Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlewagon conversion from landraider log

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz
hey guys, i picked up a landraider the other day which i am going to convert into a BW (badmoon). the BW will carry 10 burna boys and a Mek with KFF. Therefore i shall be painting flames and having become the 'mek' BW with gubbinz and bitz everywhere. (there will be a total of 3 BW's in my army).

So I started with the tracks and as it is 'looted' and orky i went with a bit of battledamage which the grotz had then repaired.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I then added a floor pannel where the krew will be (will be detailed later). I will leave some space for a big gun ( probably a forge world one).
(excuse the elastic bands holding it together)
Posted Image

here a quick sketch of what i would like to do.
Posted Image

I am planning to have a cabin that is at the front of the tank. this will then have a deffrolla coming off it. I got the front piece of the Landraider and it worked pretty well. I then got the turret from the stompa kit that is meant to go on his right shoulder and it fit perfectly into the gab.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I then made some big orky exhausts which will stick out the back.
Posted Image

well thats it for now more to come.

C&C welcome :cheers

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
Not a bad start there! Wouldn't have guessed the Stompa's turret thing fitted right in to the Land Raider's front turret slot. How did you make that wheel in the repaired section? Im guessing the suspension is from the Trukk kit, but the wheel looks like a kustom job. Keep going, it's looking pretty good so far. :thumbs
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

How did you make that wheel in the repaired section? Im guessing the suspension is from the Trukk kit, but the wheel looks like a kustom job.

wheels are from a lego kit :biggrin

Aslomov

Aslomov

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
Good use of the Lego wheels! :thumbs Wish i kept my Lego from when I was younger :sowhat The cabin idea is sorta what I was planning for mine too, so I'll probably wait a bit and see how you do yours :lol Good start btw though!
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only little plastic men.

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
I'd turn it around and have th eback be the new front...
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

I'd turn it around and have the back be the new front...

i have seen a lot of people who have done this and i did some sketches before i even started of the bw front and back forward and the front worked better with what i wanted to do with the cabin and exausts.

I know that is makes it look like it is going faster when you put it backwards. but it wouldn't work that well
thanks

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
update:
done some more work.
done some work on the cabin getring it the right size . I then added a light and a plow wth some big metal jaws on:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I added the smoke stacks/exhausts onto the back. added some chain to add some character. the pannel off the back is where are grot will probably stand.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have been working on the floor, adding some scrap metal (minus rivets)
Posted Image

and then a dead beakie to go on the plow at the front (tired on as a trophy)
Posted Image

more updates soon along with more pics

C & C welcome thanks

pmavoider

pmavoider

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
the whole thing looks good i really like the plating i have a raider on the way so i will be watching closely to see how yours comes out.

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
Actually... question. Where do the boyz get in and out? The sides, im guessing. Not planning on making a frontal assault ramp, or a deff roller/drivers cabin that flips up? Probabbly too late to change things now, but it's worth asking. ;)
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

Savage

Savage

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
i love it, looks good and proppa
Right ladz, time to get stuck in...
Sorry, Waaagh policy... no pics in sigs, including dragon eggs... -da HQ

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
Ok another update.
I have added more armour plates to the side, notice the magnet at the front for the deff rolla.
Posted Image

Where do the boyz get in and out? The sides, im guessing. Not planning on making a frontal assault ramp, or a deff roller/drivers cabin that flips up? Probabbly too late to change things now, but it's worth asking

well they will be coming out the sides from the top and inside. I have added a ladder here. made from staples good question. thanks
Posted Image

The other side (without rivets)
Posted Image

added a BW comander.
Posted Image

spent a while adding rivets to the flooring
Posted Image

C&C welcome i shall do another update either tomorrow or Wednesday.

thanks

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
OK, after a busy week I did some work on the BW.

Started on the deffrolla
Posted Image
The arms are then magnetized onto the side of the landraider.
Posted Image
I also got to work on putting panels on the other side of the Bw and also having panels which give a bit of protection to the boys on the top.
Posted Image
Added the two big shootaz to the turret and then two more bigshootaz on each side (see first pic)
http://i81.servimg.c...70/s1057413.jpg

in another note my forge world stuff arived (this won't be used on this looted landraider bw but on another GW one, but that will be another thread)
supa kannon
Posted Image
Ork halftrakk
Posted Image

C&C welcome