Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bad moonz Project log: Stompa and BW

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz
Modeling:Page 1+2
Paint:Page 2-3

Battle wagon: 3+

well here is another stompa thread! i have done a few conversions on my stompa. This is going in my armored vehicle Bad Moonz army.
well here it is. I will also update this topic as updates happen.
Posted Image
i used plasticard to make my own face plate just to convert it a bit. you may also notice a 'ramp' on the stompa's right shoulder (this is for the grot bombs to take off):
Posted Image
The stompa bitz: ( i will stick these on after painting as it will then be easier.)
Posted Image
Boss pole: (still needs some rivets on the bad moon symbol)
Posted Image
Normal belly:
Posted Image
Dakka Belly: (belly gun)
Posted Image
because i haven't put the turret on the stompas shoulder i added an extra one in one of the grot holes:
Posted Image
I added a extra smoke stack from the manufactorum:
Posted Image
I then added a engine from the 'new' ork trukk kit (makes the combat weapon go fasta! :biggrin)
Posted Image

c&C welcome
updates soon
:cheers

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
Magnets
Now onto the magnets.The magnets i used were diameter 6mm width 3mm they are also very strong as well. I then used smaller ones on the gatla.
close combat weapon:
Posted Image
Magnetized onto the shoulder ( i may add two more so i can pose it)
Posted Image
Gatler gun (smaller magnets)
Posted Image
Gun/left arm:
Posted Image
Ammo box:
Posted Image

Last but not least back shot (without crew and grotz)
Posted Image

Ughzagga

Ughzagga

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:killdreg's bloodaxe storm troopaz
i like the belly gun and the plasicard faceplate alot. seeing as you've used magnets you might aswell have a go at building the other options for a kustom stompa, and being badmoons i think you should have a go at a lifta-droppa. hoping to see more soon :D
I'm sick to my feet with all these so called "blood axe" armies around here, with standard AOBR boys with a pink/blue camo painted on 'em... So the more proper bloodaxes, the better =)
- Calle

me boyz | W/D/L
umies | 0/1/2
beakies | 5/7/9
tin 'eads | 0/0/0
fish 'eads | 0/1/3
panzees | 1/0/0
dark panzees | 0/0/0
uva orks | 1/0/2
bugz | 1/2/4
spiky boyz | 2/4/1

Bortok Badgob

Bortok Badgob

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
  • Army Name:The Badgobs
Nice I like the Badd moon back banner
Gobs And Gubbinz fer life

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
Not bad. I wonder if there is anything you could do to make it look like it moves faster, put it on tracks/wheels, booster rockets etc. Something to fit in with your clan. Speed Freaks Bad Moonz? meh each to his own. One thing I would suggest is plating the inside of that belly gun. It just does not look feasible (even given orky know wots) that a gun with a barrel that thin could have such calibre.

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

seeing as you've used magnets you might aswell have a go at building the other options for a kustom stompa, and being badmoons i think you should have a go at a lifta-droppa.

Yer i was thinking the same, i might do this later on though, after i have painted it. :thumbs

One thing I would suggest is plating the inside of that belly gun. It just does not look feasible (even given orky know wots) that a gun with a barrel that thin could have such calibre.

a good point,i have tried to make it a bit thicker but don't want the barrel to get thinner. this is what it looks like, not much thicker (it is ork! what do you expect!)
Posted Image

I have now also magnetized the exhaust stacks (for easy storage and travel.
Posted Image

Thanks for the C&C guys
more to come...

HJL

HJL

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 72 posts
all this use of magnets is giving me so many ideas. i love your gut gun, good job

Grimwall

Grimwall

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Garghbarka
The belly gun just isn't working for me, something that fires projectiles that huge needs a thicker barrel or else the propellant would blow it into a million glowing fragments inside the stompa. The trukk engine, while a novel idea, doesn't seem to actually have a function since it is just tacked on. Overall it's a solid build though, I'll keep an eye out for this build.

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

The trukk engine, while a novel idea, doesn't seem to actually have a function since it is just tacked on.

oh the idea of the trukk engine is to drive the close combat titan weapon (chainsword) i know the drive shaft is the wrong way but it still drive it, the meks have been at work.

something that fires projectiles that huge needs a thicker barrel or else the propellant would blow it into a million glowing fragments inside the stompa.

1)this is warhammer 40k
2)it is orky

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
Nice work on the gun barrel, it looks much better already. :)

oh the idea of the trukk engine is to drive the close combat titan weapon (chainsword) i know the drive shaft is the wrong way but it still drive it, the meks have been at work.

1)this is warhammer 40k
2)it is orky

Well with that reasoning heck why base it in reality at all, lets throw away all the laws of physics and anything that makes sense or that we can relate to. Surrealism ftw!

Deff-by-Dakka

Deff-by-Dakka

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 82 posts

Well with that reasoning heck why base it in reality at all, lets throw away all the laws of physics and anything that makes sense or that we can relate to. Surrealism ftw!

Agreed
It's Orky. At the end of the day, most people don't look at the model and say "That doesn't make sense". Most people will look at it and say "Wow that looks cool!"
Excellent conversion :thumbs
"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy then a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out"
Ork engineering at its finest

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Great job! The magnetizing was done expertly and smartly - not just for future build possibilities but for storage. Very well thought out. I like the bad moon icon you've done, and the belly gun with the armored drop-down door is great.

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
ok i have been working on the stompa again and have been working on the grot rocket laucha (magnetized on):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
the magnets are hidden under the shoulder pad with two small magnets in the ramp.
Posted Image

Once agian thanks for C&C

much, much more to come!!!

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
ok, new update: Crew and Grots :whip
Stompa Kaptin/Mek
Posted Image

Four repair grots,without heads (all pinned into place so can be removed easily):
Posted Image

Converted grot with welder (without head):
Posted Image
Posted Image

C&C welcome :cheers

ZeD

ZeD

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 127 posts
That's awesome, love the welder grot!
"Orks make all kinds a things out of junk, the trick is not to make it look like you made it outta junk and make it look like the orks made it out of junk." -blue2goblin

Dozer - Verb
To roll a 1, with a reroll also resulting in 1, with unfortunate results.
Orig: A Hellhound moves on from reserves in terrain, with dozer blades expected to prevent immobilization. A 1 is rolled, followed by another, and the vehicle is immobilized with the majority of the model off the board, wrecking it.
"Don't dozer, don't dozer....%*#!"
"That must be one nasty shrub"

Worboss Skrewakka

Worboss Skrewakka

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:orks
love it....prime and paint plz XD
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
The Welder Grot is great and I shall be looting it! ;) Nice work so far... but the BellyKannon realy does need its barrel walls thickening IMO. To do this easierly... find a peice of pipe of suitable diametre. Stuff some putty down the end of the kannon and push this thinner pipe into it. This gives to plenty of time to faff about getting it straight. Once happy with its position let the putty set and then fill the gap with more putty. When thats all set you can file down the end of the kannon. Its best to leave about 5mm of extra pipe protruding so it can be filed down... better to be too long then too short ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Sluggard

Sluggard

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
Those grotz look great I'm in agreement the welder is brilliant. Whole build looks very good and well thought out. The one exception for me is the belly gun barrel. i agree with the others the needs a bit more work. Still looks to much like a tube stuck in the belly of a stompy stompa. Thicken the barrel a bit more and some gubbins/rivitz? TBH you may better starting again with slighty thinner tube and building up on the outside. Maybe hydrolics ( to aim/suppress recoil) and other gubbinz. You've got a great build here and would be a shame not to finish it propa. Thats my two teef
Sluggard woz ere

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts

Nice work so far... but the BellyKannon realy does need its barrel walls thickening IMO.
To do this easierly... find a peice of pipe of suitable diametre. Stuff some putty down the end of the kannon and push this thinner pipe into it. This gives to plenty of time to faff about getting it straight. Once happy with its position let the putty set and then fill the gap with more putty. When thats all set you can file down the end of the kannon. Its best to leave about 5mm of extra pipe protruding so it can be filed down... better to be too long then too short winkingOrk.gif

A great idea! :thumbs well this is what i have done (the orange wont be seen after i paint it):
Posted Image

Maybe hydrolics ( to aim/suppress recoil) and other gubbinz. You've got a great build here and would be a shame not to finish it propa.

yer, i need to add some gubbins around the barrel to give it that orkyness, once this is done... onto painting :biggrin

thanks for the C&C guys
C&C welcome

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
Well i have now made the right chain sword arm positionable so i can change the angle. I did this by adding to more magnets:
Posted Image

Position 1:
Posted Image

Postion 2:
Posted Image

C&C welcome :cheers

Now onto painting :biggrin