Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feenix Rising - Vehicles & Boyz

* * * * - 7 votes

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
…in summary the forces of Chaos were driven off without too great a loss to the Tigers, admittedly the Arctic Wolves flanking manoeuvre was decisive in this sucess. We have their main army being tracked while we regroup and await orders
On a side note we have seen yet more evidence of Orks on the planet, though, in this case it wasn’t for long – one of their ‘mobs’ got itself caught in the crossfire. A few of it’s survivors managed to escape in a couple of their vehicles, but hardly enough to be a problem…

Riff looked around at the various groups of Boyz and Grots as they worked to build up the walls and fit big shootas over the gate – taking one 'umie Promethium mine wasn’t going to be a memorable victory for the mob, but after their near destruction the boyz needed something to restore morale.
Taking on bunch of grey 'umies had seemed like an easy task, but then it turned out they had a load of furry beakies helping them, and then spiky beakies coming from the other direction. It had been a massacre. The Boss was gone, so was the Big Mek and the nobs and boyz were down to less than half their numbers. They’d travelled for a day before finding this outpost and surprised it’s defenders, now they were working to set and rebuild. As the previous Big Mek’s assistant Riff found himself in charge of seeing what they could loot while the remaining Nobs had a fight to see who’d be the next boss.
The outpost had turned out to pretty much abandoned, there was still promethium, but not much and all the working vehicles and equipment seemed to have gone – the umie guards we unprepared for an attack so it looked like this place had been forgotten.
Abandoned or not the guards still had a small armoury which would would make up for the lost weapons and Riff’s eyes had lit up when he found the scrapyard of equipment and vehicles that hadn’t been taken – it would take some time but they could restore the mob, or even start a new one. Riff had heard about a umie story about a bird that got destroyed and then made itself again – just like looting a tank! – Feenix, or something like that, maybe he could suggest it to the new Boss…

-------------------------------

I bought a Trukk a while back with the intention of making a halftrack out of it (which evolved into my battlefortress which uses no trukk parts) and then using the spare wheels to increase the size of another Trukk

I want to save the smaller wheels for another project and use the rest to build something more like a pickup Trukk that looks more like a looted vehicle than something Orkbuilt

The current Trukk chassis and axels all have bends in them so I started off by cutting and regluing them to straighten them out and removing the rear sets of springs. From these I could then assemble something more like a standard vehicle

Posted Image
Posted Image

and with some tacked on extras - the truck bed will have cutouts for the wheels, the engine will probably be as standard and the Trukk doors have been split to make more normal sized ones

Posted Image

gubnutz

gubnutz

telescoping arm

• Goffs
  • 513 posts
  • Army Name:Gubnutz Gitburnaz Ladz
I liked the story and the truck chassis is not bad either. Are you building a new army up or adding to an existing one? Keep em coming. Gub
April Threat
Warboss
6 mega Nobz
10 Grotz
Runtherd

back in the saddle

Check out my Live Journal

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
New army - I have the Black Reach set minus the Boyz, the Battlefortress I'm building and this Trukk. I wanted to try out Orks, but to have a reason why I could mix and match anything I wanted because I'm foremost a modeller and wanted a wide selection of vehicles and conversions - hence a mob reforming itself and collecting Orks from all over with a Mek being in charge Other plans include: Deffcopter to Bike Deffcopter to Biplane Some Buggies Some construction vehicle based vehicles Maybe a looted Valk Maybe a Mega Dredd

Ronin

Ronin

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:Waaghticus's Warhorde!
It will be interesting to see where this goes. I haven't seen any lowered builds based on the wartrukk kit before. :P

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I haven't seen any lowered builds based on the wartrukk kit before. :P

I've always liked this one, though it's more extreme than iI'm going for

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=42193

Aslomov

Aslomov

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
I said this on Work In Progress, but I prefer this site! :lol I like! I'm working on a Trukk just now too! It will only have four wheels like yours and will be a truck/van sort of thing. I did the same thing with the doors, but adding the two smaller ones to the back. I've made a whole new front bit for it out of plsticard and gonna do the same with the rest of it biggrin.gif I never even thought about doing that with the axles! I've already glued them and made all the bits needed to make it "worky" sad.gif (Driveshaft I believe it's called) etc. That is all such ace ideas! I will have to loot for my next one tongue.gif I can't wait to see how this turns out!!
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only little plastic men.

gubnutz

gubnutz

telescoping arm

• Goffs
  • 513 posts
  • Army Name:Gubnutz Gitburnaz Ladz
Sounds like some solid things in the pipeline. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this new army. Gub
April Threat
Warboss
6 mega Nobz
10 Grotz
Runtherd

back in the saddle

Check out my Live Journal

GeNrul GroTamuNgus

GeNrul GroTamuNgus

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
i likethe fluff (may be looted in future) :biggrin the link to the warboss on custom bike and the hotrod truck looks nice :) more pics :search following this one
There would be NO games workshop whitout the ORKS

STOMP STOMP STOMP

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
  • Army Name:WAZDAKKA'S WAAAAGH!!!
http://www.the-waaag...pic=35954&st=60

my thread has a rat rod and i also have some other builds that might help you penguin. just something to consider.

i started up my second trukk on page 4 but the rat rod begins on page 3 i think. its a very hard build at the beginning with the chassis. but once you get it..... your in like flint.

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
Cheers Uber, I knew I'd seen a 4 wheeled Trukk with an enclosed cab somewhere - I'd even commented on it!

big'ead

big'ead

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Army Name:no name @ the time
nice fluff :thumbs how did you come by it? novels, WD magazine?
there is no games workshop without the ORKS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAKT!! Orks remove mass casualties with a shovel, but the tide should still be enough to hurt your foe

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
From the depths of my brain. I wanted more realistic vehicles as I prefer building them so giving the Mob a scrapyard and an abandoned Imperial outpost seemd a good way. I wanted a Mek in charge to begin with so I could have a leaning towards vehicles and because I wanted to build a Battlefortress first. The rebuilding of a nearly wiped out group gives me the chance to have Orks from all the factions coming together and try out lots of different things It also echos my Puppies, who have an ex Iron Priest leading them

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
Bit more, basic structure for the wheel arches and straightened out the front bulkhead

Posted Image

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
This is coming together nicely the chassis and the wheel arches look really good! recently i have been looking at using your template to make some rocket buggies for my ork recon force. iam looking forward to seeing how this progresses cheers :cheers
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
Truckbed

Posted Image

and beginnings of the front

Posted Image

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
So more on the cab and a choice for the bumper:

Chunky beam bumper

Posted Image

or speedy boyz racer

Posted Image

Couillu

Couillu

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Dorbad grimstuff'z boyz
Oh God! The second one is awesome ! :) Really like where this is going! Will follow this thread! :)

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
Yeah the cab looks really cool especially the front mud guards and grill, but i reckon some sort of bull bars would look good on the front high up so the head lights shine through them i think having them too low will hide the nice detail of the springs keep up the good work cheers :cheers
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

YoungWolf7

YoungWolf7

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 97 posts
  • Army Name:Red Jawz Rippaz
I like the I-beam bumper. It just screams "Hick truck" to me. :thumbs

Warboss Waaazag

Warboss Waaazag

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 297 posts
  • Army Name:Yrakz Shootaz & Waaaagh! Waaazag Da Kan't Stoppable!
I gotta agree with the YoungWolf, I like the chunky beam bumper. To me it seems more orkish and brutal. Not slick like the other one.
My semi-regular Badmoon/Dethskullz Army blog

My "other stuff" thread.

Like my stuff? Why not Commission Me to make something for you?

Warboss Waaazag da Kan't Stoppable's Personal Waaagh!
W/D/L
3/1/1