Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[WIP] Da resin DEFF WAGON ! By Cyroul and PeaceKraft

* * * * * 9 votes

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

Da Resin Deff Wagon by Cyroul & PeaceKraft

Hi there !!! We are so happy to present you our first, and not last I hope, collaborative project.

Introduction
Some of you may know me thanks to this great forum, and particulary my passion for plastic card and ork stuff. Like most of you, I spend all my free time in my workshop crafting unique pieces. Some months ago, a question raised in me like a gork vision: what if I will be able to make copies of some part of my creations in order to save some time for other work ??? ... classik things like wheels, tracks, turrets, guns and more. Some of these items are used more than one time in a project and need to be identical, like wheels. That was the starting point of this project... Then I lurked on internet to know more about cast and mold for small models. I bought samples, tried, failed, tried again, again and again. Then I reached with a lot of work, time and money a point of quality that satisfied me. And the project could begin...

The Team : Cyroul and PeaceKraft
To tell the truth, I love produce a thing more than create it. Clearly, I needed a muse to create me some original sketches that I would be able to produce for ourself. So I put myself hunting for the right guy. I found him. Who? an awesome member of this forum of course, as passionate as me: PeaceKraft. You can easily find some of his very fine work on this forum. I don't need to say that he is a great drawer, i'm really happy to work with him, and for that, I would like to thank you !

Disclaimers
Every single thing which is mold and showed here are designed by PeaceKraft and I, and created, molded and casted by me only. Clearly, my molds are only intended to cast stuff that I created. I've never used copyrighted stuff into creation that was molded.

The original concept
Here are the mains ideas :
  • Ork look and feel
  • Mix of modern and old school
  • Wheels and tracks modular
  • Small and large turret compatibility
  • Maximum of accessories sprues like exhausts, glyphs, engine etc...
  • Multipart model
  • Playable in many possibilities : full shoot and/or transport only mode
  • Rhino sized

Posted Image
To summarize, we wanted something modular, 28mm scaled, which can be played in a regular game of Warhammer 40k between a looted wagon and a battle wagon. So here it is! Let's show the rough concept. PeaceKraft did the 3D mock up with Google sketchup.

As you'll see, the real version will keep the same bulky shape... but with far more details of course :)
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
The Wheel

Let's start with the wheel ! It's 35mm diameter and 20mm large. Big enough to make a juicy beakie :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
From left to right : bikes, truck, Battle Wagon and our's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And... the molded one!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Dregdakka

Dregdakka

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Old Dregdakkas Lootz boys - For teefh and gory!
nice stompy size on dem wheels :) I would easily pay for wheel, track & engine gubbinz since I find those the hardest to get. Lets face it, wheels, tracks & engines is what makes or breaks an waaaaagh!!. Can't wait to see the finished one!
Going trough my Ork Horde I found...

100+ slugga boyz, 40+ shoota boys, 12 warbikers, 6 deffkoptas, 6 trukks, 3 bws, 11 killakans, 3 deffdreds, 12 lootas, 12 burnas, 15 nobs, 4 mega nobs, a stompa?! (when did I buy this?!), 4 groot tanks, fw Supacanon, fw kommandoz, 30+ russian style groots, a looted shadowsword, and about 4 crates of bitz, plasticard, stuff, and halfbuilt stuff... WHEN DID IT BECOME SO MUCH!!!

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
More pictures of da wheels :

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a stack'o'wheelz :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin What is greater than a resin wheel for a Mek ??? 10 wheelz of course :cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
alone the wheels are worth the cooperation. and i know lots of people who will order them if available. me too. influenced by the very old battlewagon wheels??
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

92acclude

92acclude

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 292 posts
Will purchase.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Do you have a basic tut on the whole moulding process, I've seen a few methods, but yours seems to produce stuff better than forgeworld. I'd buy some, once a need crops up
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

Gekmek

Gekmek

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Gekmek's Krumpaz
i would definatly purchase a stack of those wheels, and any other orky gubbins and wot-not's that come out of your mekshop :love

92acclude

92acclude

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 292 posts
I just jumped over to your blog. Those tracks are looking great. One suggestion. How about a version with just a set of tracks, more similar to a tank? A set of road wheels, and idler wheel in front and the drive wheel in back, with some guide wheels.

Couillu

Couillu

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Dorbad grimstuff'z boyz
Je me demandais pourquoi il y avait plus de MAJ sur ton blog ;) En tout cas comme d'hab félicitation c'est toujours aussi classe. And go back to work ya lazy git we want to see this thing finished ;)

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

One suggestion. How about a version with just a set of tracks, more similar to a tank? A set of road wheels, and idler wheel in front and the drive wheel in back, with some guide wheels.

Thanks for comments! These tracks are just prototype, I improved myself a lot since these and I will probably re-do them soon with a better fashion. Now I mastered the technic, possibilities are limit less! I have very few free time, and I don't have it right now to do a good tutorial.

I'm taking in consideration your buying proposition and I'm actually studying the best/cheapest way to sell/send it internationally, but it's not the point right now. I want to explore possibilities of multiples patterns for tracks and wheels before jumping in "mold-and-sell" time consuming activities. Just be patient, this time will come sooner than you expect :thumbs

Wait until the end of this project, and you'll see what's coming next for you :biggrin . All I can say is that I have great stuff already on my shelve to show you and I'm eager to uncover them! I've been patiently working in the dark during these last months on this project... and I'm reaching the end :)

Enough teasing :P :P

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 819 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAR!
IIIIITZ ALIIIIIVE! :lol
MUAHahahaha coff coff

...oookay then...
its been quite some time- since january that we've secretly been toiling on this project... actually, Cyroul's been doing all the hard work while i scribbled some doodles, coughed up some half arsed rough ideas and kept feeling proud of myself :P all due credit to the master Plastructor cyroul who came up with this project!
It was a geat process of brainstorming- :! despite my madboy mentality and disordered train of thought, i think cyroul has managed to keep the project on track :) later on you can see that i had many crazy ideas that had to get ditched in favour of more feasable solutions. but nothing keeps other meks from looting them!
feels good to do this, since I have barely touched a model this year, other than my counter ork aid nobz-wich are my duty anyways... and i could use a skill i use everyday and can pull off during office hours, unlike modeling orks. i'm always happy to draw orks a bit since i don't seem to get time to make my actual models.... :lol
@docnuk: i've been drawing orks but almost zero modeling- your secret stuff is next on the list in standby for after i deliver my graduation finak work in a couple of months... Zog, you come after that! gee i'm late on everything i start :blush

anyways, i have been making many concepts for this project, and its hell of a lot more than what was produced for my killer kan concepts (and thats quite a bit me thinkz...) so this blog will recieve many many modeling updates and concept art in due time- me and me partner have decided to unveil the pics slowly and regularly instead of avalanching stuff-it has indeed been a long process with many pics since the beginning of this year. and yes... this is just a teaser, we are actually waaaaay ahead, and if you think the wheelz are kool, just you wait for the rest... ;) i'm currently drooling over the current state of the project - if what we did with the wheels is nice- you'll have a heart attack when you reach the current resin parts ;) :love itz a guud thing it iz!
One of the most important thimng to remember on this project is that its been concieved to be MODULAR- wich means we can assemble the wagons any way we want- with Killkanon or transporty, with 6 wheels or half trakk OR full trakk, open or closed top. we choose , and we can make a full armoured krupany with Lots and lots of variety as we orkzes waz meant to be! of course there still s quite a lot of work to do, but still.... we're getting there :thumbs

So here i'm updating a few of the relevant concept arts of the initial stage (the very beginnings of the project)- there are many more general layout/planning ideas, but we'll keep them for later- my buddy cyroul will update the important resin stuff and we'll try to keep this blog complete together :thumbs

some of the details and ideas at the beginning for wheels and trakks-
Posted Image

the initial Bwagon skethces- we ended up going for looted wagon chassis first, and then we decided
to go Battlewagon afterwards. The current form of the tank has changed quite a lot from these original sketches
Posted Image

these were the first ideas brought to life regarding our locomotion system. we thought that we had
to study long and hard to make the models MODULAR- with multiple possible build configurations-
full trakk, half trakk, all wheeler etc etc.
Posted Image

hope ye folks enjoy! :cheers
meanwhile i kick my drawing grots to cough up a few more sketche si promised cyroul.... :whip

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
amazing stuff from concept to reality -- keep it coming!
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Yes ! PeaceKraft enter the place! :cheers Thanks you to deliver us your good stuff! This guy is crazy when it's about drawing something new, cool and ork of course! :thumbs :thumbs

omgitsduane

omgitsduane

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 550 posts
  • Army Name:Deffwing
I love your art peacecraft! Still inspiring to see each and every time!

da kale

da kale

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 221 posts
I personaly believe that this is what GW should have done from the start with thier orky stuff... bash out a few different options, of tracks and guns and such. I have seen some of your stuff in the past and think that you got skills to pull it off. I got some questions though. how heavy is the resin that it is made out of (dont have any forge world so dotn know). and these bits you are doing, are they interchange-able-ish with the curent ork range?

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
The Wheel/track system you designed is exactly what is needed. It makes a lot of sense and allows for totally uniqueness opposed to the rank and file look of the new BWs.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

I personaly believe that this is what GW should have done from the start with thier orky stuff... bash out a few different options, of tracks and guns and such. I have seen some of your stuff in the past and think that you got skills to pull it off.

I got some questions though. how heavy is the resin that it is made out of (dont have any forge world so dotn know). and these bits you are doing, are they interchange-able-ish with the curent ork range?

It's not that heavy. Like FW, something between 200 and 300gr for a Battle Wagon. To give you a reference, the new battle wagon is 150-170gr, so resin is roughly twice the weight. Like you do, I also think there is a gap beetwen GW's ork and what's possible. Even with lower quality, the first question is variety and modularity.

And yes, bits/gubbins will be interchangeable with well known stuff like GW's. I particularly think to turrets, which is easy to do keep modular with the same diameter. Wheels are drilled with same diameter than BW's.

Like I said, possibilities are limit less. All in all, we are just fans doing stuff for fans like us :biggrin

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Fantastic work both :thumbs Cyroul on da P-card work, and Peacecraft on da amazing sketches (i still got the ones ya did me buddy ;) next to da squiginator :D ) Soon... soon ;) Those wheels are amazing i'll take a Krooza full of em :lol: Cant wait ta see more guys :cheers
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Da Trackz

Posted Image
Both configuration are possibles, slow slope first or last.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I molded a sprue of 24 track links, so that I can in one shot have all links ready for one side.

Posted Image
It's approximatively 21cm long for one sprue, and 15mm large.

Posted Image
The inside of flanc is in progress

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image