> Chopper Class, How are they
Kaptun Krum
post Mar 31 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

ok I took a break for a while and I'm thinking about getting back into playing especially now that the chopper class is out. I got a couple of people wanting me to play WoW as well, but I'm just not sure..

So anyone out there playing a choppa and how does it stack up to the black ork and all?

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jibbers
post Mar 31 2009, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 9,839

Choppas are one the the few destro classes who are in the group of classes that are "considered" OP at the moment, but they're a blast to play. As a dps class, they're obviously a lot squishier than BO's, but with the toughest nerf that the BO's took in the last patch, they're not nearly as tough as they used to be either.

Personally, I'd definitely recommend WAR over WoW. I see WoW as more of a "grind" type game that emphasizes individual combat for PvP and even encourages / rewards twinks, where WAR is more enjoyable to play, and with a PvP focus that emphasizes the group on group combat. I'm sure others may disagree, but I definitely prefer WAR. I think Order has an advantage now, but I think the balance between the factions will go back and forth over time, and the scales may very well tip the other direction with the next patch.

--------------------
Eventually, most shamans end up as blobs of boiling flesh upon the floor, oozing with ectoplasm as they were overwhelmed by the energy. Their violent and sudden deaths seldom take only one life and entire mobs of greenskins can be turned to charred flesh in the blink of an eye, so goblin shamans are even feared and respected in greenskin society.

+Quote Post
40kDad
post Mar 31 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Burna Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 541

I actually rolled a Blorc a few weeks prior to the Choppa invasion partly because so many gits was talking about rolling the Choppa. I have a lvl 40 squiggy, but he seems to be road kill way to much so I wanted something 'arder.

I can a test to the Blorc not being as 'ded 'ard as he used to be, but that's OK. Mythic shall swing the pendulum back some day and I am having a blast getting up close and personal.

I can say the Choppa is flat out amazing. I can grab a hold of a champ or hero and bash away til my mouse hand bleeds from clicking the keys so many times. BUT, when a Choppa comes up and helps I barely get to swing before the "goody two shoes" is toast.

So if ya want some killing goodness and some fast paced play, try the Choppa.

I have not played WOW, but I can attest to WAR being a group / party oriented game. While I have played the PvE a fair amount, the game play is much more fun with at least 1 other class, even in PvE.
PvP gets to be great fun when you get with a group that has good leadership and the ability to follow orders. We regularly fly between zones looking for Order warbands to take on and take out. Many times we are victorious, and sometimes we respawn and charge in a new direction.

There can be little to a lot of RP in the groups with some players showing a scary identification with their in-game character. This also leads one to search out groups to interact with as you go merrily along bashing stunties and umies. Da panzees are so squishy, we usually don't even mention them.

The nice thing about this particular time is the release of the Choppa and slayer has brought a lot of people into the lower tiers of the game as they lvl alts. Making for a rich target environment.

The crafting portion of the game is very limited. Not much interaction or ways to make lots of gold. You get most of what you need by just going around krumping stuff. If you want to spend time growing seeds or scavenging corpses, there is that ability, but mostly you will be out bashing things.

This is my first MMO so I cant compare it to anything, but I find that I can have fun bashing other players, bashing the environment or just going around trying to find all the easter eggs they have hidden.

A bit of a warning, Mythic does not have everything balanced right now. They are kind of feeling their way along and each patch adds new things to deal with, whether it be new nerfs or buffs to player types, mucking with the crafting professions, changing the "end game" dynamics, etc. So if you can not deal with changes, then you might want to try something else, but if you like a little variety then definitely give it a 10 day trial.

+Quote Post
Kaptun Krum
post Mar 31 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

WAR was my first MMO as well. I really like it, but something about the servers going down for pop control worries me about how long the game is going to last.

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

+Quote Post
40kDad
post Apr 1 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #5

Burna Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 541

So it may not last,eh. At least its fun krumping stuff while it lasts. Just don't buy their 3 month pre-paid cards. lol

Hope you come back. If you do look up Manik... I have manikmorgit(SH), manikdoc(shammy) and maniktoof(blorc). It makes it easy for me to remember.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:25 PM