> Blood Bowl Underworld team, My dakkatember threat completed
Hasdrubal
post Jan 4 2010, 04:13 AM
Post #1

Runtherd
Group Icon

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 5,867

This is not Fantasy Orcs & Goblins per se, but more than 50% of the team is goblins and troll so I'll try to sneak it into da trophy rack as I don't yet have permission to post in da Fungus Beer hall. Mods, feel free to move the thread elsewhere in the forum if deemed necessary.

The troll:

This was my first try at airbrushing Foundation paints (Astronomican Grey for the skin), it went OK as I didn't clog the airbrush (even though I tend to end up with a slightly too diluted mix). Scales were done using Light Grey Green (PA Air range), a color close to Gretchin Green (GW Foundation). I am quite proud of the skull, on which I experimented the bone color scheme of the Eavy Metal as presented in Jan 10 White Dwarf. I believe it turned out rather well.

The skavens:

A close-up on one of them:

I wanted a dark set of colors on them. The purple robes aren't as dark in real life (blame my lighting set-up), which help differentiating them from the fur. The skin was an experiment, using Tallarn Flesh as a basecoat, followed by a wetbrush of Elf Flesh, then a diluted wash (2/2/1 Devlan Mud, Pa Air thinner and water) over the flesh. A seconf alyer of wash was used in some recesses, such as the snouts.

The goblins:

A close-up on one of them (could have used a bit more highlights on the head):

The skin was done using washes over a white undercoat, followed by a white wetbrush, then applying the same wash as used for the skavens.

Comments and criticism welcome!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franck
post Jan 6 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Mushling

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 4,300

The team (the troll especially) is intense. Nice job.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:41 PM