Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finished 1750 Speed Freaks Army

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da Supa Novas
So I've just recently completed my 1750 Speed Freaks Army. I've never actually FINISHED an army before, I'm pretty stoked about it so I thought I'd share some pictures:

The Army:
Posted Image

Da Trukk Boyz Squad A
Posted Image

Squad A Nob
Posted Image

Da Trukk Boyz Squad B
Posted Image

Squad B Nob
Posted Image

Da Trukk Boyz Squad C
Posted Image

Squad C Nob
Posted Image

Trukk A
Posted Image

Trukk B
Posted Image

Trukk C
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Trukk C Engine Detail: I got this kit second-hand and it was missing the engine block. I replaced it with a fish'ead Ion Cannon for that good ol' V-6 look!
Posted Image

Da Bike Boyz
Posted Image

More Bike Boyz!
Posted Image

Bike Boyz' Nob Detail
Posted Image

Nob Squad of Doom Group Shot
Posted Image

Nob with Big Choppa 1
Posted Image

Nob with Big Choppa 2
Posted Image

Nob with Big Choppa 3
Posted Image

Nob with Big Choppa 3 Detail
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Nob with Choppa 1
Posted Image

Nob with Choppa 1 Detail
Posted Image

Nob with Choppa 2
Posted Image

Nob with Choppa 3
Posted Image

Nob with Choppa 3 Detail
Posted Image

Nob with Power Klaw 1
Posted Image

Nob with Power Klaw 2
Posted Image

Nob with Power Klaw 2 Detail
Posted Image

Waaagh! Banner Bearer with Power Klaw
Posted Image

Waaagh! Banner Close-up
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Pain Boy
Posted Image

Grot Orderly
Posted Image

Grot Orderly Close-up
Posted Image

'Urty Syringe Close-up
Posted Image

Da Doktar is in!
Posted Image

Warboss with Cybork Body
Posted Image

Warboss Right
Posted Image

Warboss Left
Posted Image

Warboss Front
Posted Image

Warboss Back Detail with "Go Fasta!" Button
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Warboss Arm Detail
Posted Image

Warboss Arm Detail 2
Posted Image

Warboss Arse (or Engine Detail, you pick)
Posted Image

Now, I have to admit, the next model was not converterd by me, it was done by a friend (DakkaDan). But I managed to get it off him before he sold his Speed Freaks and painted it up myself.

Wazzdakka Gutsmek
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Left
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Left Detail
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Right
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Right Detail
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Front
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Front Detail Left
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Wazzdakka Front Detail Right
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Rear Detail Left
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Rear Detail Right
Posted Image

Wazzdakka Detail
Posted Image

Ammo Runt Counters
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Objective Markers
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
Here's the Army List:

Wazzdakka Gutsmek

Warboss - Big Choppa, Ammo Runt, Attack Squig, Bosspole, Cybork Body

Nob Squad of Doom!
Nob - Power Klaw, Kombi-Skorcha, Cybork Body
Nob - Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner, Cybork Body
Nob - Power Klaw, Boss Pole, Cybork Body
Nob - Big Choppa, Kombi-Skorcha, Cybork Body
Nob - Big Choppa, Ammo Runt, Cybork Body
Nob - Big Choppa, Cybork Body
Nob - Choppa/Slugga, Boss Pole, Cybork Body
Nob - Choppa/Slugga, Ammo Runt, Cybork Body
Nob - Choppa Slugga, Cybork Body
Pain Boy - Grot Orderly, Cybork Body

8x Warbikers + Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole

11 Trukk Boyz w/ Choppa/Slugga + Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole, 'Eavy Armor
Trukk w/ Armor Plates, Reinforced Ram

1750 points
2 HQs
5 Troops
5 Scoring Units
3 Vehicles
36 Infantry
21 Bikes
10 Kill Points

And yes, this is a cheese-dickery wound-allocation-abuse army. Strictly for tournament play. I'm currently building a fun/squishy Catachan 'umie army as penance.

Headkeepa

Headkeepa

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 79 posts
  • Army Name:Da Black Slayaz
Great Looking army! Got 2nd for painting in Ohio this past weekend if I remember right. How did you score overall? Tell me how your Nob bikers worked. I'm interested in making a squad myself.
Well, I'm initiaive 2, so you go first...

Throkka

Throkka

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:Throkka's Rebel Lootas
Wow, this is one impressive army. It makes me feel like painting up a force of Speed Freaks myself. Some of your pics are a bit blurry, but you have an awesome paint style. This is a force to be extremely proud of. Job's a good un mate!
"Man is only separated from heaven by that which he will not ramp." -Dr. McNinja

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
12th out of 34 in the tourney. I drew Mech-panzee first round (had some trouble hitting the vehicles in CC, took me til about turn 4 to actually start cracking the troops, he managed to swoop onto an object last-minute and contest for a tie.) Drew Bugs next, and ZOMG STAY AWAY FROM SNIPER-FEXES! S8 Barbed Stranglers pie-plates insta-kill Nob Bikers and S10 Venom Cannons insta-kill Warbosses. I was too cautious and tried to spend two turns dakka-gunning stuff to death while the Sniper-Fexes lit me up. The player was the guy that whooped my arse first round last year, and I was petrefied of his Genestealers. Once I got stuck in, it wasn't too terrible. There's a big difference between 4thE rending and 5thE rending. If I'd assaulted second turn, I'd have won. Third round was Chaos beakie, and I pretty much rolled over him. The Nob Squad worked perfectly. Get the Nobz stuck in as quick as possible, though not with high-initiative things that can insta-kill them or ignore armor saves, (Greater Daemons especially). Spread the wounds out as much as possible, throw insta-kill wounds on models that only have one wound left. Throw single S8 or S9 hits on the Warboss, as he won't be insta-killed by them. Don't forget a Grot Orderly!

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
Wow I really love all of the flames on this army. I also really like the biker with the white strip that goes across the entire bike and him. :lol
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

Kaptin Krunch

Kaptin Krunch

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts
This is probably one of the best looking armies I have ever seen. Congratulations on completing an army!

Mista Syense

Mista Syense

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain Blacklung’s Blue Boot Boyz an’ da Tingut Battlebot Brigade
Wow these look awesome, and sounds like they don't play half bad either, congrats on 12th. I was wondering that Squad B Nob, is that just a black ork head on a normal nob? I was also wondering how difficult it was to make your trucks like that? I'm planning on making some trukks that will look like higgins boats and a set up similar to, if not exactly like that would be a great start!

Kulandini

Kulandini

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
Beautiful paintjobs, great conversions, just wow. I'm working on a speed freaks army myself and this is just a huge source of inspiration. :cheers

Warboss Ooan

Warboss Ooan

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes
Wow! Really impressive army. Both painting and conversions look great. The only thing I don't like is the warboss. From a technical standpoint it is a good conversion and painting is fine, but it just looks too weird for my taste. But that's just a minor complaint on a wonderful army! :thumbs

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
Very cool army. Nice painting and conversions. The trukks look particularly trukk-ish, and the wazzdakka is awesome, I know you didn't make that one but good job snapping him up and the painting has certainly done him justice. It's very cool to see a full army, all painted and all fitting in together. Not something I see too often unfortunately :(

Artsoldier35

Artsoldier35

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 109 posts
  • Army Name:The Orks
Speed-Freakin'-Awesome! This is an awesome looking army both in the conversions and the paint job. Your painting definitely brings the models to a new level. The Wazdakka is out of this world and the Warboss although not mainstream, stands out. I saw that you had some bumps in the road with your tournament performance but I'll bet every single one of your oponents did a second take when you mobilized that force onto the field. Congrats on completing your Army.

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

• Grotz
  • 23 posts

I was wondering that Squad B Nob, is that just a black ork head on a normal nob?

He comes out of the new plastic Nob box. He's the one with the armor plate bolted to his face/head, then I put a gob on him for good measure.

I was also wondering how difficult it was to make your trucks like that? I'm planning on making some trukks that will look like higgins boats and a set up similar to, if not exactly like that would be a great start!

That conversion, (inspired by one of our locals: Phil Corrie) is super easy to do! Build the cab separately from the frame, position it at the front of the frame (I put some layered squares of plasticard between the frame and the cab just to raise it up a bit so the front tires had some clearance. Shaving off the rivets on the frame and underside of the cab seemed to help also). Glue the bed in next. Assemble the engine and it should fit nicely in between the cab and bed. The transmission part may require a bit of trimming/filing. Take the boarding planks and put them on either side of the engine (these require a bit of cutting, especially the one that will go on the side of the engine with the exhaust). Glue the Armor Plates to the boarding planks and you're golden!

Dregdakka

Dregdakka

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Old Dregdakkas Lootz boys - For teefh and gory!
Real nice K.o.S you got there. Like the nobz squad with doc, and the warboss sure looks speedy! Looks like a proppa dakka K.o.S allright! Wants my garbled warband turn all warbiky!
Going trough my Ork Horde I found...

100+ slugga boyz, 40+ shoota boys, 12 warbikers, 6 deffkoptas, 6 trukks, 3 bws, 11 killakans, 3 deffdreds, 12 lootas, 12 burnas, 15 nobs, 4 mega nobs, a stompa?! (when did I buy this?!), 4 groot tanks, fw Supacanon, fw kommandoz, 30+ russian style groots, a looted shadowsword, and about 4 crates of bitz, plasticard, stuff, and halfbuilt stuff... WHEN DID IT BECOME SO MUCH!!!