (though i used termies and a black orc as a base) and they are not nearly this good! i am not adding the box thing around the torso, and i am instead adding shoulder bitz everywhere, and giving them more of a round look. i just made a warboss and a MAN. still, i like yours better :thumbs