Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KroozA'z New Ork Fleet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
I decided to redo my Ork fleet and to start with I striped down my KroolBoy BattleShip and began work on beefing it up.

This ships isnt intended as a new class of BattleShip, its intended to be used as any of the four battleship class's. Its also beefy enough to be used as the unoffical Ork BattleShip Gork'z BigUn da 400ptz monsta!

Ive never been a great fan of the BattleShip design... as for some reason it was made in a completely different style to the existing ork ships.
To somewhat correct this Ive given it more hight by adding some Oomie cruise parts. This makes it taller than it is wide... which is more in keeping with the Ork's fishy style vessels. It also clearly depicts the fluff about large Ork ships being built from the wreakz of Oomie vesselz.

Extra engines have been added to make the back end higher without adding a tail fin.
Ive used a DethDeala prowl as I think is the best looking of the four, its been modified by mounting it lower and adding some other gubbinz to depict optional lances and torpz. Ive not bothered to clearly model launch bays as this would have taken up valible space for gunz n turretz. Besides... as lauch bays are basicly just holez in the hull I didnt think it that important. ;)

There are plenty of little bitz left to do to get everything blended together right.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BS1a.JPG   109.73KB   597 downloads

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
very nice - very "chunky" and "orky" - the added height really does make a very good "fishy" statement, i hate to make a suggestion on a masterpiece, but a little bit of armor over perhaps the first third of each back multi-engine? soemthing just to bulk the tail up a tad?
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
I gotta agree, Krooza. That is much more in line with the Ork Kroozer designs. And as only you can do, it looks completely original yet recognizably part of the GW Ork fleet. Very nice. :thumbs Given that you'll only be using one BB at a time I can't imagine an opponent objecting to this being any one of the four.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Shas'O_Bob

Shas'O_Bob

Da Blue Skinned Git

• Skumgrodz
  • 876 posts
  • Army Name:Fresh Meat Cadre
Yeah, that will work. Our fish'ead ships have given as good as they've got against Gue'la and even Chaos, but the way my main opponent plays Orks, we generally get run off the table. (He takes pretty much nothing but kill-kroozers, and shuts down our ordonnace. Not agreeable at all.
The only constant in the Universe is change.
The wise adapt.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Although Ive already posted this in a seperate topic I will put this custom Gouga Kroozer here as well.
This is a 'Evy Gouga the big bro of the Lite Gouga.
This vessel is design to be the kommand ship of large Brute Ram fleet. No rulez as yet, but I had in mind a vessel with sooped up engine and some ded killy ramming weaponz.

The top jaw has some teef from a 40K Ork ChainSaw added.
The lower jaw is from an ]I[ model. This kinda makes the prowl look like a giant PowerKlaw. A large chainsaw is mounted within the grip of the Klaw in a sort of SwordFish fashion.
Along it sides are mounted twin bladed chainsaws for added choppiness.
Engines are from an Ork BattleShip. The Kroozer's tail fin was removed and repositioned on its side. The enginez have been capped with some plastic tubing to give them a crisper finish, this is something I plane to do to all my ships.
Bulking up the top of the hull are the back-ends from a 40K LandRaider Cruiser's Heavy Bolters.

Ive also rework the prowl area changing the normal position of the eye. There are several places the 'eye' can be on both the KillKroozer and TerrorShip prowl. Doing this can realy change the expression of the prowl.

A sneek preview of my chosen fleet colorz... Ive gone for BadMoonz as I like the striking yellow. Only the prowlz will be given colour, the rest of the ship will be bare metal. This is a simple and effective paint skeem that quick to do. Here you can see the ship with its base colours added. Shades n highlitez will be added later.

Attached Files

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
No Ork fleet is complete without a 'Ulk.
Not been a fan of the more usual jumble of wreaks fused together type 'Ulk Ive designed mine like a proppa ship.
Offical 'Ulk statz arent realy good enough for such an impressive vessel... but not much I can do about that.
A quick blog of its construction can be found Here!

Attached Files

Nuf Said.

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 836 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz
having actually held krooza's big ulk and can honestly say thats a weighty model! good girf

be the change you want to see in the world

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Happy with the new shape of my BattleShip the one thing that was bugging me was the prowl. Its just so damn different to all the other Ork ships. I did concider removing it and replacing it with a KillKroozer prowl... but that wouldnt have been wide enough. So I filed down the detail and cladded it in thin plasticard. Then filling the gaps with putty before adding more plating... and steadily building up the shape. This new prowl will be trimmed and detailed to match the other Ork ships.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BS1b.JPG   66.87KB   288 downloads

Nuf Said.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Absolutely proppa, mate. :thumbs And I truly know what it's like to try and glue down those little fiddly p-card ribs and struts. I am impressed with how nicely you've done it. Once the paint hits it no one is going to have a clue that this is p-card.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Thanx... still a bit to do to it yet. Once the prowl is finished the enginez need work and that ugly putty work needs sorting out. Ill try and get some decent picz done at PhatTony'z when Ive finished the build.
Nuf Said.

waaagh5744

waaagh5744

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 142 posts
  • Army Name:orks, grot rebelz,trench boyz
yay bad moons I'm starting bad moons yay

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Here my completed BattleShip. A top set of teef added to the Prow. Oomie launch bays mounted verticly on the underside. Enginez caped with plastic tubing. Plasticard and sculpting work tidied up. This ship is now about the same mass as the largest Oomie BattleShip, and sports anuf weaponz to make it more than a match for any of them. ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File  BS1d.JPG   165.18KB   332 downloads

Nuf Said.

GorgOT

GorgOT

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:Chaos
Awesome, and very orky, looks like a good ol' fashioned pile o' gunz, with a bunch a rokkits strapped to the back and an armered prow.

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 412 posts
  • Army Name:Grimsnagas Iron Clad Armoured Brigade
any killkrooza's planned?
this fleet is sick
how big is your hulk? it looks zoggin 'uge!
proppa job mate, il be keeping an eye on this
Grow old or die trying...
DKoK

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Theres a Kroozer next to the Hulk in one of the picz ;) Its about 7" long. Im presently working on two Rok style Kroozers. They are like mini versons of my Hulk and can be used either as Kroozers or as Rokz.
Nuf Said.

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
Great work! I'd love to field a fleet like this!

Make sure you paint it Proppa now! :)
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

Perfect_Timing

Perfect_Timing

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
I really like the Hulk...always thought that a hulk would be better integrated with parts and engines then you see most, but thats good

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Been workin on my first Rok. Got the basic shape done and all the mayor gubbinz in place. As you can see its a much more uniform shape compeared to a standard Rok. Seem to be a logical step for Orkz to make Kroozers from Rokz as you get the best of both... out-standing duriblility and maneuverability. Im making a pair of these and they will mainly be used with my Hulk with standard Rok statz.

Attached Files

Nuf Said.

big mek boomsnik

big mek boomsnik

Steel Teef

• Evil Sunz
  • 668 posts
  • Army Name:waaaagh goreteef
the rok is looking nice and i like the way youve got the asteroid upgraded into ship feel some other roks ive seen are lumps of rock like clay with engines(as in not the well done clay roks with engines and windows that look good i mean hastily glued on out of place parts and bits to look like engines). and the pictures on the how you built your ulk blog are gone/deleted
By the end of the week will it be Penelope the Piece of Pansee Dung?-dim reapa
Eh, it's a post about Ke.lets, going off topic is just getting into the spirit of things frankly.
-penelope the wonder pony
my waaagh blog http://minilink.me/mekkin%20blog!/ pic heavy!

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 412 posts
  • Army Name:Grimsnagas Iron Clad Armoured Brigade
any updates? :rolleyes
Grow old or die trying...
DKoK