Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da 'Uge Soggin' Stompa Orkerprise

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
This project started just after Apoc was released. After some setbacks, a few months of it sitting on a shelf and real life interferance it's finally done. On the outside it's a standard Big Mek Stompa. Big props go to all the great examples on this board with a special thanks to Cyroul whose awesome mekstompa was a big inspiration. The inside is a whole other story. :biggrin Enough jibber-jabber, here's pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Part 2:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Additional pictures can be found on my website here: http://www.angelfire...orkerprise.html

And I've posted a complete write-up with progress shots here: http://www.angelfire...priseconst.html

Comments and criticism greatly anticipated! :thumbs
  • r_squared likes this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Ho-leee Sugar dumplings... you're not just a-jokin' around... it's even got a blue-shirted grot peering into the monitor at the Science Officer's station. Brilliant! You could have had it painted in panzee colors and wearing a tootoo and it would still rock just for the interior! So you plunk it on the table and play along until you need the other players to be distracted and then "Oh did I mention..." and then you wipe them out while they're all rolling on the floor with laughter. Great job! This is pure awesome.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Gobsmakk'd

Gobsmakk'd

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 548 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ska' Vengaz (Deff Skullz)
Hur-hur-hur, this is outstanding Jack, simply amazing. Congratulations. :cheers Is there a warp drive hidden in the bottom to help surprise the poor beakies even further? Your attention to detail is amazing, must've taken a while to put together and paint. William Shatner is still 'bigger' than your Warboss though.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 54 posts
  • Army Name:Arch-Engie Vinz's Konstruction Krumpany
I love it. Now you just need a grot "crew member number 4" in a red shirt to go and do foot recon.
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
...:thumbs fabulous...wow...i can't figure why you would do such good interior details but i like them very much...congrats!!

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

Tribun

Tribun

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 376 posts
  • Army Name:WAAGH..we dunno need namez, we need foes!
Great Idea! :thumbs I like the iluminated pics! Perhaps it would be better, if the commanding-station would be orky-but also the contrast is very nice!! Good job and an inspiration to me!

DAGERMAN ANSWERTO WAAAGH!!!!

...pleaze exkuze my english...

Kludgnok

Kludgnok

Burna Boy

• Goffs
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Kludgnok
I absolutely love it. I'm not sure I'm qualified to even comment, but I'm going to do it anyhow. However, I'll be bowing, backing away, and averting my eyes whilst doing it. The Interior is unbelievable! The only thing I could think of to possibly add to the extremely large amount of character this model already has would be a red shirted grot performing some bit of maintenance on a particularly dangerous bit of stompa about to get himself perished.
Why play Orks you ask?....
Well my friend, its quite simple, I rather enjoy the word 'killy' and decided I wanted to use it more in coversation...

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 969 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
Heh, it reminds me of all those old playsets for action figures.
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Thanks guys! :cheers Kludgnok: I thought about that and I still might do it, I just needed to get it "done" and off my modeling table. I've still got to add 3 suparokkets to the shoulders and those will definitly be piloted by redshirts. ;) I thought about leaving the rear door open and doing a hallway segment as well but after the lights started to give me trouble I scrapped the idea.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice werk! :thumbs The Enterprize control section is truely inspired!
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Jaq Draco

Jaq Draco

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
  • Army Name:"fahrender Schrottplatz" = "drivin scrapyard"
The bot is "just" nice but the bridge is awesome! :thumbs

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Your pic of the lighted "bridge" from the front is golden! As reflected above, the details are great. Any squig-tribbles in the worky bitz? ;)

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Bit of a resurection here but I finally added the suparokkets to the shoulders. Buildup of the rokkets can be found in this thread: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=39804

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Sorry to have missed your post the first time around ya zogger. I Love the StarTrek bridge. Especially the Ork Kaptain leaning to one side just like Kirk used to do in da old classic Trek. Very nice werk ya git. The stompa aint to shabby either. Its very well done. Just the impact of the bridge you did just blows the actual stompa model right out of the water. Might have had more feedback on the stompa if you just showed off the pics of the stompa without the bridge. The supa rokkits are very well done ya git. Propperly red shirt guided to be sure. Jobs a gud un. :thumbs Love the whole thing ya git, I hope you can bring this one out to ORKFEST. I'd like to get a closer look at it for proppa lootin, er I mean just to get a better look at it. :blush WAAAGH! da Orkerprise
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Grimgor Grubskraga

Grimgor Grubskraga

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grubskraga

Is there a warp drive hidden in the bottom to help surprise the poor beakies even further?

Well, it's got to be able to use the "Strategic Redeployment" stratagem for Apocalypse somehow... ;)

Brilling twork there, that's a Stompa to be proud of.

Bubah

Bubah

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 47 posts
Oh my Gork!!!! When I saw the photo with the boyz in a dark crew room I thought that I might start looking for my dropped jaw... Amazing job! I also like the crude, rusty red paintjob.
Ey, you! Lisn'! I give you ten teef for that boots, whadya' say? No? Eh m'kay 'den. I wanted to take 'em anyway.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Nice work! The job on the bridge is both hilarious and well executed, and the stompa itself is so proppa in size that I don't think anyone would object to you fielding it as a gargant. Keep up the good work :cheers

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Absolutely fantastic stuff! I love the bridge! The Stompas itself is really good too, but the bridge makes it GREAT! This would qualify as a Supa-Stompa at least as it looks to be bigger than the GW Placcy Stompas! Excellent work. Got anything else in the pipeline? HG

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Got anything else in the pipeline?

A list longer than my lifetime but nothing this "serious" anytime soon. :lol

Eventually I'm going to bash a stompa kit with a baneblade but that's a ways out. Next big project will probably be a battlewagon made from a scratchbuilt looted warhound. :cheers