Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
ORKFEST VI THIS TIME ITS WAAAGH!!! "The Ork knows no fear, they cannot be bargained with, they will not stop, for the Orks only drive is warfare, the din of battle is music to their ears, blood shed is as natural to an Ork as the summer rain… Yet they are here which means the ORKFEST is upon us. Woe to those who underestimate the Ork." -Attributed to an unknown Xenos Biologis Tech-priest following ORKFEST I. "Datz roight ya weedy gitz, itz dat time of year wen da Orks krump da oniverse…Make sure ya bring yer choppaz ladz, only way ter be proppa. " - Warlord Hakbash. The planet of Windsor in the Mercer sector has been assaulted by Waaagh Hakbash for over ten years and the Imperium is loosing the never ending battle to the tide of green skins. Every imperial city has already fallen under the iron shod boots of the Ork horde. The last of the Imperial defense forces have holed up in the capitol city of New Windsor. The hive is surrounded by an immense Ork horde. The stalwart defenders are hoping for a miracle to save them. This is going to be the last stand for the brave defenders of humanity. This is the largest Ork invasion of an Imperial world since the Third war for Armageddon. To make matters worse the mighty Ork warlord Ghazghkull himself has entered the fray and his forces have mobbed up with the staggering number of Ork warbands already locked in to the fight. If the Orks win this final battle the planet will be lost to the green skins. If the Imperium can bring in a victory there may still be hope for this embattled world. This ORKFEST shall decide the fate of an entire world. The results of both a mega-BFG game and the Apocalypse mega-battle will determine the next mega-game for 2011. Which will be called either WAAAGHFEST [War of da klanz] and be an Ork forces only apocalypse mega-battle or be titled ORKFEST VII and continue with the usual format. You decide the outcome on June 26th 2010 at the Gamers Realm in West Windsor NJ. The Gamers Realm in West Windsor NJ USA will once again be sponsoring ORKFEST for 2010. Saturday, June 26th, 2010. Set up time starts at 11 am, game starts around 1 pm, game ends around 9 pm. At the Gamers Realm in West Windsor NJ. [www.gamersrealm.com] Princeton Arms Center 2025 Old Trenton Road West Windsor, NJ 08550 (609) 426-9339 Admission is $20.00 for pre-registration and $25.00 at the door. Includes prize raffle and free food. We have a player limit of 50 so preregister if you plan on making a road trip to insure you can get a spot in the game. You can preregister by telephone and pay at the door. Currently there are 39 slots left for players with just a few more weeks before game time. Bring any amount of points for this Apocalypse mega battle. No FOC, no army comp, no limits on number of super heavies. Bring what you can logically play. Unpainted models are allowed but we will be handing out a prize for the best painted army. So get those miniatures painted. :choppa WAAAGH! da offical announcement

Edited by hakbash, 04 June 2010 - 01:54 PM.
Edited post for pre-reg details

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
I'm going this time! No more interference! As soon as you get a date tacked down, I'll put it on my Calendar.
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,747 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Roight, dats wot I need to get me paintin' some orks... Whatcha got for me for speshul projects dis time, Hak?
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
Should be just enough lead time to get an ork or 2 painted. I'm there. I'll pass the word around to the locals.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
Since the orks out here on the west coast can't seem to get organized to have one of these events. I'll have to talk with the Mrz. to see if we might be able to take a summer vaction out that direction once you nail down the date. It will help determine if I can go or if I will still be teaching at the time. I might have to try and convince Rabtar to tag along as well.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
Projects on the drawing board for the next big game. -Finish up planet strike Ork bastions. 2 Bastions and an unkrumpable fortress. 1 is already done. -Paint up all the grots I have lying around and get them slavers. Something in the area of 6 full sized mobs undone. Maybe more. Needed for the apok formation da grot tide. -Finish up my Madboyz mob. -Finish up the codex of da Orkpokalypse. -Finish up the mekboy dragsta that MTD gave me. Just for starters. Mad Grot maybe you can tackle getting the Rebel Grot army up to snuff. I'll give you da list so you can see what units are in it and whatnot. I really want to get some of the old school stuff up and running. I wrote up rules for all kinds of stuff. Like all the Ork epic tanks and super-heavies, old 2nd edition units, gargants, looted vehicles, etc...figure we can use anything ever produced for Orks at any time. WAAAGH! da working out da details
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Any requests? Based on your tasks I can have: 90 grots done 6 dragsters painted, one of each type. My ork bloodbowl pitch painted, would look good as part of orktown Paint the special guns? Bubble chucka, pulsa rockets, buzzer squig catapult Basically something so that every entry of the Orkpokalypse codex is covered? Also 6 shock attack guns with lots o snots--so MG can have the ten gun battery I must get the gargant and stompas painted Edit: Zoinks, I should really read closer.

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
Count me in too. i have 30 grots with 3 herders and a hound i have one overly large SAG for the SAG battery and with enough lead time i can do an Ork Flying Minelayer (from the Apoc book) or an Ork Submersible? dare we have water terrain? (cry me a river :crybaby ) i can also help with terrain this time around (instead of my usual slacking) i also have the only existing Gargantuan Snailgoth (that i know of :biggrin) looking forward to it.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
I should really make it to this. I've got 1000 points of Deffskullz painted up, and I'll be working towards 1000 points of Blood Axes. I might also build some Bad Moons and Rebel Grots, who could make an appearance. Oh, I've got terrain, too. The rough part for me will be convincing anyone in my gaming group to go to Jersey for an Ork-centric event.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
Mike and Andy you guys are the best. :cheers You do what you want to do. I'm not going to put any pressure on you guys...I can abuse Mad Grot because he lives 5 minutes down the road but you guys cant just pop over for a cup of tea and chat about ORKFEST plans. I wish we could that would be great. If you guys just show up with no models I'm happy enough to lend stuff out and have a good time. If you finish up some cool models or terrain bring it out and we will use it. The Orky artillery and dragstas are probrobly the only thing I'm lacking though I have 3 squig katapults with grot crews all painted and ready to roll. I have 2 SAGs and 25 snotling bases, Mad Grot has 1 SAG, MTD 6 SAGs and snots, GM 1 big SAG, if Ein comes out with his SAG gun we got a hell of a battery of SAGs going on. [That looks like lotz to me ;) ] I'm going to try and get some water terrain into the mix for you GM. I have an assault sub-truk painted and ready and might even have Da RED ORKTOBER finished by then as well to add to the water assault. so a water assault may indeed be in there. What we really need are some skumgrods...we are starting to outnumber the gitz. We need DakkaBu to spread da word to the Jersey Shore hobbies gitz and stir up the skumgrods. If we dont get enuf skumgrods you all noze wotz gonna happen roight? Were gonna start without em. :choppa WAAAGH! da stir up some skumgrods

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
As long as it's not the weekend of June 12-13 I'm in. I can toss another SAG on the pile, add at least another 90 grots + slavers/hounds, bring da airforce back again and of course the Orkerprise will have to have anuver go. :thumbs As far as skumgrods go Dan just moved into the area over there (Foxwoods) so I'm sure Fred will be available again.

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
Given the right weekend, (and suitable terrain for them), I have a 6000+ point Kult of Speed that can do a movement to contact while the heavies come up behind for a deliberate attack.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Hmm, we need a date Hakky! I can probably get plenty of Skumgrods. These no good gits around here don't play proppa armies, even if they are proppa ladz!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
Ok working on a solid date. I'll get more once I run it by the store manager. So far I have the following information. 20 bucks a head, store credit prize raffle, dinner included, if we get 20 or more pre-registrations for the event we are getting a hall or a vacant store to run the mega-bash in. There will be a beach head assault just for General Malaise. Means I need to finish up da RED ORKTOBER super-heavy assault sub. I got the special secondary orders just about done. The plan is for the generals to hand them out along with strategems for the game. We are volunteering Mad Grot again this year as the Ork boss. I'm going to try and get Kensai or Shas O Bob to head up the skumgrods but I have not run it by them yet. WAAAGH! da date is forthcomming

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa
Darn it, I really wanna attend one of these as they sound like loads of fun, just not able to get the cash together for a trip to the states for a weekend of orky goodness...am I wrong, or was there a UK eddition at some point?
I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g

Darn it, I really wanna attend one of these as they sound like loads of fun, just not able to get the cash together for a trip to the states for a weekend of orky goodness...am I wrong, or was there a UK eddition at some point?

Mmm there is, in the same section just 2 topics down...

Waaagh UK Meet 2010
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts

There will be a beach head assault just for General Malaise. Means I need to finish up da RED ORKTOBER super-heavy assault sub.

WAAAGH!

i am beyond excitement. :biggrin

-Keane

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
I do apologize but, I read that as "beyond excrement" and strangly, that doesn't actually change the meaning of the General's sentiment.

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
hmmmmm.................
meh.

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts

I do apologize but, I read that as "beyond excrement" and strangly, that doesn't actually change the meaning of the General's sentiment.

i am both beyond excitement and excrement.

i still have a little wee though in case more good news comes down the pike. :cheers

-Keane