Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drabber's Army

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
I've been pretty quiet for the last year, I've been logging in and reading posts, as well as making progress on a few of my own builds, just haven't been documenting... I suppose its about time to speak up again and put some of my models on display... I've been attempting to get a single picture of my entire army, with the hope that seeing them all at once can help motivate me to finish up some of my nearly done projects and perhaps see what is missing so I can get more direction for new builds. Also I have always wondered what it all looks like on the table. I've been collecting Orks for about 20 years now and I could point out the very first model I bought in this group, its pretty scary to think how much time and work has gone into this, but I could never bring myself to part with any of it... There are two 4x8ft tables taking up almost my entire workroom, the headcount is approx 400 models, but that counts buggys and gargants as one "model" At some point I need to calculate the points cost of them, not that I ever get around to playing anymore, I just love modeling, and I prefer to make models which could fit into a game... I'm curious how large a force this actually is... though I may need some help... there is another forum for that sort of question, yeah? I took a bunch of pictures, and detail shots of various stuff too if there is interest I will post some of them, and if I get motivated enough to resume work on any of these I'll split them off into their own construction thread. This picture I quickly photoshopped some of the background elements out. any feedback? questions? comments? whatever? -brad isdrab

Attached Thumbnails

• full_army.jpg

Urtyfist Gorok

Urtyfist Gorok

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 188 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Fists
ha ha ha, Thats a decent collection drabber! All the UGE stuff make the lil guys look like ants! I remember that musical warhound there... Ipod still work? Is it a finished build? Paint that sucker up! Urty
"I dont get it..."

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Thanks,

The Waaagh-hound isn't quite done, the tedium of replacing the other speeker stack got to me, and he got shelved. Basically it still needs detail, weathering, rivits, armor plates, etc. Then I can paint him, which will be a lot of fun I'm sure.

Here is a better pic, with (L to R) my Squiggoth, Rok, Waaagh-hound, and Great Gargant

Posted Image

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

(accidental double post, so here is another pic)

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
I'm loving the Mega Gargant. I was wondering where you got your maker bigger gun from cos I'd also like to enlarge some of my small minis down to the last exact detail ;)
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

Skaven Dave

Skaven Dave

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang's Ladz
I actually thought this was an Epic army to start off with, then I realised that's a 40K scale Great Gargant. Gork, that's scary. I like the Rokk. Is that Squiggoth built out of a whale?
...Hi, my name's Dave and I'm an Orkaholic...

Instructions on Landmines for Grots: Dig hole, place landmine, cover with earth, stamp down firmly...

needskonstruktion

needskonstruktion

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 490 posts
  • Army Name:Da kombined Waaagh of Warboss Bob
Yeh, I thought it was an epic army as well at first to! :lol But then I realised it wasn't in the epic sub-section, the models bases were regular ones and that's quite a bit of detail to put on such a small model... :blush Nice army you got there, looking forward to more close-ups. Nice rok and nice super-heavies! :thumbs Maybe some close-ups of the infantry? :?
Korprul' konstrukt, Lad uv da dreadsokk korpz - Fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa
QUOTE (Sproston Green @ Oct 2 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my expierence it's been all about the trousers.

QUOTE (Warboss-Keg @ Feb 28 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
urinating in my pants because I just can't be bothered to zip down my fly

QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Nov 16 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you need to get a firm hold on those breasts and do something with them.

My Daemons - Please look! http://www.heresy-on...nacious-bob.htm

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Very impressive. And I thought I had way too much stuff. :biggrin Now, just get that looted Titan finished. :whip
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

stompy mek boy

stompy mek boy

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 287 posts
  • Army Name:peetr paans speedy ladz
ah and the waaagh hound resurfaces at last, iv been looking for that fella for so long i couldn't find your original thread for it. i have to say that this is an impressive horde, i dont suppose u could link me to the original thread for that warhound could you? as im currently working on something similar and i was wondering if i could loot your ideas

Nuked Dreams

Nuked Dreams

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:-
Wow! That's a lot of orks and vehicles. Could you take a close-up picture of your squiggoth, he looks cute :)
In the grim dark future, there will only be brightly painted armies.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Lookin gud ya zogger. If I hadn't seen some of your work I'd have thought that was an epic scale army. I didnt get a look at the mega gargant or da Ork rok before. They look darn proppa if you ask me. Very impressive. :cheers Now if they all were painted black and had checks on em, then they would be impressive and real proppa. ;) WAAAGH! da impressive hoards
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Kaptain Von

Kaptain Von

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blork Tempahs
Nice Epic... no, wait, you were mental enough to build a 40K-scale Mega Gargant.

Oh my. That's awesome. Liking the stage-on-legs Waaagh-hound as well. And is that a gunwagon with Doomwheels on the front?

Could we maybe have some pictures of the smaller vehicles?

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Always good to see a big waaagh in one pic, nice work drabber. :thumbs I don't remember seeing your rok before - any chance of a link or some more pics as it looks cool. Hope you finish da orka-stra hound soon. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Cateran

Cateran

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Razh the Konkorer
I spy with me little eye a lot of stuff your pict of ur collection is great but id love to see the boss in charge of that "pile o' ork" caz man theres a lot there but its hard to see it all can we get picts of ur first ork and your warboss? -Cateran
Oy did uz kno wood burnz betta dan roks!?

-Bit Gib (the first of the Mek Boyz)

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Really nice stuff. I followed a ton of your builds, so I know what I am looking at, and it is mighty fine. In the first picture the Great Gargant makes everything else look like it is from the epic scale. :lol Nice stuff
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
I'd written a detailed reply last night, where I thanked each of you individually, but the browser crashed and I couldn't retype it all, so thank you all, your kind words mean a lot to me. Looking at all of your builds is one of the big things that keep me inspired to keep going.

Its funny, but I didn't even realize how much this looks like an epic army until you guys mentioned it. I suppose it makes sense though, one of my goals was always to make one of each unit and type of battlewagon from epic...

So it looks like I have a lot of requests to see just about each type of unit, in the post I ended up losing last night I tried to post a bit of each, but I'm thinking the best way to go about this is to just make a list and hit it all in order. (This would be so much easier if I had my Codex, but I'm at work right now...)

I should have paid more attention when I placed the models, but I was trying to place them in order of cultural development (left to right) rather than force organization.

I'm sorry in advance if some of the pics have crap lighting, one of my bulbs burned out while I was shooting...

I'll start with HQ. Really "post your Warboss," should be an easier request, but I've got several warbosses, since I figure that any proppa Waaagh would have the best units from each warband/klan. Also they can be the most fun to make. There are a few models I'm not listing here, based off the metal GW Warboss models, because they a bit more like Nobz than Warbosses to me...

HQ

Warboss(es)

1. Nazdreg and retinue (on the right) I wish I had a better pic of just this group but atleast they have a thread where you can see him in all his current glory...

I'd like to go back and finish up the last details of his paint jop, and perhaps trim down the size of his gun holding hand, but I figure since he is 80-90% I shouldn't mess him up now, at least while I still have other mobs which aren't even close...
Posted Image

2 and 3. Cy-klone mega-armor and Warbike Standing with their wargear/assistant; three grots in a treanchcoat pretending to be an ork... infront of them you can see my mek Wazzat Shiny-fing, and Da SJ Squigs
Posted Image

4. Mounted Feral Warboss He is basically done, but his walking wargear need a bit of paint before He'll actually be done...

Posted Image

5. Wooden 'Eavy armored Feral Warboss ( I've never made a thread for him, but this is his gallery...)
Posted Image
Here he stands with a mob of Snakebite boyz, who really need paint...

6. Ghazghkull Thraka for the Goffs (I like the 2nd ed model better than the newer one, but I still need to paint him.)

Posted Image

Weirdboyz

1. No name, yet. paint in progress.
Posted Image

I wanted his staff to be a TV antenna

Posted Image

and He has a retinue of 14 2nd ed weirdboyz as minderz...

Posted Image

Mekboss(es)

1. Mega-Mek Gog 'ead Again I wish I had a better close up of him from this shoot, but I'm thankful he already has a thread. I realize I've painted his Mega armored grots since the last time I updated his thread, and I ought to post a proppa update there at some point...
Posted Image
Here we see him with the Mechanized division of my force, including 4 Mega-armor Nobz, 10 cyborks, 6 killa kanz, and 2 deff dreads...

I believe this is all of my HQ, and I suppose this segways pretty well into my Heavy support section, which I'll update next... (I just hit the image limit anyway)

more later...

-brad isdrab

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Sorry for the double post, there is just a lot of content I'd like to get into this thread...

Heavy Support

I'm going to start with the biggest things, and work down to the smaller stuff, and try to answer the questions I got as well as figure out what is left on them, and hopefully when its done this list will be helpful in estimating the points cost...

1.Mega gargant

I doubt this guy will ever actually be finished. I'm sure I'll always be able to add more to him. I've been detailing the buildings started beefing up the shoulder kannon, designing a reloading system, and thinking more about the interior...

Posted Image

About the big guns, I think it says in it's thread, but most of his were constructed from disassembled supersoakers and random bits...

2. Great Gargant,

Made him to match the look of my Mega-mek Gog'ead. there is no thread for this guy (yet) One thing I've been meaning to do is rivit the :bleep out of him.

But someday I need to make a decent tour for him. there are three hinged doors on the main body which open to reveal his inner decks, they could use a bit of detailing, but its all blocked out.

Posted Image

3. Stompa, I finished this one a long time ago, working from a WD cover illustraition. He is made from mostly card, bendy straws, push pops tubes, along with a bunch of bits from Star Trek's Enterprise...
Posted Image

4. Waaagh-hound, still needs detailing then paint...

5. Rokk, I'm really glad so many of you seem to like this guy, I've never been too happy with it. I made it for a map-based campaigh a Dark panzee and I were attempting, along with a destroyed cathedral, here it is in one of my art shows...
Posted Image

I've been fighting off the urge to scrap it for quite awhile now. I have an idea of how to improve it, but its pretty resolved at the moment, and I'd hate to tear it apart when I've got other projects which could use my attention...

6. Squiggoth; (Moby Squig) I sculpted this guy and cast a few out of resin. I wanted to make it somewhere between a squig and a land whale, crawling along with his flippers. I made I think most of the resin ones have been sold now, but there may be one or two left in a drawer somewhere.

Posted Image

I've always intended to make a crew for him, I was thinking of a Cap'n based off the Ogre Maneater pirate model, I could see him pulling on the anchor's chain to steer, and possibly one of the leadbelchers with their canons ... I'd also like to add some more random models to his decorative base to tell more of a story...

Posted Image

I built the Hoodah on top of it out of an old school battlewagon, a forgeworld kannon, wood, and plastic card, wanted it to look like a whaling ship, or a tug boat, to fit in with my nautically-themed Freebooters.
Posted Image

7. Freebooter Battlewagon, never made a thread for this one, but I am particularly proud of it. made most of it from match sticks. The sails came from a boat model kit and wheels from the skaven doomwheel... There are still a ton of details to paint, and it needs a base...

Posted Image

8. Lung bursta and 9. Gunwagon (both red) these both fit in with my Goff mob, the 'bursta was from the old WD templates, and the wagon is scratch plastic card front on a WW2 half track's back. these both need their paint finished, and a crew might also be a good idea...
Posted Image

(Left to right)10. Wazzdakka 11. Skullcrusha (in blue) and 11.Wartrak Scorcha (in blue) 12. Looted wagon
Posted Image

Looks like I'm hitting the image limit again, and I haven't even finished the Heavy support section yet...

Please feel free to ask questions and comment, I hate having to double post and feel like I'm talking to myself...

-b

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Right proppa freeboota bw ya got there. I went out and bought a model ship kit with the intent of doing what you did, but never got around to it (Mek ADD). Looks really proppa, if you get a chance I would be interested in seeing more of dat. Also, did the A-mob ever get paint because I would like to see them as well. Now you need a dirty dozen mob to continue with your hodge-podge waaagh (which is one of the most impressive on this forum). :cheers Lorax
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

Please feel free to ask questions and comment, I hate having to double post and feel like I'm talking to myself...

No need to feel like that - no-one's responding as we're too busy gawping and drooling. ;)

Thanks for posting the close-ups. Love the weirdboy's aerial staff and the fact his minderz are all weirdboys too. I've been planning a mad-boy themed mob to accompany my (planned) weirdboy but now I may have to reconsider as I love those old models.

Keep on posting. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Nuked Dreams

Nuked Dreams

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:-
Thanks for the close up of the squiggoth. When i saw him in the starting pictures, i was thinking "that looks a lot like a whale". Then i got the idea of making one of those ork submarines featured in WD 344 and make it look like a whale, and yes the name Moby Squig popped up ;) I love the whole ragtag look of your army, feels like they having been waaagh-ing for a long long time, and picked up a lot of new vehicles and troops along the way. Great work :)
In the grim dark future, there will only be brightly painted armies.