Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
Here is mY gargant! He is my old paintscheme so he doesn't match my Deffskull bloo but he can still stomp.

Posted Image

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Yikes with all the gargants and titans there's not going to be any space left to set up troops! Pinged dakkabu on Facebook the other day and he confirmed he would be there. Haven't heard anything from Ein lately, but I'll give him a shout. I also recall someone from down MD way posting in the M.G. recently saying they would be going to Orkfest. Can't recall who it was though and can't find the post. *sigh* Old age setting in... I'm shocked that we're down Ork players. I will PM Bellygrub and see if he can make it out. I know he's local. Any luck with getting Sproston out for the day? MTD is unfortunately otherwise occupied this Saturday. :( C'mon people, can I get a "Waaaagh!"?
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts
  • Army Name:jack's ork army
give me a "W"...!!!! this sounds like an absolute riot, shame I live accross the pond, still, I know the queen so.... life equals itself out ;)
QUOTE (Kingh on paroxyism vs waaagh banner.)
This is just further proof that none of the 5th Ed Codexes received any play-testing beyond Mat Ward running around the building with a Land Speeder model whilst screaming 'VROOM VROOM'

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM
paintbrush 2010 kill count:

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
I'm coming from MD with my Kult of Speed. :dakka Gotta do something different on my birthday, after all. :cheers Oh, and I'm bringing my son, who doesn't have any troops and hasn't played much, but he's readin' up on Orks now. So if you need him to push stuff he can, or I'll divide my stuff in half so he has somethin' to play with.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
@burad - I'll have a smallish detachment of gitz your grot can push around if needed. Mite even throw him a supa-'eavy ta do some krumpin with.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
I am very sad that I will not be there. Have fun everyone and please take lots of pictures. That also means you should remember to charge your cameras.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
burad, yeah that's the git! Glad to have ya on board. I'm sure we can find some boyz for your grot to maim 'umies wif. Just got back from the Realm. We've got some of our local greenskins back on the green side. They wuz gonna play for the 'umies to even things out, but it seems we'll need them as proppa ladz afterall. MTD's got it spot on... remember yer cameras and remember to bring lots of batteries for 'em! Gonna miss ya, MTD. Rumor has it that a certain Imperial player had it out for you. And now that you're out of the fight, he's givin' it a miss as well. Sad cuz I think round two woulda had me larfin so 'ard it'd a had me wettin' me pants.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
You mean of the blood angels type? Still? All it took was a mine field to shut him down. EDIT: and Dakkabu barfing a green tide on him.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
It is going to be close but I think we will have enough Ork players. I'm going to set aside some loaner troops in case we need to fill in some odd points or someone needs the models. I'm finishing up the last of the objectives for the game as well as getting some paint on my Imperial buildings. ORK TOWN is in good shape though I really wish we could loot Gaf Naz's spiffy townhall for it. We got an influx of buildings from Scarpia so we have a good number of scenery pieces for the town. WAAAGH! da getting it all ready is half the battle
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
Just a fair warnin'...my orks are a KoS; there's noithing bigger than a battlewagon. So the toe-to-toe titan slugfests will have to be y'all. 'Course, dat means I can get out in front and get stuck in' huh? Or go for a flank. If'n there's a flank.....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
My only rebuttal to that is... Tankbustaz. Mine took down a titan in one rush. Of course, the titan was foolish enough to remain stationary with tankbustaz in charge range, but the effect was still undeniable.

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
Pictures, pictures, pictures, :thumbs
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
One good thing about Orkfest, it give you a reason to pull out everything and see just how much time and money you've put towards little plastic toys...

Posted Image
Posted Image

And that's not counting about 150 grots, a couple of 2nd ed mobs, some retired vehicles and boxes of stuff waiting to be built. :bang

Anyway, this half is the stuff I'm bringing to play with:
Posted Image

and this half is the stuff I'm bringing to loan out to whoever needs it:
Posted Image

My only footsloggers this year will be a couple units of walkers so anyone that needs extra boyz mobs, lootas, stormboyz, gun batteries or buggies are welcome to them. :thumbs

No to figure out how to get it all there in one piece... :rolleyes

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts

One good thing about Orkfest, it give you a reason to pull out everything and see just how much time and money you've put towards little plastic toys...

Seriously, This is all I am bringing and I still have shelves full of dudes. All my walkers, footsloggers, grots, guns, bikes, all are not getting the green light to travel until I have another army transport :(

So many models!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1472.JPG

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
I'll be intrigued just to see all of our orky goodness fit on the tables. :dakka

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
Well, I'll be loading up my 6500 pts and heading over to the Gamer's Realm in just a few minutes. Setup went very quickly last night and I got to meet and chat with Rabtar and see his bevy of supa-heavies. I got pic of the venue... of course, Hak was still there when I left, so it's highly unlikely that anything will look like it does in the pictures. ;) Look for a full report when it's all over.

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
Thanks everyone for a fun time. My son & had a good game against some good guys who were patient with newbies. :thumbs
Learned a lot; will bring more heavy stuff next time and use all those extra things Hakbash put in the rules. Didn't realize how important all that was going to be. Gonna get my skumgrod buddies to come next time, too. :choppa

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts

Gonna get my skumgrod buddies to come next time, too. :choppa

Have them come but be greenskins for a day.

The imperial side was like an imperial tank parking lot. The last thing they need is more 'ooomies!

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
pictures?
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More coming in a bit: Gotta run outside for a minute
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!