Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looted Devilfish/piranha, Snikrot model

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Grimmskragga

Grimmskragga

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
  • Army Name:Grimmskragga's warband o' GRIMBOYZ
So, I've noticed a significant lack of looted fish'ead stuff, which makes me sad. Because fish'ead play a very important part of the universe, they're the krump'd'iest army around!

So I took the liberty of looting a devilfish, and a piranha, and just for kicks I'll show you my snikrot model.

The two vehicles aren't quite completed, but here's what I've got started:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's gonna be helicopter blades making it hover, seeing as the original engine system was horribly destroyed by tankbustaz. It's big enough to count as Trukk or Looted Wagon, depending on what guns I put on it. More to come.

Grimmskragga

Grimmskragga

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Here's the piranha, still needs a weapon system, rivvets, etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

any critiques are more than welcome!

CrayolaSmoker

CrayolaSmoker

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
  • Army Name:Blitzmek's Armorked Krumpany
Very nice use of Trukk parts, there. Definitely needs some more armor in the back. A little too airy for a closed top model, IMO. Is the rod sticking out the top a banner pole?

Grimmskragga

Grimmskragga

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
and finally, snikrot, in construction phase as well as finished ('cept for base, I'm gonna make a diorama base for him sneekin' up on an ethereal)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The main design was totally looted from someone here, I forgot who, but I added the poncho for all-weather snikin' and sneekin'. Snikky knives I purposely made to look just nasty and randomly jagged, but on a craft point of view it may be interpreted as lazyness. I love him the way he is though, so snikky!

So, any thoughts?

Grimmskragga

Grimmskragga

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
No crayolasmoker, I purposefully left the back opened and airy so it could count as "open topped", as in still vulnerable from attack from the outside. Obviously helicopter blades would get in the way of it being "open topped" so, I'm making it open-sided, but still closed enough so boyz aren't randomly falling out mid-flight... though, come to think of it, that thought IS rather funny... Nah, the top part is the beginnings of a helicopter engine, blades and enginy-bits to follow.

Skullwhompa

Skullwhompa

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Skullwhompa
That's awesome! I play orks (duh), but I collect (Meaning I've not done nearly enough work on them to make them playable) Beakies, Panzees, and Fish`eads, and have thought about sacrificing the Piranha's to the orky goodness, but that Ork-ranha is just amazing. I love that you put a wheel on front but left it jet-propelled. The Devilfish as a truck is really cool too, it's easy to tell what it was, but there's no mistaking it for anything but an Ork vehicle now.
Honor is bulletproof.

chockchan the arch dictator

chockchan the arch dictator

Stainless Steel Skull

• Goffs
  • 582 posts
  • Army Name:*under new management, no name yet*
they look pretty neat there. ;) i would what i'd think to be cool for the devilfish would be to have the helicopter blades underneath the vehicle, to seem more like hovering. plus you could paint them all bloody and stuff, cause the pilot would just skim over enemy squads, chopping them ta bits!!! also, the way the pirahna moves, is there only gonna be one wheel? i know you're not finished with it yet, but i'd hope there's gonna be some rear wheels or something. if it had one wheel up front the thrusters would flip it over. good 'un on the snikrot, too. :cheers
QUOTE (DaSquigBrain @ Apr 27 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Butter and salt for the Blood God!

QUOTE (CannibalBob @ May 10 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My models are all assembled and kept together through sheer willpower.

Choppas. Making people successful in a changing world.
Records starting Jan. '09:
Orks-Wins 0/Draws 0/Losses 0
Empire-Wins 3/Draws 1/Losses 2

Grimmskragga

Grimmskragga

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
The theory behind the piranha is that the front anti-grav distributor was destroyed, but the back was left in place. So at rest, the back end still hovers. The wheel's were a cheap way for my mek to fix said problem. In turbo-boosted mode, the back end raises quite a bit, but the piranha's got enough downforce to keep it from flipping over.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,468 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
That looted fish'ead vehicles are lookin good so far. I liek the impracticality of the piranha. Very nice massive jet engine. I like the way you explain how it works. As for Snikrot, all I can say is :thumbs From the cloak to the glowing red eyes. Very nice. The knife blades may be a tad long even by fluff standrads but they don't throw it off too badly.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Shas'O_Bob

Shas'O_Bob

Da Blue Skinned Git

• Skumgrodz
  • 875 posts
  • Army Name:Fresh Meat Cadre
We express our dismay at this misapplication of effort.

We advise that you loot the Gue'la stuff.

We have your best interests at heart here.

Honest.

There is more Gue'la stuff around. There are less T A U than Gue'la so obviously there is less T A U materiel available.

Plus the Gue'la stuff is much easier to lay your stinking green paws on obtain. The T A U stuff is hard to get. Nasty railguns and pulse rifles have to be faced, but not with the Gue'la. Just those flashlights ineffective laser weapons.

Plus there's the technology itself. It is very complex, and you greenskins are too dimwitted to comprehend it will take a very long time to understand.

So, stick with the Gue'la stuff, and leave the T A U stuff alone. It's easier. You like things easy, don't you? We thought so.
The only constant in the Universe is change.
The wise adapt.