Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orktimus Prime

* * * * * 8 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
Hi! I just started orks not too long ago, and well, noticed that the ork truck has a trailer connection. That sealed the idea to make my own orktimus. What I needed then was to figure out how to make him. Well I did, and here is an almost finished WIP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And yes, same madscuzzy from BnC.

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
I'm going to need you to get a video camera and record that onto Youtube. You've got plenty of time, don't worry - my mind got blown somewhere around here, and I've got to go find it.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Excellent job! :cheers What did you use to make the ball joints?

orrik

orrik

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
you no i was thinking about doing that only yesterday great job i didnt actually think it would transform but whoa.
New 40k forum come over and have a look.

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
Sweet jesus, what a monster! I second the need for a video to see it transform... ...wow
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Hahaha! Wow! That is amazing! I just thought it was a great looking trukk in that first pic, and then you show that it actually TRANSFORMS?! Very, very cool. How in Gork's name did you do the joints and such to actually reposition him? Magnets? Something more? Maybe give him a wrekkin' ball on the trailer hitch end of him, so that when he transforms you can socket it into the area where his hand would be. Then, when the trukk zooms up for attacks in close combat, you can transform him for a Optimork Prime-sized beat down. Very inspired and just a fist fulla cool.

HVNSNTSOLDIER

HVNSNTSOLDIER

Slugga Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 349 posts
  • Army Name:Grimmek's Gear'eadz
Wow, now thats more than meets the eye (pun intended). Very cool! Now go make his evil nemesis, Morkatron!
The only reason flamethrowers exist is due to the fact that one day, someone asked themself "Hey, I want to see those people over there on fire, but I'm not close enough to get the job done."

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Total bull! You don't see Scarface running around screaming "Say hello to my LITTLE PEN!" now do you?

http://www.magmaker.co.nr/1337-speak
Stop "1337-speak"!

Grimmek's Waaagh Kareer
W:2 T:3 L:9

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts
... !!! Stunning. I had wondered about doing something vaguely similar using the joints from a Lego Bionicle

RandomUsername

RandomUsername

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 431 posts
I also thought it was cool looking trukk- and then I scrolled down and saw the second picture. Overload of awesomeness. :love
''Socializing is what keeps us looking similar to real people.'' -- DAKKABU

Hi, my name's Random and I'm a washoholic...

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
full respect. second ein about a video. if that isn't possible. more pics of different views and in different kinds of unfolding :)
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 211 posts
  • Army Name:Barak Bighornz bad moon bling boyz
Please tell me that this is TWO models! :crybaby If it is how the morking hell and Gorking Frak did you do that!
Well known to his friends and club members as having the worst luck EVER....

Amazing the number of "1"'s I roll...Damn dice gods!!!

Junklord Gorosh

Junklord Gorosh

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
  • Army Name:Da HEAP boyz
All hail Orktimus Prime, the incarnation of the new Ork God! Seriously, this is so good that my little green guys started worshiping him instead of Gork and Mork. Like Ein, the worthless gray mater that once existed in my brain pain has now been splattered all over the back of my chair.
"Direction, for me, encompasses the recognition of the control/beatdown relationship but then breaking it and inflicting the reverse on the enemy so that the outcome is desirable for me. I have to do this because I am using a label whoms perameters are set/limited to a water army and I have to redefine them to suit my own style (what ever it is - we still dont know) A simple actual in game example of this is focus fire or shifting/sliding my forces laterally across the table."
"Thus the quality of the generals has changed, forced or contributed - etc - to the allocation of the beatdown/control relationship through direction and application, which, whilst enhanced by army composition, can be independant of it, or so I believe." -Pronto the 2nd - Denizen of Warseer
http://warseer.com/f...ad.php?t=186062
Yeah, that's why I read Waaagh!!! and not those other forums.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Switches between trukk and stompa, genius! This is definately the best use of the trukk that I've ever seen.
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
The ball joints are similar to those from gundam kits. Yes they do sell them loose, under kotobukiya IIRC. XD Some of the bolts are obtained from there too. I did plan to have a wrecking ball come out from the left arm, but decided not to go with it. The transformation is just a novelty, and prollie won't see much game, so I didn't go that far. A normal wrecking ball would suffice better IMHO.

Sukigod

Sukigod

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,082 posts
  • Army Name:Red Jack's Waaagh!
Holy Mother of Gork!

kernal dragnatz

kernal dragnatz

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
:eek :eek :eek :eek Yes, those smilies were important. Best coversion I have ever seen. Ever. Wow.
Weedy post count but I'm big, mean and green!

Grúbtrak the Atrocious

Grúbtrak the Atrocious

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
That is the best rendition of this I've seen! Do you plan on making a trailer? (I envision this with turrets, gun ports, lobbers, etc.) Oh yeah, a video of the transformation would be great!!!!!!! :biggrin

big boss gold toof

big boss gold toof

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 172 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH .......What ever I feel like at the time !!!
Hot dang i think ive died and gone to Mek heaven :love This is some beautiful work, just hope the paint job is just as good Cheers Gold Toof
If You can't Beat 'Um... Use A Bigga Stick

Skaven Dave

Skaven Dave

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang's Ladz
You, Sir, are a Genius. And you've just blown Ein's mind. Kudos to you.
...Hi, my name's Dave and I'm an Orkaholic...

Instructions on Landmines for Grots: Dig hole, place landmine, cover with earth, stamp down firmly...

edo-1

edo-1

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Banija
i want to have sex with you.....that is brutal!!!!