IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> no assaulting from vehicles, rules query about vehicle assaults.
poodle
post Dec 8 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Mimic Squig

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 2,913

I just read the rules under disembarking. It says a unit disembarking from a vehicle that has moved may shoot BUT MAY NOT ASSAULT!!!! Please tell me that I am missing something here but it certainly negates the usefulness of transports. bleep.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kludgnok
post Dec 8 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Burna Boy
Group Icon

Group: Goffs
Member No.: 3,736

You are in fact missing something here. Assaults are allowed if the transport in question is open topped, like our trukks. There are still restrictions involved however, revolving around how far the transport has moved, and whether or not the unit in question began it's turn in the transport.

But the short of it is this, if a mob of boyz starts the turn in a trukk, and the truck moves 12 inches or fewer, your boyz are free to jump out, and punch something in the face.

(also beware of special rules that allow some non open topped vehicles to allow assaults after disembarking as well. I.E. the Beakie Land Raider)

--------------------
Why play Orks you ask?....
Well my friend, its quite simple, I rather enjoy the word 'killy' and decided I wanted to use it more in coversation...

+Quote Post
Deff-Face
post Dec 8 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Flesh Eater Squig

Member No.: 10,928

Note that ALL of our transports are open topped until and unless you take the 'ard case upgrade.

+Quote Post
MaddaMek
post Dec 8 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Gargant Krew
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 5,783

Oh, special rules allow assaulting too... Like "Assault Vehicle" on Land Raiders with terminators crybaby.gif
Just like rest said OT transports have some advantages (assaulting and S3 hits when it explode) and that make them sweet! Especially fast ones...

--------------------
6th edition army test:
Can You shoot back at triple Heldrake, quad Scythe list?

Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

+Quote Post
Klawgut
post Dec 8 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #5

the ginger haired squig

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 10,955

and dont forget the effects of the red paint job which allows us to move 13" then the boys can dissembark 2" from any part of the open topped trukk and can then assault upto 6". Awsome for first turn when your enemy places his army 18/20" away thinking that he is out of range then the rpj gives you that 1" allowing your warboss with PK to rip his prized beakie land raider to bits before its fired a shot or deployed its cargo!!

Another good trick like this is the deffkopta with buzz saw.

scout move before 1st turn = 24"
followed by its normal move = 12"
followed by its assault move = 6"

and if you can get it into contact with 2 vehicles all the better as you split its 4 PK attackes between the 2 and waste or mess up both vehicles!!

WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! KILLY

choppa.gif

--------------------
"DAKKA DA CHOPPY STUFF AND CHOPPA DA DAKKA-IE STUFF!! WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" Warboss Klawgut

Praetorians
BTSWA

+Quote Post
poodle
post Dec 8 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #6

Mimic Squig

Member No.: 2,913

thanks guys...sorry to be such a noob. The klaw on the deffkopta does sound cool. I didn't want to pour too many points into my deffkoptaz though...hmmmmm

+Quote Post
mo0g
post Dec 9 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Burna Boy

Member No.: 8,419

QUOTE (the ginger hair squig @ Dec 8 2009, 09:40 PM) *
and if you can get it into contact with 2 vehicles all the better as you split its 4 PK attackes between the 2 and waste or mess up both vehicles!!

Can you really? I thought you had to pick a target? Maybe I just assumed that for some reason, pretty cool smilingOrk.gif

--------------------
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

+Quote Post
nkelsch
post Dec 9 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Deliriak

Member No.: 8,097

QUOTE (mo0g @ Dec 9 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Can you really? I thought you had to pick a target? Maybe I just assumed that for some reason, pretty cool smilingOrk.gif

It is physically impossible for a single model to legally execute a 'multiple unit assault' as the rules stand now.

The first model in a unit must assault the target unit by the shortest possible route which makes it virtually impossible to legally assault two models. You can't simply take 'whatever' route you wish within your 6" assault to end up wherever you want and if another unit is 'around' you can't position to just hipbump into him if it means you did not take the shortest route. It is one of those situations that probably would work in like one mathematical exact science in a million but most times you can't do it without basically fudging the movement.

To execute a multiple assault your unit needs at least 2 models.

--------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard

+Quote Post
Kludgnok
post Dec 9 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #9

Burna Boy
Group Icon

I do believe Nkelsch has that pretty well nailed down. It's not physically impossible persay, but it is most certainly very bloody unlikely, to the point at which you're more likely to just be being a beardy git then to actually be in a situation where your one model is exactly equidistant from two units, who happen to both have their nearest points within an area that allows your base to be contacting them both simultaneously...

So, in short, it's possible, just really really really unlikely, and you'd probably do well enough to just write it off as 'impossible'.

--------------------
Well my friend, its quite simple, I rather enjoy the word 'killy' and decided I wanted to use it more in coversation...

+Quote Post
Gurge Da Scurge
post Dec 9 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Snotling

Member No.: 3,562

so if i were to buy my awesome battle wagon a 'ard case. youre telling me i cant move and assault? that sound very bad..... why not?

+Quote Post
waaanial00
post Dec 10 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #11

Steel Teef

Member No.: 6,848

QUOTE (Gurge Da Scurge @ Dec 9 2009, 06:02 PM) *
so if i were to buy my awesome battle wagon a 'ard case. youre telling me i cant move and assault? that sound very bad..... why not?

Because the vehicle no longer counts as being open topped. Therefore it reverts to being a normal transport which only allows shooting/running after you have disembarked from a moving vehicle (it also restricts where and how many of your Orks can fire from it).

The deffkopta idea is solid, anyone playing against a beakie with a Landspeeder Storm will have to watch out for this tactic if they get the first move. Dont leave your Battlewagon with KFF and expensive brutes without a couple of units to run interference or you might find that said vehicle gets grenaded and power fisted on its AV10 rear armour on the very first go.

Wan

--------------------
Current projects:

In short way to effin much!

+Quote Post
Kludgnok
post Dec 10 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #12

Burna Boy
Group Icon

Gurge, the basic idea is this: If the transport is entirely enclosed, then all the lads inside half to get queued up and file out of the same door, this takes time. If the transport is NOT enclosed, and is in fact open topped, then when it comes time to disembark, orks can jump, fall, run, bounce, etc etc right over/off of the transport. The few seconds saved in doing so, are the few seconds in which the boyz can start knocking out some teef!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nkelsch
post Dec 10 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #13

Deliriak

Member No.: 8,097

Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

--------------------

Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard

+Quote Post
DigitalKiller
post Dec 10 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #14

Hair Squig

Member No.: 4,962

QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 12:15 PM) *
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

ha ha ha ha best explanation ever... thumbs.gif

--------------------
DK

I will delete you... byte by byte

+Quote Post
SlugNutty
post Jan 1 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #15

Puffball Fungus

Member No.: 11,003

I have a question regarding the ability to waaagh after disembarking from the vehicle. Can I waaagh either with the wierdboy on the first turn, a dice roll of 6, or on the second turn when I can declare a waaagh and basically have as much as 26" movement with a good waaagh roll? 12" for the trukk, 2" disembark out front, 1" for RPJ, 6" waaagh (good dice roll) and 6" assualt. Also would this work in the first round If my wierdboy rolled a 6 for his psy attack too? Thanks for your time

+Quote Post
Shabbadoo
post Jan 2 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #16

Wartrukk Gunner
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 4,901

Yes. with Waaagh! you can get a whole heck of a lot of movement.

Trukk/Battlewagon with RPJ moves 13", disembark 2" plus 1" for base width(yes, this does count), run d6", and finally Assault 6" for a total effective movement of 23"-28"(that doesn't take into account any Difficult Terrain movement of course). Yes, it can be foul when pulled off by multiple Trukks/Battlewagons in the same turn. In a mostly mounted army you ought to be hitting the enemy on Turn 1-2. If that is not happening, you are doing something very, very wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cpt_machine
post Jan 2 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #17

Swab Squig

Member No.: 10,995

Sorry while you can Waaaargh! out of a vechile, you dont get any benefit from it, as the rules clearly state that after you have disembarked no movement can be done 'except' assault move. As Waaaargh! movement is a fleet move that isnt an assualt move and cannot be done.

I am thankful for that so it stops 28" banshee charges on my army.

+Quote Post
Dribble Joy
post Jan 2 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #18

Phobiak
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,391

It's not movement, it's running. Anyone can run after disembarking from a vehicle, open topped or not.

The Waaagh! rule gives models fleet. Fleet allows you to assault after running.

So more specifically:

13" trukk/wagon move + 2" disembark + 1" base width + D6" run + 6" assault.

Banshees can't do it because the Panzee list doe not have any open topped vehicles. Beakies can do it from a Raider if they have Shrike in the list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grimuz 'Blud...
post Jan 2 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #19

Periscope
Group Icon

Group: Blood Axez
Member No.: 10,663

Yeah, you can definitely run after you disembark, and if you used a Waaagh! you can still assault. Be thankful for this!

--------------------
QUOTE (Utan @ Mar 24 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Why does "Don't Press Dat!" stop for friendly units? Such a courteous malfunction!

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 3 2011, 10:11 PM) *
It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!

SEPA40k Escalation League
Round 1: 5/2/2
Round 2: 1/0/0

+Quote Post
Shabbadoo
post Jan 2 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #20

Wartrukk Gunner
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,901

Indeed, get your rulebook and go to page 67, left hand side, second paragraph:

"If a vehicle has already moved(including pivoting on the spot), the passengers may disembark, but not move any further in that Movement phase." [emphasis mine]

What phase does Running take place in? That's right, the Shooting phase, and so what I posted is 100% correct. With the use of Waaagh!, mounted Orks can fly across the table and Assault the enemy quite easily. thumbs.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:15 AM