Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH! Gobbstompa

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz
Heyo!

Here's the thread where I'll be posting the completed models for my army. If anyone hasn't seen it, these models are from my magnetized thread which is in my signature. So anyway, here are the pics.

Here is the full WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa, as it has progressed over time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now
First up, we have the first mob of shoota boyz. I glued their shootaz on because it was just way too much time to put them on and take them off.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now we have them in their looted 'Eavy Armor as a mob of 'Ard Boyz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Now we have the second mob of Shoota Boyz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the Goff Slugga Boyz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
And, we can't forget those weedy little gitz, the grotz.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And this grot mob boasts Weedy Git, the Oomie that's recording Boss Gobbstompa's biography.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Zamzag

Zamzag

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 16 posts
An Army to be proud of :)
Where's my Slugga?

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts

An Army to be proud of :)

Why thank you. I've always loved orks but could never really get into collecting them. I had such a strong loyalty to beakies that I couldn't really stick with anything else.

But now these orks are turning out so well, I couldn't possibly turn away from them.

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts
  • Army Name:jack's ork army
they do look really good. I remember enjoying your magnetizing tutorial, but all that fiddly work and extra paininting didnt look like my cup of tea. beautiful models though.
QUOTE (Kingh on paroxyism vs waaagh banner.)
This is just further proof that none of the 5th Ed Codexes received any play-testing beyond Mat Ward running around the building with a Land Speeder model whilst screaming 'VROOM VROOM'

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM
paintbrush 2010 kill count:

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
I reall like the blue that you have on them. I also like the trophies that are on your boyz they look good and propper now.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Nice painting ya zogger. :cheers But da blue color just aint proppa Goff if ya ask me, looks more like a no gud nickin Deff Skull army. We gotz way to many weedy lootin gitz around ere if yer askin me. Best throw them blue paints away and paint da rest of yer stuff black and red wif some checks on em. ;) Seriously the dark brown and deep blue really makes these boyz look good and ready to loot. Great job ya zogger. Keep up da gud werk and youll never go back to them skumgrod beakies. Jobs a gud un. :thumbs WAAAGH! da better a loota then a beakie
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

BadToof

BadToof

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
  • Army Name:BadMoonz
Yet another lootin git for this Badmoon Warboss to buy stuff from. :thumbs Don't listen to that stinkin Goff above, theyz no good for business. They're looking pretty good. I like to see a Deffskulls army with a bit of white in it, alot I've seen tend to miss that out. I like the thieving 'Ard Boyz too. if you're gonna pay Deffskulls you might as well nick everything you can

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Wow, thanks for all the great replies! @ Jack da Greenskin, I'm glad you liked the tutorial I wrote. It does seem pretty fiddly working with all the magnets. But, not only does it save me space as I don't have all those spare bitz taking up room in my bitz box, but the money I'm going to save is incredible. Being able to turn one 30-boy mob of shootaz into 3 12-boy mobz of trukkin' slugga boyz is SO nice (each box comes with 1 nob, 10 boyz and with the addition of two pairs of legs, you get a big shoota and a rokkit launcha). I will also be able to field some of the spare boyz (the ones I replace with big shootaz) as Kommandoz, by switching out for sluggaz and choppaz and maybe even getting some fantasy ork arms that are holding the choppas downwards in a sneeky fashion. @ Morfangdakka, the blues that I put on them are two different types. Any blue metal (boss poles, helmets, armor and such) is chainmail silver with blue ink over it. The blue cloth is ice blue with blue ink. I found Ultramarine Blue was too dark when inked and too flat when not inked. All the skin was either painted bone-colored (for faces) or primed bone-colored (for arms, grotz and Runtherd). I then used one layer of flesh wash on boyz/runtherd, two coats of fleshwash on Nob, and then two coats of green ink on everyone. All the browns and bronzes (on grot armor and runtherd weapons) were also flesh-washed which really brings out the bronze. @ Hakbash, While we may not be "proppa goffs" (moar liek "Eemoz", amirite?), I really like the checked pattern that Goffs have and thought it might look pretty hot in Blue. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The pants are actually the way I'm telling different mobs apart. Each mob of boyz will have three colors of pants; Brown, Black and Khaki. Each boy also has either a strap around one of their thighs or wraps around their lower legs. These will be painted the same way for the 30 boyz in each mob and will match the glyph color for the boss pole. So, when they're in Green Tide mode (3 mobs of 30 boyz) they will have either blue, red or yellow (maybe green instead) straps to denote their mob, but in Trukk Boy mode, they'll be divided up by the color of their pants instead. All of these colors, while kinda hard to see from the front, are quite easy to distinguish from the back, so it makes it very easy to tell who is in which mob. @ Badtoof, I do plan on having some badmoonz in my WAAAGH!!! eventually. They'll be in as MANz, Flash Gitz and possibly a mob of regular Nobz. Gotta have someone to sell to and my Boss' fluff has him spending time as a flash git on a Freeboota krew because he nicked some dead Bad Moon'z armor and gear while leaving a battlefield and joined up with his mob. I went with the white because, in my fluff, the tribe my boss spawned in, The Skarbonce Tribe, their tattoos/paint feature a lot of blue with a white blaze down one side of their face. A few of my nobz will have this showing that Gobbstompa picked up some of his old Skumgrods when he amassed his WAAAGH!!!, and the white just really seemed to work against the much darker skin. Glad you all like the models.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Ok, new update. Got my second grot mob and second boyz mob finished, along with more 'Eavy Armor. Here they are. Update removed.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
update removed

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
update removed

Klawgut

Klawgut

the ginger haired squig

• Boyz
  • 437 posts
  • Army Name:Klawgut IronToofs tooflords
i really like the paint jobs on your stuff, its really nice. i like the idea of magnetised boys but it must have been a hell of a lot of work doing the switch for both shootas and sluggas for your mobs. far too much work for me!! :thumbs
"DAKKA DA CHOPPY STUFF AND CHOPPA DA DAKKA-IE STUFF!! WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" Warboss Klawgut

Praetorians
BTSWA

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Oddly enough, for the sluggaz and choppaz, you just kinda drop them near the shoulder and the magnets suck the arms on at totally random positions, so it looks pretty cool. The shootaz take a bit of work on some of them, but there's pretty much only one way for shoota arms to go together, and they go right to that position most of the time.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
I'm back, and I've finished my Lootaz, so here they are.

The first lootaz mob.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the second
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Black Bird

Black Bird

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
Brilliant! What a diverse army you now have. I envy it and will loot aspects of it as I am on a bit of a shoestring budget... (once I can afford magnets...) ;) Well done! :thumbs
Cheers,

Black Bird

Dmitri

Dmitri

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Rotgutz's Speed Freekz
I'm loving the mismatched look, extremely fitting of the Deff Skullz. Your work is consistently inconsistent. :thumbs
"It's only true love when you both play orks together" - Girlfriend

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Thanks! I'm glad y'all like it. The hardest part, Dmitri, is exactly what you pointed out. How to keep uniform colors in a way that doesn't look uniform. I took the idea from a Bad Moonz player (gotta loot everything I can, ya know?), where he had four colors that he used for clothing (black, yellow, brown and khaki) and then switched them around between pants and shirts. Just make sure that you don't have the same color shirts as you have pants, and make sure that the belts and straps on the torso are different from the pants (black pants get brown straps and brown pants get black straps mostly) and voila, consistent inconsistency. And Black Bird, 100 magnets cost half the price of a box of grots. So for the price of two boxes of boyz and a box of grotz you can have the option of 24 shootaz, 24 sluggaz or two mobz of 12 trukk boyz. I hope my magnetizing tutorial is of help to you. UPDATE: I just got a job with the third most famous duck in the market (Aflac), so once money starts coming in, you'll see a lot more updates and I'll start working on magnetizing Mekz, Nobz and walkerz.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
Ok, new update. For my 1-year Anniversary, my wife promised me $50 towards my WAAAGH!. $25 went to buying the ork pieces from the AoBR set from a brand new player that I was helping out.

Da Deffkoptaz
With my WAAAGH!, I'm going to have units from all of the different clans. The first from a different clan to flock to my WAAAGH! Boss's banna is from the Evil Sunz clan. I magnetized the stands to the bottom and the rotor blades to the tops of them for easy transport, and each one has a small magnet on the side of the fuselage so I can stick on the bundle of stikk bombs to use as a Bigbomm. The Skwadron Leader has a Face-Biter Squig harnessed to the front of his Kopta as his Buzz Saw.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And now, my first Warboss, Boss Gorgob da Bloody
I know he's not really bloody, but he figured it'd sound scary. He's not all there, in the bonce. I hated how the AoBR Warboss is just pointing off randomly to his left, so I dipped him in boiling water for a bit to soften the plastic in his arm and gently bend it forward. I also glued an old Chaos Flamer bit from the vehicle Combi-flamer onto his twin-linked shoota so he can either have a twin-linked shoota or a kombi-skorcha.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And finally, my wife painted up the Christmas Present I got her last year, 5 cave squigs. She loves squigs, almost as much as she loves Skittles candy. So she combined her two loves and made Squiggles, the rainbow that tastes you.
<pic removed>