> Mousekillers Orc and Goblin Army
mr_maxime
post Nov 21 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #41

'Ard Boy
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 1,457

these are excellent. the skin on the squigs is exceptionally well done.

--------------------
here's why my orks are blue. they have an intense hatred of historical recording of any kind which results in none of them knowing why they're blue. because of this, anytime anyone questions the origin of their skintone they waste no time adding the inquirer's head to their bosspole. no one will ever know why these orks are blue, as merely asking about it is a death wish. in the end there will be only 3 types of people left, the blue orks, those who don't want to know the history of the blue skin, and the dead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mik McMok the Me...
post Nov 22 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #42

Flash Git

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 11,796

some exceptional work there, i love the whole holoweenesque (autumnal) colour theme of the army, looks really good. What colours do you use? Individually some really good models here. Even the wolfriders which is a model i usually dont like look great in this case. Very well done. Makes my own Goblin hordeseem poor ...i'll just slink into a corner now and sulk if you dont mind! crybaby.gif

--------------------
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

+Quote Post
mousekiller
post Dec 12 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #43

Mimic Squig

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 4,268

Been a week or so since my last update on any of the logs, so I am posting an update to Skarsnik. As far as the other projects go...

First rank of dwarf slayers is almost done... getting into the metal bits now which always seem to take forever. Also, lots of little details in these guys, so I definitely don't want to rush them and miss something smilingOrk.gif
Third rank of spiece of panzee dungons are almost done... I think I get the most bored painting these because they seem so... plain I suppose... all bone and metal.
Fourth and last rank of Handgunners are primed and ready to paint, but haven't started yet.
First rank of Beasts of Chaos Gors are base coated.
Third rank of Chaos Marauders are being assembled.
First rank of Ogres are almost done... lots of fiddley bits to be painted on these.

In any case, on with Skarsnik... pretty much just the base of the skin is done... haven't done any washes yet, which will help to bring some variety into the skin itself.

Anyway, hope to have more updates soon!

mr maxime: Thanks mate! Hope I don't disappoint with this HUGE squig!

McMok: Sulking is a very goblinisque trait! For the skin of the Squigs, I start with a base of Dark Flesh, and work it up into an off white color... on the green ones I start with Camo Green and work it up to an off white color as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Worboss Skrewakk...
post Dec 16 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #44

Yoof

Member No.: 7,852

Skarsnik is looking pretty damned nice right about now haha, well done sir.

--------------------
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

+Quote Post
Worboss Skrewakk...
Post #45

Yoof

--------------------
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

+Quote Post
Worboss Skrewakk...
Post #46

Yoof

--------------------
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

+Quote Post
mousekiller
post Jan 8 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #47

Mimic Squig

Just a small update... definitely not as much time as I would have liked to have spent painting the last two weeks. Oh well...

Anyway, did the robes. I think the red is going to need a lot more work. Also, started the scales on Gobbla... though I have to admit, they are shaped a little strange, hard to figure where to apply the highlights (either from the center out, which did not seem to work, or just highlight the outside and let the shade be in the center).

For the other armies:

Empire: On the third highlight of red... should be finishing that side soon and then will start on the yellow.
Ogres: These were all in various stages of completion from the work I had done on them last year, so just trying to get the front rank all up to the same level. Worked on the striped pants (purple done, need to do the Khaki). Also, did a lot of the wraps and leather bits... trying a reddish leather on these ones.
Dwarfs: Haven't really touched these guys since starting the green in there hair. Probably subconsciously waiting to get the empire guys to the point where I do the blue ammo rounds to do the blue body paint.
Mortals of Chaos: Actually pulled them off the shelf... did a bit of placement on the base that I had constructed last year. Should be ready to pin and prime soon.
Beasts of Chaos: Nothing, enough said.

Assembly: So, this week I brought the hobby to the living room (to the chagrin of my wife). Usually we watch an hour or two of TV at the end of the day before going to bed and rinse repeating the next day... so I thought it would be wise to do some simple construction anSd multi task this quality time with my loving wife. No really hard to pin models, just plastic kits, finecast (my first), and some forgeworld stuff that "she" was nice enough to get me for christmas. Anyway, assembled quite a bit (next to my poor showing in painting). 2 Ogre Kingdom Mournfang Cavalry (why only two models in the box is beyond me... at least give us enough models for a command group), Tomb Kings Necrosphynx (I really like this model), Ogre Kingdoms Golgfag Maneater (first finecast model... not bad except the items that should be rigid are a bit flimsy, like the sword... why not just stick to plastics GW?), Tomb Kings Apophas, Tomb Kings Lichepriest, Chaos Lord on Manticore (I have to admit that the manticore is a bit silly looking, but the package comes with enough bits for two full rider variants, so the other rider will likely get mounted on a reaper dragon down the road), Ogre Kingdoms Iron Blaster, Forgeworld Lietpold the Black (very nice model), Forgeworld Kazyk the Befouled on Rotbeast (not as good of quality and came missing the right arm bit), Arachnorak Spider with Flinger (this one was quite the construction project to put together, but definitely worth the time), Finecast Herald of Tzeentch (same issue, his rod looks limp), and 5 Seekers of Slaanesh.

Skrewkaka: Thanks mate!
smilingOrk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mousekiller
post Jan 8 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #48

Mimic Squig

Just a small update... definitely not as much time as I would have liked to have spent painting the last two weeks. Oh well...

Anyway, did the robes. I think the red is going to need a lot more work. Also, started the scales on Gobbla... though I have to admit, they are shaped a little strange, hard to figure where to apply the highlights (either from the center out, which did not seem to work, or just highlight the outside and let the shade be in the center).

For the other armies:

Empire: On the third highlight of red... should be finishing that side soon and then will start on the yellow.
Ogres: These were all in various stages of completion from the work I had done on them last year, so just trying to get the front rank all up to the same level. Worked on the striped pants (purple done, need to do the Khaki). Also, did a lot of the wraps and leather bits... trying a reddish leather on these ones.
Dwarfs: Haven't really touched these guys since starting the green in there hair. Probably subconsciously waiting to get the empire guys to the point where I do the blue ammo rounds to do the blue body paint.
Mortals of Chaos: Actually pulled them off the shelf... did a bit of placement on the base that I had constructed last year. Should be ready to pin and prime soon.
Beasts of Chaos: Nothing, enough said.

Assembly: So, this week I brought the hobby to the living room (to the chagrin of my wife). Usually we watch an hour or two of TV at the end of the day before going to bed and rinse repeating the next day... so I thought it would be wise to do some simple construction anSd multi task this quality time with my loving wife. No really hard to pin models, just plastic kits, finecast (my first), and some forgeworld stuff that "she" was nice enough to get me for christmas. Anyway, assembled quite a bit (next to my poor showing in painting). 2 Ogre Kingdom Mournfang Cavalry (why only two models in the box is beyond me... at least give us enough models for a command group), Tomb Kings Necrosphynx (I really like this model), Ogre Kingdoms Golgfag Maneater (first finecast model... not bad except the items that should be rigid are a bit flimsy, like the sword... why not just stick to plastics GW?), Tomb Kings Apophas, Tomb Kings Lichepriest, Chaos Lord on Manticore (I have to admit that the manticore is a bit silly looking, but the package comes with enough bits for two full rider variants, so the other rider will likely get mounted on a reaper dragon down the road), Ogre Kingdoms Iron Blaster, Forgeworld Lietpold the Black (very nice model), Forgeworld Kazyk the Befouled on Rotbeast (not as good of quality and came missing the right arm bit), Arachnorak Spider with Flinger (this one was quite the construction project to put together, but definitely worth the time), Finecast Herald of Tzeentch (same issue, his rod looks limp), and 5 Seekers of Slaanesh.

smilingOrk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mousekiller
post Jan 23 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #49

Mimic Squig

So, here is the promised update on Skarsnik. Started to re-hit the scales, found a few examples online that were decent (could not find any that blew me away, which makes me think that the scales are just a bit odd). Also, started on the weaponry, still more work to do with aging, scratching, and generally beating it up. Also, did the black portion of the robes.

So, what else is going on...

Skaven: My newest army to start... the Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror from Forge World. He is all put together, just doing the last sculpting bits for the base and should be ready for his cameo, then on to primer.

Mortals of Chaos: Primed the third rank of marauders and got the first layer of skin and metallics done.

Dwarves: Almost complete on them, just need to kick myself in the arse to get em done.

Vamps: cryork.gif

Daemons: Will post a pic soon on what the Daemon Prince looks like as I get ready to re-start him.

Beasts: Not much since last update. Need to get at least a test model done smilingOrk.gif

Ogres: Haven't touched them much lately, though every time I sit down they are staring right at me.

Assembly: Not much here... finished the first two of three Bloodletters mounted on Juggernauts. Spending most of the "quality time" in front of the TV with the Skaven Warlord base.

Thats it for now smilingOrk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mousekiller
post Mar 19 2012, 05:37 AM
Post #50

Mimic Squig

The greatest goblin to ever grace the world with his cunning wickedness... I give you Skarsnik, Warlord of the Eight Peaks.

I am pretty satisfied with how this model came out, and I don't say that much about my stuff. I hope you enjoy him as much as my shelf will smilingOrk.gif

VOTE AT CMON: SKARSNIK AND GOBBLA

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karolek
post Apr 27 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #51

Puffball Fungus

Member No.: 9,948

Keep doing a great job mousekiller you are great painter smilingOrk.gif
Those big, walking mushroom look amazing. I never seen those models before. I wish to create goblin army like this, but at the time O&G armies are unable to play without Orcs... ehh WFB pphhtork.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:39 AM