Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snodgrotz Mek Shop (WIP work in here)

* * * * - 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
  • Army Name:Snodgrotz Killa Skuad!
Greetings Waaagh, I decided that I would finally start to contribute to this site and come out of the shadows. I have been stalking these forums in silence for a couple of months while I have thought about starting my ork 40k army, I have to say the work I've seen here in the mek garage is amazing! and I would lie if I didn't say that I wasn't influenced by you guys. Well so I decided that I would finally post some of my conversions and let you all tell me what you think. So lets get KROMPING!

First I like to start with some back story if that's cool!

Kanz sat in a bar holding his fungus brew in his hand, Da boss was starting up his Waagh and wanted da strongest meanest nobz that could be found! So here was Kanz listening in dis pathetic bar on this ork held home world listening to every panzy boy Nobz wanna be tell him why he'z was DA BEST! for dis Waagh. There sat across from him currently a little runt of a nobz.
"I be'z da baddest nobz you see! here! Dis fighting scar'z from booming up a Impy Tankz!"
"Datz no scar! you Grot!" Said a deep voice from the back of the bar "Datz probably from a boom'd Grot Boiler nuffin more!"
"Dis is A TANK SCAR! ooz said Tat?!?" Screamed the nob across form Kanz
" Ey Diz, MOVE Grit unless you wantz a real scar! across Yr'z Neck!" Then a large metal fist banged da table as a half ork half machine came into view. The ork jumped out of his seat and scuffled to the door. "Hur Hur Dat's what I'z thotz." Another cybork came into view and sat down next to the previous. Des both looked like proppa fighten nobz.

"Who uz?" asked Kanz
"I'm Gearz and Dis is Tinfaze!" - said the ork on da left.
"Hur Hur, tinzfaze Wat kinda na..."
the other cybork held his slugga to Kanz skull and let out a static growl from his voice box.
"Wez call him tinzfaze ca's few waaaghz back our ladz were fighting them tinz boyz and tinzface took a green gause shotz and melted his faze off, but da doc stapled it back on and he took dat tinnies ead." -replied Gearz
"Hur Hur" crackled Tinzface.
"Dis is a story I'ze wantz to hear! er' next round!" At that Kanz grabbed da grot server and picked him up by the back of his head slamming him face first into the table. Kanz scooped up the bloody teeth and handed them to the server.
"Der, next round three impys! Hurry upz youz Gummy!" the grot scurried away. at that there was a humm of alien technology and tinz face was pulled off his chair, the scarab that now acted as his foot started to glow green and scurry towards the door. Tinzface pulled out his slugga and sent a round through the little tin'ead climbed himself back into the chair.
"hur hur, hiz foot das nat now and ten, it'z always a good laurf!" chuckled Gearz.
Then the grot server came back with three standard 'umies helmets filled to the brim with fungas brew.
"Hur Hur, here'z da' drinks ladz! now tell yourz story!" chucked Kanz.

:cheers :cheers

OK well after any further a due here is my first cybork tinzface.
Posted Image
ok first look you probably notice the face, and can probably tell it is heavily inspired by DonUlfo cause I think he does great work.
Posted Image
Then I got the idea for his leg off of squiggoth warboss which is very proppa. However instead of beakie or beakie parts I decided to use tin'ead, cause one of the guys I will be playing against plays them and my boys will have lots of parts to loot from them after game, I hope. Well anyhow I got 1 done out of a squad of 10 so I guess I should get back to it! :whip Well see you all around!

And here that poor lot. Da Bone Krusha Clan!

Grubsnikk

Grubsnikk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 315 posts
  • Army Name:Kreepin' Deff
Roit, first of all, welcome to Da Waaagh! Looks good, too bad it's a bit hard to see his face, it's very white... Also, the PK seems a bit big, but then again, 'bigga is betta'. Good cyborking, guitar wires are always useful. The story was funny, and the model goes well with it.
FEELD-MARSHULL GRUBSNIKK
KOMMANDA OV DA KREEPIN' DEFF BLOOD AXES

LICHTENAUER FOR PRESIDENT!

quote: 'I like the variation on head you get plus the FB box has a nob sprue' jackdoud
quote: 'Then it isn't da waaagh's issue, we don't get ninja-lawyer'd and everyone lives happily ever after. Even the bunnies.' Blakkreaper
quote: 'If an ordered list of thread links isn't enough for you to find something then give up now and take up embroidery. cheers.gif' jackdoud

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)
Hehehe ..... that's proper use of a Scarab, that is. :biggrin Welcome to the Waaagh, Mr. Snodgrot. :cheers
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

Grimbadd Zaggasnikk

Grimbadd Zaggasnikk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 293 posts
  • Army Name:Grimbadd Zaggasnikk's Blitz Boyz
thats a really nice cybork :thumbs the scarab foot looks really good, as does the PK & the mask. it does look to me like the pk should be further up his arm though, chop out a bit of the wrist and itll look ded proppa! oh, Welcome to the Waaagh!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,567 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Those tin'ead bitz work nicley as cybork bitz, esp. that foot piece. A couple of 3 things though-that pk seems to be a bit much & that wire for the legs seems a tad too long. I think it should run closer to the leg & maybe have some tie downs. Another is that where the power cord runs into the hamstring maybe have another piece of platics around the cord as a fitting of sorts, or have the pant leg torn up w/ some GS some how. As it is it its just sorta there. Welcome to DA WAAAGH! good luck w. the rest of the mob.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
Heh, looted foot scarab, very nice....! Keep it up!
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts

Roit, first of all, welcome to Da Waaagh!

Looks good, too bad it's a bit hard to see his face, it's very white... Also, the PK seems a bit big, but then again, 'bigga is betta'.

Good cyborking, guitar wires are always useful.

The story was funny, and the model goes well with it.

I agree on the PK it's a little bit bigger that normal, but I wanted it to look like these cyborks would wield weapons that a normal boy couldn't however I think it needs to look more secure which leads on to Grimbadd Zaggasnikk statement, and yes I agree it needs to be more secure, however I think I want to add more onto the back rather than chop the arm down, I dunno I will take another look at it later, hope it works.

Those tin'ead bitz work nicley as cybork bitz, esp. that foot piece. A couple of 3 things though-that pk seems to be a bit much & that wire for the legs seems a tad too long. I think it should run closer to the leg & maybe have some tie downs. Another is that where the power cord runs into the hamstring maybe have another piece of platics around the cord as a fitting of sorts, or have the pant leg torn up w/ some GS some how. As it is it its just sorta there. Welcome to DA WAAAGH! good luck w. the rest of the mob.

Yah I also agree on the leg, I plan on making it look torn up, there is some grey stuff down there but I don't think you can see it well in the picture. As for the wires. I hope to improve on other squad members and maybe come back to him, but I was surprised how hard it is to work with and bend, any tips on this would be appreciated.

Thank you all for all your comments and what not, also thanks for the warm welcome. So I was out of town and didn't get as much modeling done this weekend as I would have hoped! :crybaby anyhow I did get started on my painboy for this squad. I think I'm happy with how he is coming out but I need some suggestions cause I think I'm stuck. Since you where quite helpful on my first cybork I thought I throw him up in WIP state. Ok so here is the painboy! Hope you enjoy him...

Front
Posted Image

here is a look at his cybork arm, I was thinking of basing it of a chaos beakie leg, but orking it up a bit. Don't really know what to put on the end of it I was thinking a PK but I thought PKs might get old if every model had one, also I would like something that maybe would be helpful for those mid battle fix ups he may have to be giving.
Posted Image

Finally his back, with his new tin'ead backpack! I want to add some pistons or something I think to make the tin'eads legs move and bold on the axe/saw and claw on better. Also really like his boss pole, gonna paint it red so all the boys know where the medic is. I know it's hard to see in this picture (damn lights!) but it's got quite a few bullet holes in it.
Posted Image

Well that's all I got for now, I have done some work on his grot orderly but I don't want to post him till he's (or it) is done cause I think it should be a good laugh so hope you all stay on the look out :search until next time! peace.

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
HELP! Waaagh I need your HELP!
:!
ok an update kinda (camera died so no pics sorry, hope to get those on tomorrow after work.) Here where I sit with my cyborks got 10 + painboy

painboy -Dr. Orkula - see above.
1- Scarab Foot guy up above - pk
2- big dakka, has a Big shoota on his arm
3- Ta' Prospector! has a drill arm
4- Pincher arm
5- buzz saw arm!
6- :bang
7- :bang
8- :bang
9- :bang :bang
10- :bang :bang :bang :bang

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE LAST 5! I'm trying to make each cybork look tough scary and like he has a huge nasty weapon to break panzies! I'm also trying to carry the tin'ead veterans through the entire squad so I have a tin'ead warrior spure to play with as well.

in other news I just finished Dr. Orkula's lovely assistant nurse Grotzwell. Hope to have pictures of him, uhh.. her... uhh it. tomorrow as well. until then I will have to link you the motivational picture that made me decide to make this monster.

Posted Image
:love :love Hello NURSE! :love :love

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)

Don't really know what to put on the end of it I was thinking a PK but I thought PKs might get old if every model had one, also I would like something that maybe would be helpful for those mid battle fix ups he may have to be giving.

Well, every proper Dok needs a rusty bonesaw off course. IIRC Nobz lose their PK once you upgrade them to Painboyz anyway. ;)

6- :bang
7- :bang
8- :bang
9- :bang
10- :bang

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE LAST 5!

Page 58-64 of GorkMorka's Da Uvver Book (click me!) deal with all kinds of bionik enhancements/eksperimentz that a Painboy may perform on his patients. Perfect for inspiration.

:love Hello NURSE! :love

That's one heck of a grot orderly you've got there. :blush
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
Nice Doc banner, although it does scream a little of "I'm over HERE!" I await the orderly with a mix of anticipation and/or dread...
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

sp3c

sp3c

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 508 posts
  • Army Name:1 mekanized Whaaaagh
Nice job on making the aobr nob look ... diffrunt :D in any case, I allways wanted to do a Cybork up like arnold "da Goformentor" Schwartzenegger in Terminator 2 I mean a basic ork but with the metal worky bitz showing on spots where the flesh (and clothing) was blown off by massive enemy dakka though I allways picture him on a bike ;) 0w and I think the banner on the back of the doc is too big for my tastes, I'm liking the tools though :D and I'm l00tin the scarab f00t ... yes
New tenants wanted for Ork Town. Prime real estate up for grabs. Low rents and plenty of fighting, boozing and proppaness. Check out the kompetition thread and register your interest by August 1st.

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
Since you seem to have a looted tin'ead theme going, how about an ork using a tin'ead torso + arm as a weapon? Would probably make a suitable 'uge choppa. As for cybork bits, chainsaw arms would be good, or how about a built in skorcha or rokkit launcha? Maybe over the shoulder, or even in the chest. And why confine weapons to hands? How about a power-boot? Or even a steel reinforced headbutt?

Da Kurnul

Da Kurnul

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
  • Army Name:Da Furst Blak Axe Drugoonz
I noticed you havent done anything with chainsaws. May I suggest something in 'big mouth full of chainsaws' style. Think 'Predator', 'Alien' and 'Blade 2 Vampire'.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, Da Uvver Book will give you lots of ideas. It can be downloaded from HERE.
Always Bigger, always shootier, always more of it.
- The art of WAAAGH!

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Da flyin' armarda
Maybe some burna tanks on the back, to give a petrol/gas powered look?
'Ere to fix your gubbinz!'

Quote: Big mek, DoW

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
Come baaack frommm da graaaavveee!

ok so I haven't been posting my work on the waagh and I have several projects started! however now I need your help! noticed I said started not finished so that's where I need your C&C I've decided to just make a photobucket album instead of uploading all of the images to the waaagh, cause there sure is a lot of them and this forum would probably never load, so here are some of my favorites and if you want to see more I will provide you with the links below the picture.

Big Mec / Warboss Snodgrot

Posted Image
Here a shot at his kustom mega shooter

Posted Image
Ok so this is Da boss! Squigorth I swear I started the head before i saw yours, anyhow this is one of my two warbosses I have, I am going to give him the current kustom shotta for when he is running da mec boyz then build him a big shotta for when he is gonna be the warboss. Hope you like him!

Some Boyz
Posted Image
here is a pic of some boys i've painted, since my army has a deathskullz / blood axe look (camo and facepaint) I've decided that each squad of boys will have there own distinct camo scheme on their pants and shirts to break up mobz then the whole army will be tied together with the blue.

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts

Cyborks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Des are da boyz dat get to kromp with da boss! they are my cybork nobz mob. The painboy is coming soon, but he still needs to be primed.

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
Grotz an Gritz
Posted Image

These are the grotz that are in charge of keeping da waaagh rolling, stomping, flying, and marching forward. If it is stopped though they seem to be on the wrong end of da choppa. I am quite proud of Nurse Grotzwell she ( or it) rolls as my painboy orderly.

My Truck

Posted Image

Pretty much just the stock model but have a look.

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
Da Big Tank!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well dis be da Big Tank! it's my looted wagon was inspired off Iron Dog, since his looted wagon is what made me want to collect orks. his work is quite impressive. However da red wasn't me. So I guess I got him to thank.

Well that's all for now please let me know what you think
anyhow here is a link to my Photobucket Waaagh WIP Album

Snodgrot Out

Warboss Gorker

Warboss Gorker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Turdhammas dakka smiths
LETS HEAR THE REST OF DA STORY! and i love ALL of your models :blush
BECAUSE I HAVE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS.

I am now CHAOS! Death to the false emprah! BLAGAHGAGHGAa!
Iron Warriors
W/T/D
4/1/0---------I need more challenge.

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
thank you.