Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bad Moon Battlewagon

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz
this is one of my battlewagons which will go into my badmoon army. It is mostly complete with a few minor touches to do. The zzap and kannon are both magnetized so can be swapped. The deffrolla is also magnetized along with the reinforced ram.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

C&C welcome
:cheers

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:151st BloodAxe ellite
Very nice work. The weathering is brilliant, as is the interior. The big red buton made me laugh! :D #edit# There seems to be a slight prob with your pics. a few are only half there.... :? :?
"Wake up," He bellowed, giving the Weirdboy two quick slaps on the face. The Weirdboy opened one eye.

"Amber twelve..." said the Human voice. "Squig?" said the Weirdboy.

"No, Not amber twelve, squig, Princeps," said the human voice. "Amber twelve, ten..."

"Squig now!"

"Im sorry, Princeps Marnoc, I'll repeat that. No - I dont know what a squig is."

Story Time!

Throkka

Throkka

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:Throkka's Rebel Lootas
This is a sweet wagon. Your deff rolla is a nice piece and the button is hilarious. Making an opening into the interior was a cool idea. It really does look like this thing's seen some action with the weathering you've done. Job's a good un!
"Man is only separated from heaven by that which he will not ramp." -Dr. McNinja

Sharkai

Sharkai

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Bad moons, and da bad moon rebelion!
Nice stuff! :cheers Love the magnetised stuff, and especially the deffrolla. i must ask though, why paint the inside of the cab and put in an ork when no one's gonna see it?
BAD MOONS!!! - WAAAGH!

the age of the 'umies is over, the time of the orks has come.

Battle log
W/D/L
2/0/1 -I have played loads of other games, but didn't record them.

before there were orks, "Games Workshop" was called "Games Wbeakiehop"

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:151st BloodAxe ellite

i must ask though, why paint the inside of the cab and put in an ork when no one's gonna see it?

Why not? :P :lol
"Wake up," He bellowed, giving the Weirdboy two quick slaps on the face. The Weirdboy opened one eye.

"Amber twelve..." said the Human voice. "Squig?" said the Weirdboy.

"No, Not amber twelve, squig, Princeps," said the human voice. "Amber twelve, ten..."

"Squig now!"

"Im sorry, Princeps Marnoc, I'll repeat that. No - I dont know what a squig is."

Story Time!

Spankyho

Spankyho

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
  • Army Name:Borthug Bonegrata's WaaAaagh
Love the kustom deffrolla, nice work! Why not indeed!

Malakai

Malakai

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 82 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Iron Toof
Wow, cool weathering. I also like the yellow you used. You make a great case for doing a Bad Moon army. :thumbs As for the Deff Rolla, is that a conversion? I seem to remember GW doing a Deff Rolla sprue or something. Am I mistaken?
-Malakai

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god!" -Velvet Acid Christ

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

As for the Deff Rolla, is that a conversion? I seem to remember GW doing a Deff Rolla sprue or something. Am I mistaken?

that is a deffrolla conversion/scratch build.
GW are meant to be making a plastic deffrolla but is coming out apparently in the summer and i couldn't be bothered to wiat some made my own

mr chickle

mr chickle

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts
Great weathering. Looks quite realistic and I agree , why not paint the inside? it adds a bit of spunk to the model. My absolute only criticism would be some of the rather large yellow areas, they would greatly appreciate some black dags/flames. Great model and weathering technique!!!
''It is as inhuman to be totally good as it is to be totally evil.''-Anthony Burgess

"Any Questions? Ja. Why is the top down? Im f*cking freezing."- Amon Goeth (Schindler's List)

mr chickle

mr chickle

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts
By the way, forgot to mention. That red button is ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
''It is as inhuman to be totally good as it is to be totally evil.''-Anthony Burgess

"Any Questions? Ja. Why is the top down? Im f*cking freezing."- Amon Goeth (Schindler's List)

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

Great weathering. Looks quite realistic and I agree , why not paint the inside? it adds a bit of spunk to the model. My absolute only criticism would be some of the rather large yellow areas, they would greatly appreciate some black dags/flames.

yer, i will do this to the side panels at the back as they are looking a little plain.
:cheers

headsamsha

headsamsha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 36 posts
wow that deff rolla is gonna make the beakies go CRUNCHHhow did you make it :?
o i like a bit o dakka inna morninwaaaagh!

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
Very nicely done. Has a nice gritty feel to it, the magnets are a versatile and useful touch and of course the Red Button is brilliant. Consider that idea looted! :D
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

wow that deff rolla is gonna make the beakies go CRUNCHHhow did you make it questionork.gif

the deffrolla is a plastic tube, with plasticard stuck onto it (add a few rivets and spikes). the two 'bars' are made from platicard and then a (dare i say it) lego suspension things that worked great

Very nicely done. Has a nice gritty feel to it, the magnets are a versatile and useful touch and of course the Red Button is brilliant. Consider that idea looted! CoolOrkDark.gif

thanks

Gobsmakk'd

Gobsmakk'd

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 548 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ska' Vengaz (Deff Skullz)
Very nice BW MasterOwen, fairly stock but the little extra touches really add to it. Pity you didn'y get it entered in the BW komp. "Why detail the interior?" - as you said, why not? I did much the same with mine, it's such a sweet model in all other respects, why would you leave the cab empty when it's a great opportunity to try your skills and add some character? I also wanted a removable roof because of some gitz 'n gubbinz that're permannently attached on my roof, and removing it would thus be best for transporting it. And 'dat button' is da best, brilliant :thumbs The rest of your paint job is pretty good too, luv'ly weathering effects. I don't know why so many members are waiting for the GW deffrolla upgrade sprue when so many people can clearly and easily make a perfectly krumpy one of their own. Job's definitely a gud 'un :cheers

GorFrag

GorFrag

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,044 posts
  • Army Name:135th BoneEaters
I really dig that desert mustard color for your yellows! Good work on the rust too!
Set all weapons to "WAR CRIMES".

BIG MEK DAKROK

BIG MEK DAKROK

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:grot rebelz
beautiful wagon mate! :love could you possibly share your weathering technique wiff us? and where is the ork in the cab from? i dont think one comes with the BW kit, but i could be wrong. -DAKROK
WAAAGH! 'UGEMAW
1000 points so far

WARBOSS 'UGEMAW'S KILL KOUNT:12
chaplain
3 tactical Beakies
1 veteran Beakie
4 TH/SS termies (1 in the shooting phase!!)
1 chaos vindicator
2 chaos Beakies

needskonstruktion

needskonstruktion

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 490 posts
  • Army Name:Da kombined Waaagh of Warboss Bob
I think it is from an AoBR deffkopta, though not sure because I have never bought one of the new battlewagons. Nice work though, ork could use a little more depth but the BW colour is just right :thumbs
Korprul' konstrukt, Lad uv da dreadsokk korpz - Fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa
QUOTE (Sproston Green @ Oct 2 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my expierence it's been all about the trousers.

QUOTE (Warboss-Keg @ Feb 28 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
urinating in my pants because I just can't be bothered to zip down my fly

QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Nov 16 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you need to get a firm hold on those breasts and do something with them.

My Daemons - Please look! http://www.heresy-on...nacious-bob.htm

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

where is the ork in the cab from? i dont think one comes with the BW kit, but i could be wrong.

I think it is from an AoBR deffkopta, though not sure because I have never bought one of the new battlewagons.

The driver is from the ork trukk, nice guess though :D

could you possibly share your weathering technique wiff us?

i used a 'stiple' effect with a dried tank brush. just dab around the corners and edges, start with dark flesh, then boltgun do a few layers to give it a rusty effect and its done. quiet a simple effect really